So what do you do?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

So what do you do?

Postby Shotaro Kaneda » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi dojo peeps

I've started spending a bit of time here recently after a little break, and it's nice to see some of the people I used to speak to on here still here or returning, so I was wondering what every is up to now as I started out on Ryo's Place, so have spoken to people throughout the ages of the forums and obviously what people were doing all those years ago they won't be now

So, who's working, at college, travelling, etc?

Shotaro Kaneda has received a thanks from: KiBa
Shotaro Kaneda
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: So what do you do?

Postby KiBa » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Work/grad school.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Graduated college in 2006, started as an assistant to a media company, a couple years later I became an executive and was responsible for magazine placement for Blockbuster Video, FYE, Tractor Supply, Circuit City, AutoZone, Pepboys, Fred's, Advance Auto, and some more chain stores nationwide. I left that company to work for my family firm because print media was dying, as well as some of the chain stores we serviced back in 2010. That company closed this past October. Now I'm an insurance broker in New York. We just moved into a bigger office to expand, looking to hire people, but you dingbats voted for Obama so you shot yourselves in the foot. :hitrock:

Jeff has received 3 thanks from: Axm, KiBa, Spokane
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Bluecast » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey I didn't vote obama. I voted Romney.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Jeff, KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 am

I'm a support worker for people with autism. Been working with learning disabilities for the past four years (since graduating from uni basically), can be very hard work at times but ultimately very rewarding :)

Miles Prower has received 5 thanks from: Bluecast, Kenny, KiBa, ThyDarkAngel, Yukupo
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 am

Miles Prower wrote: I'm a support worker for people with autism. Been working with learning disabilities for the past four years (since graduating from uni basically), can be very hard work at times but ultimately very rewarding :)

Hey I do the exact same thing! I am teaching at a school for autism, and doing support work with multiple families on the weekends. I have been doing this since I graduated in May. Very rewarding work indeed :D

ShOzO MiZuKi has received 5 thanks from: Bluecast, Kenny, KiBa, ThyDarkAngel, Yukupo
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 am

Bum.

ThyDarkAngel has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, OL
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Bluecast » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 pm

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:
Miles Prower wrote: I'm a support worker for people with autism. Been working with learning disabilities for the past four years (since graduating from uni basically), can be very hard work at times but ultimately very rewarding :)

Hey I do the exact same thing! I am teaching at a school for autism, and doing support work with multiple families on the weekends. I have been doing this since I graduated in May. Very rewarding work indeed :D
Miles Prower wrote:I'm a support worker for people with autism. Been working with learning disabilities for the past four years (since graduating from uni basically), can be very hard work at times but ultimately very rewarding :)

This is awesome. I only have a mild form of Aspergers but before my dad passed he worked with adults who had sever mental disabilities. It's really great when people take time with them.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yukupo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 pm

I graduated with a bachelors in Digital Arts this year and now work at a small indy game company as an Art Director.

Yukupo has received 5 thanks from: Bluecast, Kenny, KiBa, ThyDarkAngel, wude
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm

I have no degrees or training in anything 3D or 2D, programming or anything real computer wise with experience and its my main strength.
I make sligs and busses :P (WIP :P)
Thats it really. wip and a kobe tower ill dig out later.

mrslig100 has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Yukupo
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby redline » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm

i studied art but just work part time for minimum wage

redline has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Finished my degree awhile ago. I work for a telecom company now in business sales for the past 2 years. I make good money, which is important because when I move back to Japan a year from now ill need plenty to buy/recondition a house, get a hybrid car and have some kids.

Actually never talked about this one before because of NDA and I didnt care to discuss it, but I actually used to work for Sony Computer Entertainment here in San Diego for about a year in the QA dept. Went in as a temp, writing up bugs and braking games. I got promoted to full permanent within my first few projects. I worked on quite a few small and big titles out there and you can actually find my name in the credits of some games. I also worked with the Move controller in some of the launch games before it came out.
I found the work at first to be very nice. I liked Sony as a company alot and they have great offices. I got along with alot of the people there which is why I got promoted relatively quickly. But once I was in with more of the higher ups their were people that really rubbed me the wrong way, who were on power trips and one person in particular that had it in for me big time because of a misunderstanding. I felt like my job was being threatened because of it, so I found a new higher paying job somewhere else, (where I am currently) and was done with it asap. The work was getting tedious and destroying my love for games anyways. But ill always value that time cause I can say I worked in the industry and for Sony at that. Which looks great on my resume.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: ThyDarkAngel, wude, Yukupo
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Restaurant manager for one of the top restaurants in the country. Also make money other ways.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Axm
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Engrish teacher in Japan

RyoHazuki84 has received a thanks from: Axm
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:46 pm

sell things online, apart from that not much... hoping to study architecture soon, also get the motivation to work on my game some more :|
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Next

Return to Off Topic