Far Cry 3

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Far Cry 3

Postby OL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:15 am

Why are you looking up spoilers to games you haven't played through?
Also, I'm at least relatively certain that bloody boobs isn't the cause of AIDS.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 am

I didn't look them up. I watched two full playthroughs each with a different ending
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 pm

So instead of playing it, you just watched it. Videogames are an experience, not a movie. You're still spoiling things for yourself by not actually experiencing a game.

OL has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Who Really Cares?
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:04 pm

OL wrote: So instead of playing it, you just watched it. Videogames are an experience, not a movie. You're still spoiling things for yourself by not actually experiencing a game.

Sometimes I do it if I have interest in a game but not sure. Also sometimes knowing what happens makes me enjoy it more.The music was also great and liked Vaas so also wanted to know more. :???:
Last edited by Bluecast on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:09 pm

OL's going on the foes list :P

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Someone didn't take their anal suppository today...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Ryudo wrote:Also Maybe I can't afford every game like you can. ESP a FPS not just going to buy.

You can afford plenty your constant going on of owning 30 consoles and 300 games shows that.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:37 pm

edit
Last edited by Bluecast on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Ryudo wrote:
OL wrote: So instead of playing it, you just watched it. Videogames are an experience, not a movie. You're still spoiling things for yourself by not actually experiencing a game.

Jesus fuck off I do this all the time. Sometimes I do it if I have interest in a game but not sure. Also sometimes knowing what happens makes me enjoy it more. Also Maybe I can't afford every game like you can. ESP a FPS not just going to buy. The music was also great and liked Vaas so also wanted to know more. Fuck me man I been playing games for 25 years don't give me this bullshit like a fag "meh videya gamez are ment to be experienced heh" Jesus I know. Fuck. Don't talk down to me. I like you alot but don't talk down to me like that :???:

So what you're saying is, don't talk down to the guy who doesn't know how to express himself or have proper a conversation without the words "fuck," "fag," or "troll cunt." :-k

I'm not talking down to you anyway, just saying that you're doing yourself a disservice by spoiling things before playing the games you talk about.
If you "do it all the time," then hey, even worse.

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm

A friend told me about some pretty racist stuff being in it, so I kind of lost interest. I'm afraid that if I do actually play it and find that the racist stuff actually is there I'll be depressed that everyone is ok with it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 pm

OL wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

Jesus fuck off I do this all the time. Sometimes I do it if I have interest in a game but not sure. Also sometimes knowing what happens makes me enjoy it more. Also Maybe I can't afford every game like you can. ESP a FPS not just going to buy. The music was also great and liked Vaas so also wanted to know more. Fuck me man I been playing games for 25 years don't give me this bullshit like a fag "meh videya gamez are ment to be experienced heh" Jesus I know. Fuck. Don't talk down to me. I like you alot but don't talk down to me like that :???:

So what you're saying is, don't talk down to the guy who doesn't know how to express himself or have proper a conversation without the words "fuck," "fag," or "troll cunt." :-k

I'm not talking down to you anyway, just saying that you're doing yourself a disservice by spoiling things before playing the games you talk about.
If you "do it all the time," then hey, even worse.

Fine but hate when such obvious things are said. As for "troll cunt" that's just Riku's name since it fits him. He just oftwn trolls me like a cunt. However it's true I often do this as it makes me enjoy the game much more. Not all games but some. Some that I know I must know ahead of time. Made me love ACII so much I bought it. Also let me know that boat DLC is BS. (btw I am digging ACII hard and made me read Ezio's life on his Wiki and my god he has become one of the best gaming characters ever written IMO)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:A friend told me about some pretty racist stuff being in it, so I kind of lost interest. I'm afraid that if I do actually play it and find that the racist stuff actually is there I'll be depressed that everyone is ok with it.

I think your friend is probably just being overly-sensitive.
Unless he's talking about Vaas calling Jason a dumb white boy. I took particular offense to that. Not cool man. Not cool.[/sarcasm]
But, more than likely, he was just talking about the fact that the whole first half of the game has you killing pirates, most of whom happen to be black. It's kind of evened out by the second half though, where they're all white. There's little about the game that I could point out as being blatantly racist. The protagonist and his friends are all painted right from the start as being douchey, smug, rich white kids, and it's completely intentional. So whatever "racism" that's in there is pretty evened out in one way or another, if it even happens to be there.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm

It has more to do with "safe areas" like the natives that ask you for help are all clueless and ask for dumb shit and the white inhabitants have these well thought out plans that generally involve controlling the natives. He also told me about an achievement/trophy called "one of us" that has to do with joining the magical natives.

Generally I don't get too caught up on this kind of thing because generally its just a matter of being pc, but I'm just kind of noticing a lot of implicit racism in video games. Stuff that isn't really hurtful outright but is terrible in terms of how characters are portrayed and if it were any other medium would come under fire. Look at Assassin's Creed, theres some pretty big nonos but most people are a-ok with saying its great because its the best representation of a certain group even though its still quite off.

Maybe he is being overly sensitive, i mean we still disagree on Resident Evil 5, but from what I'm seeing this isn't RE 5.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm

I'd say slaughtering digital animals is the only thing that seems to feel wrong.. especially the (relatively) harmless ones, like the pigs, dingos or goats. It's not like you can't play it without doing it, but it somewhat tells you that you'd enjoy the game more if you do. I wish it felt more vital, like if you had to eat to survive or something.

Vyse Hazuky has received a thanks from: OL
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming