Ni No Kuni

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ni No Kuni

Postby Axm » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I wasnt gonna buy this game right away as I have a hefty backlog, but then BAM I get some best buy gift cards and coupons and now I have no excuse not to get it. But then BAM theirs literally zero stock of this game all over a 100 mile range of stores from me.
This game either sold out huge, best buy sucks teh balls or supply is waaay limited.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:33 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrD7ICkEd88[/youtube]

:lol: So even some who CANCELED their pre order themselves..still got charged for the game and sent to them anyway. WOW! NAMCO you fucked up hard on this. Yes I said Namco because they chose to go with a company that has a shit reputation.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 am

I wonder how much of those wizard editions were sold,didn't take long for it to be a collection/sought after piece.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 pm

This whole situation pisses me off so bad. How did my gut know? I am half assed tempted to call namco bandai now, after everything thats happened and see what they can do with my 3 canceled pre-orders. which by the way, and techincally, I never canceled myself they were auto-canceled because of pay pal or some confusing shit. Fuck it, im calling them.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Just got mine in the mail. Fantastic little set, this.
Easily among the best LE's that I've ever bought, that's for sure. Too bad that the soundtrack cd is only two tracks (I rarely even open LE-included soundtracks anyway), but the rest of it is all just beautiful. The book sends it over the top into sheer excellence.
So there were some distribution center fuck ups.
Oh well.
Actually get the thing in your hands, and all of that ceases to matter. The product itself is such great quality that I couldn't care less about some mishaps in a fucking mail room.

Can't play the game immediately, as I'm trying to get some other things recorded and done with first. But I'm eager as hell to get into it now. Haven't focused on a good JRPG in a while, so I'm excited to get back in there and savor it all.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

They basically said my only hope is if namco decides to make more stock of the wizards edition. I explained the whole situation to them, using paypal forced me to pay for everything in full back in july, I wasnt comfortable with that, they never announced a cut off date for pre-order's, I figured I would pre-order again closer to release date and everything would be fine just to find that pre-orders were cut off. Meh, doubt i'll be getting it, namco has proven how shit they really are. It just sucks I was already pissed about this before shit really hit the fan, now come to find out there are other people more pissed than me about the same damn game, fucking fail.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:13 pm

If they are virtuous, they will simply bake another batch of Wizard's Editions, and send them out.

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 pm

KiBa wrote: If they are virtuous, they will simply bake another batch of Wizard's Editions, and send them out.

A sort of Virtuous..Mission if you will?

Axm has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Meh, doubt i'll be getting it, namco has proven how shit they really are.

^^See, this exactly what I was talking about before.
It's not Namco.
Sure, you could go the snarky Ryudo route and say "whelp, they chose a shitty distribution company, hardy har," but that still places the blame on the distribution company.
Namco were responsible for localizing the game, translating it, and putting together this fantastic little package, all of which were done with player interest in mind. JRPG's aren't the popular quantity that they used to be, so not only was Namco Bandai taking a risk by even bringing the game over, but they were taking an even bigger risk in spicing it all up by creating such a nice LE (which couldn't have been cheap). They were admirably and honestly trying to create something great for RPG fans.
The taking of preorders and the final distribution of everything ought to be the simplest part of it all. It's done all the damn time with several thousand products every year, so I find it hard to fault Namco in having faith that the distribution company they hired would be able to take care of this relatively simple task.

If I go to Olive Garden, place my order, and for some reason it takes an hour for my food to finally come out, I don't blame the company itself. I blame the waiter for not getting the order in on time, not checking to see if it was being made, or whatever the problem may have been.
So if Namco could be faulted for anything, it would be for hiring the wrong waiter. Doesn't mean that they should have to take the blame, when all they really wanted to do was provide you with a tasty plate of fettuccine alfredo.

Dammit, I'm hungry now.

But yeah, fuck that waiter.
Namco and Olive Garden are still awesome.

OL has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Bambi, KiBa, Yukupo
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:46 pm

I really just wanted to enjoy this game having a physical copy of the spell book in my lap the whole time, thats what really made me want the wizards edition, im honestly not as intersted in it now because I know I cant now. And I am sure as hell not forking over $400 on ebay, the price was a bit high as it was considering everything you got. I may not ever play this game now, the whole situation has really left that bad of taste in my mouth. I still love you level 5 and ghibli, and its not like I hate namco either, but they need to get some things in check, thats for sure.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Digital River has a history of things like this . There was issues like this for Darksiders II as well. They have been in hotwater plenty of times. You want a real analogy? You go to Amazon look at a game you see the feedback. When you see a seller with really bad feedback but decided to order from them anyway and they fuck you over and never ship your game. It's your fault for choosing a bad seller when there is plenty other that had a better rep.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm

They just wanted to keep exclusivity to the namco site, since it is namcos game and they realized this was one of their big titles for the year, and probably hoping to get more people to buy from their store regularly, boy did that plan back fire. Again I say, good intentions but bad execution.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 pm

I just believe in placing blame where it belongs, on the individuals responsible. No matter what a problem may be, it can always come down to a person or small group of persons who are actually at fault. When I ordered the engagement ring I was trying to get a while back, the order was fucked up and I got the wrong one. Initially I was just angry at Zales, but it wasn't really Zales that screwed me over. I eventually came to my senses and blamed whoever the dumb fuck was that put the wrong ring in the wrong box. I'm not against shopping with Zales in the future, because I know the problem came down to one person in a mail room.
A lot of people find it hard to do that in a case like this, where they can't relate a face directly with the ones actually at fault, so instead they aim at and demonize the bigger company above them.
It just bothers me a bit. The whole subject of accountability, and how it rarely falls on those truly responsible.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Well since this is the second CE the messed up on maybe Digital River should fire some people.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: OL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm

OL wrote:if Namco could be faulted for anything, it would be for hiring the wrong waiter. Doesn't mean that they should have to take the blame, when all they really wanted to do was provide you with a tasty plate of fettuccine alfredo.

Dammit, I'm hungry now.

But yeah, fuck that waiter.
Namco and Olive Garden are still awesome.

Baking, Olive Garden... damn. Permanent association. Now I'm going to want to eat my Ni No Kuni.

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming