Ni No Kuni

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ni No Kuni

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 pm

I think this game just proves to show that Nintendo and GameFreak are full of SHIT when they say a Pokemon RPG wouldn't work that great on a console. Fuckers.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 pm

To me it's Dragon Quest with Star Oceans Battle system with some Pokemon thrown in. Then they add the charm and innocence of Earthbound. Then add Studio Ghibli and you have yourself a pot of Ni no Kuni. best served with a glass of fine Red Whine. Take it slow and savor the rich flavor.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Just found out that if you buy the guide from barnes,it won't ship til March. My guess is stock is hard to come by. I'm now starting to think Namco pulled something really sneaky here. It may just be selling that well but seems unlikely for a RPG esp a book to have a price fluctuate so dramatically in 2 weeks..130$,60$,25$,35$,40$....wtf :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

I think Namco underestimated demand for Ni No Kuni.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Yeah, I think a lot of people are buying this game just because of Ghibli's invovlement. There are tons of Ghibli fans, even my mother who hates all other anime is a fan of the studios films.

I'm sure Namco anticipated that there would be separate niche groups interested in the game, but I think they failed at realizing how expansive those once niche groups have seeped into the mainstream.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 pm

My email says it will be shipped on feb. 27th, strange that when I checked out I am pretty sure it said the 18th or something

upon closer inspection the web site even still says feb 18th. huh, maybe the 27th is the arrival date? And yes, the price is fluctuating like fuck, today its a couple dollars cheaper... weird.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ni-no-k ... 895981&r=1
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Maybe us JRPG fans are not used to in the modern age a JRPG not Final Fantasy seemingly doing really well. Like the Psone era again :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:42 am

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Bambi
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 am

Ryudo wrote: I'm now starting to think Namco pulled something really sneaky here.

The guide is made by Prima, not Namco. So yeah, considering that JRPG's aren't the bread and butter that they used to be for the western side of the industry, Prima probably just didn't anticipate much demand.
The price fluctuations just come from secondary sellers trying to make the best profit possible and not knowing what the hell they're doing.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:55 pm

OL wrote:
Ryudo wrote: I'm now starting to think Namco pulled something really sneaky here.

blah blah blah

Was a joke esp for AG
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:02 pm

So they had Ni No Kuni at Wizard Games (was previously my local pnt but apparently they branched off) and at gamestop. I didnt get it though because I really wanted to get something for Vita, and also I want to have the guide in hand before I begin that game, and its $60. But hey atleast I know it was in stock. I went to the counter at Wizards and was like, I have a stupid question but I am gonna ask it anyway, do yall have a copy of Ni No Kuni Wzards edition, I explained it was kind of like the collectors edition for the game, he looked it up on amazon and his jaw dropped at the price. he was like "its $400? Does it come with a PS3? I didnt even know they made one of these for this game" So I explained the situation as to why the price was so high for it and how they screwed up the pre-orders on it and what not. obviously they didnt have it, but the guy made a frightful look when I told him thousands got their pre-orders canceled for no reason.

Also I am digging the home made wizards book ryudo posted.

Ryudo wrote:
OL wrote:

blah blah blah

Was a joke esp for AG

Dont lie you know were really trying to get a reaction out of OL, which worked like a charm *high fives*

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:06 pm

^ My PnT became it's own thing as well
https://www.facebook.com/TheGameChangerz
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 am

Soaked in this game. Also have the Hardcover guide on the way

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Axm
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Ryudo has your guide shipped for Ni No Kuni yet? they gave me a ship date of Feb. 27th, but if you take a look at the item page (posted above) it says its in stock now and usually ships in 24 hours... Ugh, wtf. I might call them and see what the fuck is going on.

Edit - Just got off the phone with barnes and noble, they told me the guide was not in stock at the moment and the item page is wrong. They also told me they had thousands and thousands of que'd orders for this guide, and they are waiting on shipment from the manufacturer to get their stock so they can be shipped out. Wow... thats crazy, I would keep our fingers crossed that we even get the guide shipped to us on the date we were provided. I also mentioned to the customer service rep that the shipment availability is probably going to make orders for the item sky rocket and cause more problems for them and that they need to get with their tech guys to get the right info on the item page. Such a fiasco with everything that is Ni No Kuni... I think I have to play this game at some point.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah Feb 27th. Not worried. Mor eworried about the Xenoblade & The Last Story Mugs I bought off ebay 3 weeks ago
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming