Yu Suzuki Responses I haven't read before (on S III)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Yu Suzuki Responses I haven't read before (on S III)

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Saw this off of an Italian website and thought Suzuki's qutoes were quite interesting. Translations a bit wonky, but readable.

In this regard, in November of 2011, the monthly edition of PSM3 English reported the rumor about the brand, the hypothesis of an unpublished episode in the works for PlayStation 3. Yu Suzuki himself has repeatedly confirmed that "the concept of Shenmue 3 exists and is ready for some time " , and that the development plans were set aside at the time, unfortunately, because of poor sales of their predecessors, that SEGA did not justify the huge investments that would have required the production of the sequel, we are talking about more than 70 million dollars. So the work to be done would not start from scratch. "Many of the dialogues of the main characters are practically completed, especially those with Shenhua" reiterated on various occasions always Suzuki. "They are many and varied, in some cases deep and rich alternative in relation to the answers you choose. For example, there is a time when Shenhua and Ryo are at home, and the girl asks the young man if he wants something to drink, the player can then say no or yes choose and if the desired beverage from coffee, tea or something. " Creating then probably a new set of dialogues and situations according to the selection made. Shenmue 3 also spoke on the subject Mike Hayes, president and CEO of SEGA Europe and SEGA of America: "We have no official plans for the franchise, but we are aware of the passion that many Shenmue fans, so I say too. .. never say never. " And we hope that in this sense there is good news soon. Today, we are sure, a Shenmue Collection containing the first two games in the series adapted for TV HD, and a third unpublished episode could be rewritten in a positive way the history of this overlooked gem electronically. Also because the gaming community is now more mature and open to this kind of products than ever before, and the same Yu Suzuki masterpiece thanks to word of mouth on the net, to specialized sites such as ours and the spread of PC emulators that allowed more people to rediscover, is now known to the general public as a way of worship.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Re: Yu Suzuki Responses I haven't read before (on S III)

Postby johnvivant » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 am

its sounds very similar, if not the same as an interview posted here a couple of years ago. i remember the whole multiple choice in regards to beverages comment which made me smile.

it would be interesting to find out what he means by completed dialogue, does he mean that it is all written up and planned, or did they actually make playable sections like that for shenmue 3 which are sitting on disc somewhere in sega's vault. wonder if the voice actors recorded any dialogue of it.

i hope one day some stuff gets leaked from sega vaults especially if we never see shenmue 3. that stuff would be super interesting to the fans.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 am

Yeah read that before. SIII talk just makes me :sad:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:26 pm

johnvivant wrote: its sounds very similar, if not the same as an interview posted here a couple of years ago. i remember the whole multiple choice in regards to beverages comment which made me smile.

it would be interesting to find out what he means by completed dialogue, does he mean that it is all written up and planned, or did they actually make playable sections like that for shenmue 3 which are sitting on disc somewhere in sega's vault. wonder if the voice actors recorded any dialogue of it.

i hope one day some stuff gets leaked from sega vaults especially if we never see shenmue 3. that stuff would be super interesting to the fans.

I'm curious if the choices thing will go beyond simple beverage choices, like maybe the route of mass effect and swtor. Not sure if it would make it more interesting or worse.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Well you only had to look at the range of conversation you could have with someone in II compared to 1 so it would have been interesting to see them take it on a deeper path in III
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm

It's encouraging to hear that Suzuki acknowledges the enthusiasm of fans around the world. I only hope he acts on it before it's too late. The idea may be fleshed out as he says, but the longer he puts it off, as I stated some time ago, the more likely there can be negative influence on the game's final product from the surrounding industry. I worry about this because the more time goes on, the purist's mindset that surrounds throwback games like Shenmue is disappearing. Corners are cut, modern "twists" are put on things, etc. This can bleed into the development of this game to the point where Shenmue fans aren't even interested in it at the end.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Sadly, SEGA is more interested in making shitty ass Sonic games than completing Shenmue.

But yes, Suzuki I think had this interview with Shenmue Master. He says these choices also effect the outcome of the game as well and that the remaining dialogs would be between Ryo and Shenhua. This was sort of foreseen at the end of Shenmue 2 when Shenhua asks who Nozomi is and you have the option of choosing; (1) a friend (2) a girl (3) works at the flowershop. And also she asks if Ryo has any brothers and sisters, and you have the option of saying that he has none or talk about Fuku-san. I wonder if Shenmue 3 was released on Dreamcast and you could carry your Shenmue 2 save onto 3 that those choices would also effect the outcome.
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Well, let's hope that maybe it would be possible with the Shenmue HD collection! amirght or amiright???
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm

You are right until it comes out
RyoHazuki84

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 am

http://www.oxm.co.uk/49278/features/bes ... ar/?page=3

Just another article mentioning Shenmue HD. Nothing we havent heard before, but it's nice to get some sort of publicity.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes, Shenmue HD is all but necessary for Shenmue III to ever have a chance, not just that in gaining an audience but in the actual impact of choices you have made.

It would be pretty lame if all the choices you've made thus far in the Dreamcast versions of the games became irrelevant and a theoretical Shenmue 3 automatically has these things decided, especially if your choices were different. Your experience from the past would have no impact and it would take away from the immersion of the game.

One way to combat this is to build a save system in which Shenmue HD saves can be transferred to Shenmue 3 which is entirely possible with todays technology. Either with Shenmue HD being one release (One and Two) or released as separate games.

Or it could be argued that the main choices don't really take place until the end of Shenmue II, if so Shenmue 3 could have a recreation of the Guilin chapter and impact the story from there.

I'd prefer the former though.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Imagine, having Ryo drink a Grape soda instead of an Orange one and that changing the outcome of the game. :lol:
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Chi-you is actually a giant soda can. You get a different flavor depending on that choice you made in Shenmue I

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: Spokane
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 pm

I think I'm gonna change this topic to Shenmue shit I personally haven't seen before. I'm sure many of you have seen this one in Bailu village,

What in holy hell are they doing?
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote: I think I'm gonna change this topic to Shenmue shit I personally haven't seen before. I'm sure many of you have seen this one in Bailu village,

What in holy hell are they doing?

Yanky their wankey upside down.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Next

Return to Shenmue III