Other Side of the Golden Qr.

(Chapters 3-6)

Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

I've found a modified save file that is supposed to let you access the other side of the Golden Qr but it says it's a Japanese region save file.
Description This special save will allow you access to the other side of the Golden Qr.

(Note: Ryo also still carries his bag in this save, though he can't normally carry it in the Golden Qr.)


Info: filename SHENMUE2_001
Link http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/pub ... nmue%25202

0. Anyone know who made this file?
1. Will this file work on the European version?
2. If not, is there a European file for the same mod?
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby Spokane » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Not related exactly,but it always bothered me you could not visit the hotel Joy mentions, the Golden Hotel or something like that. I always pretended it was on the other wide of the street and thats why you could not get there. Ryo could use some luxury if you get enough money after all, it beats that guest house dump for sure I bet.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Spokane wrote: Not related exactly,but it always bothered me you could not visit the hotel Joy mentions, the Golden Hotel or something like that. I always pretended it was on the other wide of the street and thats why you could not get there. Ryo could use some luxury if you get enough money after all, it beats that guest house dump for sure I bet.

Dreamcast limitations esp disc size. I believe if we got a full on remake on next gen systems or PC would likely eb able to go in many more places. Maybe sneak on Joy showering... :P
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 pm

@Spokane

The hotel is called "The Grand Hotel"

@Ryudo

With the supposed plethora of unused files on the disc that serve no purpose, I kind of find it hard to believe that disc-size was an issue.
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby wude » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:24 pm

0. Anyone know who made this file?
The hack was probably made by LanDC,

1. Will this file work on the European version?
No

2. If not, is there a European file for the same mod?
There isn't at the moment, i'll see if i can convert the save
Image
User avatar
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: February 2008
Location: Ryuuseigai
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:27 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: @Spokane

The hotel is called "The Grand Hotel"

@Ryudo

With the supposed plethora of unused files on the disc that serve no purpose, I kind of find it hard to believe that disc-size was an issue.

Maybe a design choice or put strain on the DC. I'm no techie. So I was only guessing. I always wanted to go to the other side and explore the hotel. What I loved is how I could see NPC's across the street. At the time I played SII more advanced games were out but that detail stuck with me.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Ryudo wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote: @Spokane

The hotel is called "The Grand Hotel"

@Ryudo

With the supposed plethora of unused files on the disc that serve no purpose, I kind of find it hard to believe that disc-size was an issue.

Maybe a design choice or put strain on the DC. I'm no techie. So I was only guessing. I always wanted to go to the other side and explore the hotel. What I loved is how I could see NPC's across the street. At the time I played SII more advanced games were out but that detail stuck with me.


I hear you, I've always found it frustrating that I couldn't go across and talk to those people! :P

Thanks wude for trying to convert it. Keep us updated.
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Bluecast
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby Mocha Joe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm

The Golden Qr. had so much potential, but I'm guessing a time restraint and/or limitations of the Dreamcast stopped the area from being fully developed. With the rows of 'closed' shops, the Golden Shopping Mall being essentially empty bar the ground floor entertainment and being unable to cross to the other side of the street, it is one of the more disappointing places in Shenmue for me.

Mocha Joe has received a thanks from: lavrentis
User avatar
Mocha Joe
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative
 
Joined: December 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 pm

I really wish I had a copy of the Japanese release of Shenmue II...
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby lavrentis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 am

Yeah I always got an underdeveloped feeling from the Golden Qr, I did like the music though but the vast lack of detail in the area with the closed shops was disappointing.
Image
User avatar
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: January 2009
Location: Tokyo
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 am

ShenmueTree wrote: I've found a modified save file that is supposed to let you access the other side of the Golden Qr but it says it's a Japanese region save file.
Description This special save will allow you access to the other side of the Golden Qr.

(Note: Ryo also still carries his bag in this save, though he can't normally carry it in the Golden Qr.)


Info: filename SHENMUE2_001
Link http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/pub ... nmue%25202

0. Anyone know who made this file?
1. Will this file work on the European version?
2. If not, is there a European file for the same mod?

That's the save LanDC made. Actually, you don't need it to explore the other side of the Golden Qr.
With the trick LanDC found anyone can cross the street by yourself as you see in his post here:

viewtopic.php?p=535255#p535255

To master the trick go back to the first page and practice well. All you need is a little patience.
Enjoy the magic! :D
Image
Shenmue will never die!!
User avatar
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster
 
Joined: December 2003
Location: The homeland of Shenmue

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 am

It was time constraints as well as disc size. Notice how fleshed out the world was in Shenmue I compared to II? The second was supposed to be just as detailed, with more hidden side-stories than just Fangmei's birthday. Sadly, they fucked up with it, as by that point things were already going downhill and they were probably ordered to cut anything that was unfinished.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 am

Kiyuu wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote: I've found a modified save file that is supposed to let you access the other side of the Golden Qr but it says it's a Japanese region save file.
Description This special save will allow you access to the other side of the Golden Qr.

(Note: Ryo also still carries his bag in this save, though he can't normally carry it in the Golden Qr.)


Info: filename SHENMUE2_001
Link http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/pub ... nmue%25202

0. Anyone know who made this file?
1. Will this file work on the European version?
2. If not, is there a European file for the same mod?

That's the save LanDC made. Actually, you don't need it to explore the other side of the Golden Qr.
With the trick LanDC found anyone can cross the street by yourself as you see in his post here:

viewtopic.php?p=535255#p535255

To master the trick go back to the first page and practice well. All you need is a little patience.
Enjoy the magic! :D


Yeah. I was originally going to try this but I'm terrible at doing it. :rotflmao:
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby wude » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Ok, here is a hacked save for the pal version
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u4g9gd
Image
User avatar
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: February 2008
Location: Ryuuseigai
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Shenmue II was to be part of Shenmue 1 and not two games. Tie constraints made them split it up.
So Mitts maybe right. II maybe needed much more time for such an ambitious game but Sega was notorious for rushing it's employees.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Next

Return to Shenmue II

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net