Project X Zone

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Project X Zone

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/project-x-zo ... 2789.phtml

:D

phpBB [video]

The game is developed by Monolith oft. It combines characters from Namco,Capcom,SEGA. Spiritual Successor to Namco X Capcom. And now we get it! For the old school Dante fans the real dante is in here.
Last edited by Bluecast on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Project X Zone coming to Europe & USA!

Postby OL » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Well I'll be getting it immediately.
Not out of crazy excitement or anything; it just looks okay to me. I'll be getting it more so because stuff like this needs to be supported. It's still irritating that we never got NamcoXCapcom.

I do kind of take issue with this one though. Whereas NamcoXCapcom was like a big love note to knucklehead videogame fans, mainly featuring characters from the 80s and 90s (with some more modern ones too), this one just looks like a cash-in on the more recent generations. Pretty much everyone in there is from last gen or this gen.
Kind of annoying when the main company I'd want to get it for is Namco, but all of the characters they're contributing are from more recent fighting games and RPGs that I don't generally play, like .Hack or Soul Caliber.
NamcoXCapcom had it right; they included Hiromi from Burning Force, Kissy from Baraduke, Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie, Gil from Tower of Druaga, Kagekiyo from the Genji and Heike Clans, Taizo from Dig Dug, Wonder Momo, Bravoman, etc, alongside characters from Tekken, Klonoa, Soul Caliber, and the Tales series.
Hell, even Capcom contributed greats like Strider and the Unknown Soldiers from Forgotten Worlds.

The lack of any of those characters feels like one big cop-out in this one. And even worse, it's a HUGE missed opportunity for Sega. Almost none of their contributions are anything you could call "classic" yet. It's all modern stuff. And they couldn't even find it in their hearts to include anyone from Ryu ga Gotoku.

So I'll get this.
But I'll do so with a chip on my shoulder.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Wow. Colour me surprised. Really surprised. I'm so getting this, we need to support risks like this. I think Namco Bandai deserve praise for releasing this.

Yes!

OL wrote: Well I'll be getting it immediately.
Not out of crazy excitement or anything; it just looks okay to me. I'll be getting it more so because stuff like this needs to be supported. It's still irritating that we never got NamcoXCapcom.

I do kind of take issue with this one though. Whereas NamcoXCapcom was like a big love note to knucklehead videogame fans, mainly featuring characters from the 80s and 90s (with some more modern ones too), this one just looks like a cash-in on the more recent generations. Pretty much everyone in there is from last gen or this gen.
Kind of annoying when the main company I'd want to get it for is Namco, but all of the characters they're contributing are from more recent fighting games and RPGs that I don't generally play, like .Hack or Soul Caliber.
NamcoXCapcom had it right; they included Hiromi from Burning Force, Kissy from Baraduke, Valkyrie from Legend of Valkyrie, Gil from Tower of Druaga, Kagekiyo from the Genji and Heike Clans, Taizo from Dig Dug, Wonder Momo, Bravoman, etc, alongside characters from Tekken, Klonoa, Soul Caliber, and the Tales series.
Hell, even Capcom contributed greats like Strider and the Unknown Soldiers from Forgotten Worlds.

The lack of any of those characters feels like one big cop-out in this one. And even worse, it's a HUGE missed opportunity for Sega. Almost none of their contributions are anything you could call "classic" yet. It's all modern stuff. And they couldn't even find it in their hearts to include anyone from Ryu ga Gotoku.

So I'll get this.
But I'll do so with a chip on my shoulder.

Totally agree with you. The roster is the most disappointing part of it for me too. But hey, it has classic Dante! And Tron Bonne & Nemesis! Still though, could be a lot better.

Hey Ryudo, will this be your first Strategy RPG? If so, welcome. :beerchug:
I predict lots of angry posts. A lot of Strategy RPGs I've played are super hard, will be interesting to see if it's accessible or difficult...

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, St. Elmo's Fire
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Yes it will. Had it not been the companies involved never would have had interest capcom sega mainly finally my 3ds be worth owning

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I don't really like the roster as much as NxC I do think its a slightly better game tho.

The great things about games like this is no need to grind.

Also download the fire emblem demo. :P
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Project X Zone US June 25th EU Jul 5th US also gets CE

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Deleted my youtube post. release dates in Topic Title. Now the best part IF you live in the US. By default if you pre-order you get the Collectors Edition for the same 40$. OST,Artbook,Poster
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/pr ... -the-west/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: Project X Zone US June 25th,EU July 5th| US also gets CE

Postby OL » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 am

^^Definitely be preordering then.
Man, Namco is coming out with some sweet bundles now.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 08, 2013 5:23 pm

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Bluecast on Thu May 23, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Wed May 08, 2013 5:45 pm

This looks pretty cool despite it just being massive fan service.
Also.. Not to sound like a douche bag as im sure the game will be fun and all but why's it gotta have GBA era graphics? Id appriciate something abit more visually apealing. I just wish the 3DS could show off more is what I mean.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Axm wrote: This looks pretty cool despite it just being massive fan service.
Also.. Not to sound like a douche bag as im sure the game will be fun and all but why's it gotta have GBA era graphics? Id appriciate something abit more visually apealing. I just wish the 3DS could show off more is what I mean.

It's an SRPG. So they usually console or hand held use 2D sprites. Also with the hundreds on the roster it would look like utter shit modeling each one and the game never be released due to time and budget. Not to mention this is the spiritual successor to Namco X Capcom on PS2. Developed again by a now Nintendo owned Monolith but again being published by Namco.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 pm

I think it'll likely look a lot better on the actual 3DS screen. And the 3D effect might actually look good for it too (2D sprites seem to have a nice effect when pulled forward from the backgrounds).

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 pm

phpBB [video]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Thu May 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Day zero baybee

Meaning early, not never. :P
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 am

demo is out

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: Project X Zone

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 am

This game is awesome. Quite the contrast from Fire Emblem. I mean fanservice aside and shamed to admit most the characters I have no idea who the hell they are. Some I know of course and some I can make a guess. Many I have no idea,but like Tatsunoko Vs Capcom I don't care either as it's well done,quirky and good humor. I love the OSt as well. I just got done beating a some Robot Bunny. I now must import Namco X Capcom. Oh and Yeah only now did I learn it's pronounced Project Cross Zone. Make sense why so many X in crossover games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Next

Return to General Gaming