Next Generation Speculation

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I'm not over the moon about it but I can't blame company's for it. People will bitch and moan but enough will still buy it that Sony and Microsoft don't care. At the end of the day they want your money. I see people all over the internet saying they will refuse to buy a new console if this happens but all I can think of is the Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead boycott groups that had most of the group playing said game on day one.

Companies like Activision, Square-Enix, Epic, and Capcom aren't completely rosy. And Sony itself isn't in a great position. Do you think they'd risk going out of business on a product that to start with is going to be losing them money?

Also yes you can blame a company for it, because its a bad practice. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's ethical. On top of that, if the individual has the right to be a moron and buy a 100$ car in need for speed everyone else has the right to not spend their money on something they find stupid.

if one fool buys something stupid it doesn't matter if no one else does because they made money Square-Enix is a prime example of coasting on bad decisions.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Companies like Activision, Square-Enix, Epic, and Capcom aren't completely rosy. And Sony itself isn't in a great position. Do you think they'd risk going out of business on a product that to start with is going to be losing them money?

It's only a matter of time before we go all digital anyway so it's more a case of do they stop second hand games now or let it happen naturally. No matter when it happens there will be some companies that aren't going to transition well.

Also what's wrong with Activision I thought they was swimming in money?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Call of Duty sales last 2 games sales have been dipping similar to Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm not against going all digital, heck my games might never see physical release outside of special orders. But even then I'd do DRM free versions. Theres the real problem, in how people see licensing. You've actually helped me realize something (and i love you for it Riku) the dialogue going on is being muddled as there are a bunch of groups that want different things.

In terms of Activision, well the execs are sittin pretty. They quietly shutter a few teams every year and go with some intense layoffs a few months after every COD release. The devs themselves don't make much either. Mostly the profits go either to upper management and marketing(which is often not handled in house).

Ryudo wrote:Call of Duty sales last 2 games sales have been dipping similar to Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.

I think this last one picked up but yea, theres that, selling less games when you've got 5 teams working on a series isn't great.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:07 am

COD may have sold a little lower but Acti are still rolling in it. COD probably out sells 90% of all other games released that year combined.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5AugdCl4M[/youtube]
Microsoft telling us how in 2005 this is the future. (also at E3 we were told it would sell 1 billion)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZ-rK349aY[/youtube]
[color=#00BFFF]^ At the end is the console reveal. Most of it is BS footage and talking of the specs and the now famous duck demo.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPK3WxUH8Qg[/youtube]
When we were in total shock at the controller. We were mad,we were happy,we were not sure.

As we head to the next gen I want to take some people down memory lane which now seems so long ago. Xbox 360 the Colony,PS3 reveal and the Wii remote. All back in 2005.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 am

I'm still surprised that I stuck with the 360. When the Dreamcast died I told myself I'd jump onboard with the Xbox, instead I went to the Gamecube and eventually the PS2. I had my Xbox for about a year n a half before selling it. When I got my 360, I rarely went on it at first, then just got addicted two years later almost out of nowhere. Men-tal shit man!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 am

yea this console gen has been weird like that. Initially my ps3 got no play at all, but now I play most of my non pc games on it and use my 360 like a phone.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:45 am

Back in 2006 I did the launch for both Wii and PS3,FFXII,Halo 3,Wow expansion pack and Zelda TP. Midnight launches were hell. Was even worse when back then you were raving fanboy who hated Sony and one of those people spouting shit like Wii360. Bleh. Later just wanted all 3 and now I do. Would not have it any other way. I now hate being limited to one system. Like to spread the love. In retrospect have a lot of nostalgia and good memories this gen.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 pm

So the broadcast stream of the PS4 event is tomorrow. Cant wait to see that new DualShock 4 VMU edition.

Axm has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm pretty excited for the PS4, the only thing that would kill a purchase is if it has a bad drm.

I give no shits about the durango

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Axm
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Axm wrote: So the broadcast stream of the PS4 event is tomorrow. Cant wait to see that new DualShock 4 VMU edition.

Bank on a VMU controller. ;-)

Just me but since this reminds me of Master System and I love sleek sharp lines. I'd love this
Last edited by Bluecast on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr., wude
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bambi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm

mue 26 wrote: Image
:lol:

Seriously though, the controller looks good to me. Apparently it has cameras in it and all.

:lol:
Ryudo wrote:Just me but since this reminds me of Master System and I love sleek sharp lines. I'd love this

Haha, we have very different opinions on the aesthetics of the Master System, I much preferred the mark 2, even though it didn't have RGB. :sad:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 pm

If Sony shows off some apple wanna be curvy boring design I am throwing cat turds at random people outside my window.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 am

That mock up looks like a piece of the agrocrag from nickelodeon guts.

Yama has received a thanks from: Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming