Next Generation Speculation

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:15 am

:lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZDw-D2BSMg[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Axm
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Next xbox may require mandatory game installs.

"Every Durango console will have a hard drive, although its exact capacity has not been chosen," reads help documentation in the Durango XDK. "It will be large enough, however, to hold a large number of games. All games will be installed on the hard drive. Play from the optical disc will not be supported."
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 am

](*,)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Nankeiro » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 am

All installed? Oh, boy...
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:58 am

If that happens PS4 will secure itself in being the next gen system of choice for a majority of gamers. Long live Hirai and Kutaragi. Aaaaamen.

Axm has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 am

^That's pretty much my standpoint on next gen.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:27 am

Wouldn't it be funny if Microsoft was actually not going to do ANY of these things and these were all just made up rumors started by the media for the sake of attention and advertising revenue and we were all sweating for the past 3 years for nothing?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Anyone remember a time when in the hype of a new consoles the rumors and news was never bad news or rumors? It was always HOLY SHIT YES! Now it's HOLY SHIT NO GOD NO!

Bluecast has received a thanks from: CodingGenesis
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 pm

The digital revolution seems to almost be a Trojan horse of sorts that promises convenience and features but delivers shackles and loss of control. I remember how excited I was when DVD came out and I replaced my VCR. Low and behold, all the previews I used to fast forward through while watching Disney flicks (don't judge me) on VHS were suddenly unskippable on DVD. DVD was digital, so the option to FORCE consumers to watch every single preview in it's entirety every time you want to watch the disc became a possibility, and of course Disney took full advantage.

Now we're entering an era where you can't even play a game unless big brother is watching. What's next, China ordering tens of thousands of surveillance cameras to put on every square block to monitor it's citizens being passed off as being for their own "protection"? Oh right, that already happened.
Last edited by Sonikku on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:01 pm

well up until this last gen, you bought a console, bought a game, put the game in the console, turned the conosle on, and played. now they are trying to turn consoles into PCs, hard drives, expansions (DLC), complex console OS's/firmware with many menus and settings. The initial reaction is cool, more control over my system, but it ends up not really being like that because you have to pay extra for everything. It just costs more to be a gamer now.

As for next gen, im sure it will be more of the same, but even worse. Apparently some companies are so desperate they are willing to suck their market dry and beyond in order to stay a float. Gaming could crash, but really I dont think it will, there are millions that love games, people will just simply stop buying from the worst company. If anything I think we might lose one of the big 3, PC will always have a presence regardless, but gaming disappearing off the face of the planet forever? Nah, I would say there is a higher probability of it reverting back to niche ways of the past, which I am perfectly fine with.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yukupo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Sonikku wrote: The digital revolution seems almost be a Trojan horse of sorts that promises convenience and features but delivers shackles and loss of control.
This very reason is why I have a hard time being excited for devices anymore. Smartphones, consoles, tablets -- They're all the same. A computer that's locked so you can't do whatever you want. And they want the same to happen to our beloved open platforms. No thanks.

Sonikku wrote: Low and behold, all the previews I used to fast forward through while watching Disney flicks (don't judge me) on VHS were suddenly unskippable on DVD.
Don't worry, I still actively buy Disney movies. I bought two this month actually. :D
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Sony and Nintendo signed big deals with Unity. Basically means much more Indy support. Which I love. I just feel obligated to support indie games now esp after my big fuss supporting Operation Rainfall and Darksiders II. Most the big named in the industry have lost what made gaming. Many indies remind us.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: CodingGenesis
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 pm

And dashing, handsome young men, fighting hard against the corporate machine. Its not easy for so many indie developers, especially ones working on playstation platforms, to be so damn beautiful and well endowed in the shorts.

oh and indie devs make some really good games, especially brawlers, and rpgs...orrrrr maybe.....
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: And dashing, handsome young men, fighting hard against the corporate machine. Its not easy for so many indie developers, especially ones working on playstation platforms, to be so damn beautiful and well endowed in the shorts.

oh and indie devs make some really good games, especially brawlers, and rpgs...orrrrr maybe.....

Wanted to re phrase what I meant. In the 90's gamers and publishers were more open minded to ideas.
R* is now a huge developer but putting out basically the same couple IP's and they are mostly very similar. Shooty shooty kill kill kill big city. Yet back when they were DMA design just a few guys they tried many different types of games. So did Epic. Now these guys are huge the market is much more close minded for retail releases. Those two rather do more of the same. Start ups like you guys have it harder these days to get going and you don't like being at R* but need to. That to me is a shame. I hope ANCA takes off so you can do your own thing without having to slave away at big brother
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Yukupo wrote:
Sonikku wrote: The digital revolution seems almost be a Trojan horse of sorts that promises convenience and features but delivers shackles and loss of control.
This very reason is why I have a hard time being excited for devices anymore. Smartphones, consoles, tablets -- They're all the same. A computer that's locked so you can't do whatever you want. And they want the same to happen to our beloved open platforms. No thanks.

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, Yukupo
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming