Next Generation Speculation

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next Generation Speculation

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:20 am

All ill say all these sources said the PS4 would be online, no used games, track our DNA and so on.

I really hope MS would not be that dumb because yes many people have a connection but many also have issues with their Broadband. [Would it need to be a BB connection or just internet?]

But MS don't need dicks like this who has since switched the account to private

That Microsoft's creative director.

:lol:

Who Really Cares? has received 5 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Bluecast, Mitsuzuki, MiTT3NZ, Yama
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: They just want to try to force people to buy xbox live every year.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This vid sums it up pretty well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW28VSmXnCo[/youtube]

(Remember, it's a character he's portraying, it's not real.)

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: They just want to try to force people to buy xbox live every year.

But none say you need Gold just a connection. The articles say its to stop 2nd hand sales but MS don't seem to care about that like others in past interviews on the subject.
It could just be like what the PS4 will do installing updates and so on.

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, QWERTY
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:48 pm

"The electricity goes out too." is a really shitty argument. The electricity is way more reliable than any internet connection. Unless you live in an area with consistent natural disasters having no electricity is a rare occurrence.

Add that to the fact that a vacuum cleaner needs the electricity to run, whereas a video game does not necessarily need an internet connection to run properly and you have yourself a thoroughly useless analogy.

Fire this dope.

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Kenny
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Kaz owned his ass. MS is now leaving Xbox out of the race with this BS. It will be between Wii U and PS4. I am betting on PS4. Still no matter who takes number 1 sales of the two let's see what games they offer. So far Wii has me with X and Bayonetta 2. Sony always has great 3rd party and a strong first party as well. If I can afford it I will get both anyway. I usually like to have all 3 but MS is making me not want it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Again, think about this. We here at SD, the informed about gaming internet dwellers that keeps up with all the latest info, know about all these rumors from xbox requiring an online connection to function. Think about all the casual people that have no clue what they are doing like parents buying for their children, or new people to gaming, or the part of the market that is oblivious and just plays the consoles themselves but doesnt pay attention to this kind of stuff, what do you think the percentage of these people are? I would think its probably pretty high. Also, think about the loyal xbox fan boys that will buy no matter what and also the people that have internet and thus dont take issue with this matter. See this percentage getting higher and higher? Facts are, Microsoft can get away with doing this and most people will still buy. Xbox is extremely online oriented, I wonder what the percentage is of people that dont go online with their xbox 360's? im sure it is an extremely low percentage but thats not the point here. The point is that doing this is just wrong and stupid, and does push away the small percentage oh people that dont have internet. I guess at the end of the day Microsoft doesnt want to make a console for everyone. I guess xbox will be seen by some as the "rich guys" console, and will make those people feel more sophisticated because they have to spend more money in order to play (for internet and Live) and give off the vibe that says hey look at this extra money I have to throw around on stupid shit, boy do I feel more achieved and above the lowly playstation and nintendo owner. Course that only goes for people that use xbox exclusively. As for the people that end up with all 3 consoles next gen, im sure their xbox will see the least action and will only be played for Halo, Gears of War and Fable. *shrug*
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:27 am

Microsoft has responded to today's news with the following statement:

“We are aware of the comments made by an employee on Twitter. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views are not reflective of those of the company. We have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter.”

Ryudo wrote: Kaz owned his ass.

That's not the real Kaz :P

As i said elsewhere i think if anything will require a connection it will be the cheaper set top box which wold make sense.

:lol:

Word is Watch Dogs and ACIV might require a connection anyways.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:02 am

Let's assume that a situation arises where you're playing a multiplayer game, you're doing really well and then for whatever reason, the next Xbox loses the connection. Say the wi-fi was down or this mandatory Kinect lost sight of you. Not only can you not get back to that multiplayer game, but you can't even play the offline single player? No thank you. And if you don't have that problem then great, but I do. My wi-fi is prone to just acting up and not working for a time, through no fault of mine, it's just because of the area I live in. What happens in that situation? I just have an expensive brick as I can't play single player? I'm sure the same would be true for a lot of people.

I think the lack of information is seriously hurting them right now. This news has snowballed massively, and they need to fix it asap. I keep hearing people say they have no reason to, that they'll deal with it in their own terms and their own time when it comes to the consoles reveal in May/E3. But I see that as being the same as finding signs of cancer, but holding out on seeing a doctor because you've got a check up in 2 months. You need to catch these sort of things early, otherwise it's going to hurt them for months.

Doesn't help them that the PS4 is gaining momentum already. Since the reveal we've seen continuous praise for the system, the features, the controller, the specs. Devs seem to love it, indie devs seem to be absolutely flocking to it (while at the same time stating how bad their experience with MS has been) PS4 hype is building momentum in a huge way. Whereas MS, due to them being unwilling to ease peoples mind and even acknowledge the existence of the nextbox, now have rumours floating around of a non-game focused media HUB approach, underpowered specs, mandatory online, mandatory kinect, no used games and with these rumours spreading from both gaming and non gaming sites. I honestly haven't heard a single positive rumour about the 720/Durango. Granted, they could all turn out to be false, but I think we know a good few of them will turn out to be true.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:20 am

I don't know. Did Sony come out and dismiss the reports of the PS4 blocking games, needing a connection, tracking our DNA and so on before they announced the PS4 at the date they set? No they did not and even since its announcement Sony have been dodging various questions.

Most the reports are the same thing over and over from a leaked report that's nearly 2 years old or as with Sony could be for something different.
I don't think its fair to blame MS for what has been in many cases an OTT reaction from internet gamers. They have come out and commented on Orths comments which is all they really needed to do IMO.
We know they have something coming either this month or next but hardly anyone seems to be willing to wait.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:30 am

Sony has said their expectations are that a physical copy you should be able to play anywhere. Asked it it will block used games at all they would not give further comment.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am

Well they said its up to the publishers if games come with codes and have already seen Tomb Raider on PSN require an internet connection to play and as i mentioned above talk is both ACIV and Watch Dogs will require an internet connection to play so with both console its could come down to the Publisher.

I really hope it doesn't come to that for any because a lot of people still have the odd connection problems.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:28 pm

If I'm not mistaken one of the resident evil games also required one.

This whole thing is bullshit, I think everyone wants to try it and the reaction to it isn't over the top. People don't really understand what the problem is, i mean people don't see the issue with a lot of things but this one specifically it seems like no one gets how many different ways this is going to hurt everyone.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Nankeiro, Tuffty
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: If I'm not mistaken one of the resident evil games also required one.

This whole thing is bullshit, I think everyone wants to try it and the reaction to it isn't over the top. People don't really understand what the problem is, i mean people don't see the issue with a lot of things but this one specifically it seems like no one gets how many different ways this is going to hurt everyone.

I say that in regards to the next XBox because at the moment we don't know if its true.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 pm

*Looks at calender*

Ahh we're having this same old rumour quite early his month...

Two days before the PS4 got announced reports where saying stuff about no second hand games and online only. Maybe people should just wait for an announcement.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Who Really Cares?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming