My 4 theories for Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

My 4 theories for Shenmue 3

Postby NorthStarHazuki » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Here are my theories for Shenmue III

1.)Lan Di=Dragon and Ryo=North Star?
In the bad ending of Shenmue II, Shenhua told Ryo to hurry while the dragon clouds Ryo with black surroundings. And when Lan Di shows up and kills Ryo, She said the dragon called the clouds to hide the morning star; so Lan di must be the dragon, and Ryo must be the north star. Perhaps it just a prophecy. I'm not sure if this one's correct, But we will find out in the next game.

2.)Glowing lights on the center of each mirror.
We knew that the mirrors were made from the Phantom River Stone in the Guilin Region. But about the glowing objects on these two, I will give you 4 examples. Here is the first example, After Ryo left the basement, when Ryo carefully observes this mirror while Fukuhara felt creeped out when he thought Ryo was possessed by it. Then for a next example, While discussing Yamagashi about the mirrors, He said that these mirrors contain the treasure of good and evil, like the yin and yang. It means that he has to be careful that has something to do with his father's death. A third example, like my last theory, before Lan Di kills Ryo and snatches the phoenix mirror, The glowing object of the phoenix mirror stops glowing red. But in Shenmue I, the dragon mirror keeps glowing green when Lan Di possesses. And the last example when the stones that Shenhua's adopted father got, Shenhua declared that these stones contain voices. Like the second example, maybe these glowing lights have the same similarities like the stone.

3.) Sunming Zhao
In an interview with Yu and his one of his ideas for Shenmue III, we learned that the man with Iwao in the photo, could be Sunming Zhao. We knew that Zhao was killed in Meng Cun, but Yu stated that he will play an important role in the next game. Perhaps he is the adopted father of Shenhua, and maybe he has a different name to hide from enemies, just like Obi Wan changed his name to Ben Kenobi from Stormtroopers in ANH.

4.) Phoneix and Dragon mirrors
In Shenmue I, Master Chen told Ryo that if the mirrors are formed together, the chi you will resurrect itself and devour the world. But in Shenmue II, Yuanda Zhu said if the mirrors form a key, the treasures will be found to revive the Qing Dynasty. Although We though Zhu contradicts himself about the mirrors, but perhaps for the chi you men, they are doing it for evil; And perhaps he probably didn't know about using the mirrors for good, after he Told Chen about the mirrors. Until when he studied to find if there is another way to use the mirrors for good, while being hidden form the chi you men.

NorthStarHazuki has received 2 thanks from: Axm, shengoro86
NorthStarHazuki
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: F2great
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue I

Re: My 4 theories for Shenmue 3

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Joy,Shenhua,Nozomi,Xiuying,Fangmei will all give Ryo a bath and perform puff puff and Wude will record it all
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Perfectly respectable theories.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sunming Zhao was indeed either Shenhua's father or step-father.

I can't wait till we have answers to some of these questions.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Giorgio » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm

NorthStarHazuki wrote:1.)Lan Di=Dragon and Ryo=North Star?
In the bad ending of Shenmue II, Shenhua told Ryo to hurry while the dragon clouds Ryo with black surroundings. And when Lan Di shows up and kills Ryo, She said the dragon called the clouds to hide the morning star; so Lan di must be the dragon, and Ryo must be the north star. Perhaps it just a prophecy. I'm not sure if this one's correct, But we will find out in the next game.

I am not a pro, nor I can read/translate Japanese, but while reading (through Bing Translator) the following page "http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/shenmue-gai/chara_info.html", there is this phrase "蒼龍により殺害される。", which Google Translate translates it as "Which is murdered by Soryu." (modified version, generated from the available options that GT provide for as a possible translation· the original was "It is killed by Soryu.").

Following a mini-fast research, "Soryu" means "blue {or green} dragon" (source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Soryu). Bing Translator gives the exact translation as "Murdered by Blue Dragon."
Iwao was killed by Lan Di and there it says he was killed by Blue Dragon (Soryu), therefore it seems that Lan Di is the Blue Dragon, therefore the "Dragon".

You can not really rely on translations through a machine, so I am waiting for your clarification (and as a chance to expand my/our knowledge).
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Return to Shenmue III