Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Terra,Kefka and the music alone. Oh and more interesting themes to the story. Kefka is the best villian in all of FF. Simple reason. He has no motive. He was just bored. Pure evil.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Eh, honestly I think that FF6 is the most overrated of the final fantasies. The story just falls apart about halfway through the game when you have to start finding all your party members, Kefka is the single most boring antagonist ever for pretty much the same reasons you like him, the game requires you to use its huge cast of characters -- most of which are awful, and the graphics are pretty terrible -- games like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana do much better. I'll agree that the game has good music but I'm not going to play it for that, instead I'll go on youtube.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:51 pm

You say X-2 is great VI is not Wherehog is great and colors is not. I really don't get it :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm

My opinions on other games have nothing to do with Final Fantasy VI.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 pm

No just seeing a pattern of not liking more popular games in franchises and except for 1 go with most hated. Just odd taste.

Just an observation not attacking.

Personally VI is the best in the entire series. Well ok I have yet to play V. 7 to me feels a lot like OoT in that it's just looked at with rose tinted glasses.Not as good as people think it to be. In fact I am finding Cloud and Sep to be quite dull characters. One is moody been there done that the other is mommy mommy now I hate the world I gunna kill it. It just feels like mopey teenagers with big swords to the extreme. VI dealt with the best villain in the series,first female lead and had great opera scene,dealt the first time in games about suicide and other themes. I feel VI is timeless and 7 is 90's black leather pants cool for back then but not aged well at all. Kinda cheesy really.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Thief wrote: Eh, honestly I think that FF6 is the most overrated of the final fantasies. The story just falls apart about halfway through the game when you have to start finding all your party members, Kefka is the single most boring antagonist ever for pretty much the same reasons you like him, the game requires you to use its huge cast of characters -- most of which are awful, and the graphics are pretty terrible -- games like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana do much better. I'll agree that the game has good music but I'm not going to play it for that, instead I'll go on youtube.

Are you trolling? You have it completely backwards. :shock: Maybe you need to give FF6 another play, clearly we arent thinking of the same game.

Only thing I kind of agree with you on is when you have to find your party members again, but even that is kind of like the game starts over from the beginning, except it doesnt, and I honestly think it makes it a bit more of an unique experience in that aspect rather than take points away from it because of that.

But the characters awful? No way in hell, the battle system in 6 and the characters unique abilities is half the reason the game shines so brightly. Its hard to get a grasp of the characters as much from games of this time because they can have them show so much more emotion now a days causing their personalities to be more fleshed out. But for what it is, its great. Its one of the most complete JRPG packages of all time.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:18 pm

FF6 was my first RPG and also my favorite. By the time the story was finished I really cared for just about all the characters. No small feat considering they were nothing but simple sprites for all intents and purposes. I can hardly pass judgment on people for not liking a game I did, part of what makes a community so great is that we all have differing opinions and react differently to the same things. But I do wish those that dismiss it could have felt the connection and moving moments that resonated with me, when I made my own journey through through the game.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, ThyDarkAngel
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm

This keeps haunting me so I can't stop posting it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gax5ob68L3A[/youtube]

Then there is this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 am

Hey AG Thief is no troll. Just does not have the same opinion

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: OL, Thief
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 am

I don't mean to be a troll at all I just don't really like FF6 all that much. I still think it is a great game, however, just not one of my favorites. It is by no means a Final Fantasy III (which can suck a fat dick). Regardless, I don't think I tend to like the most hated games. Heck, my favorite Final Fantasy games are VII and X, my favorite Sonic games are Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure, and my favorite Resident Evil game is Resident Evil 2... I just think Sonic Colors is not that great and Final Fantasy X-2 is not that bad :lol:

Animegamer, sorry I should reiterate. I didn't mean to imply that they were awful characters as far as character development goes, or even that their play style is bad. I was glad that the game had a lot of playable characters that you could play as but I didn't like that after figuring out the characters I liked to play, they kept requiring me to play as the characters I didn't like. I should have worded that better (and to be honest I don't know if I worded that well even now... I'm realllllllly tired). I will stand by my opinions about the plot, Kefka, and the graphics though.

One more time though, I like Final Fantasy VI... just think I should be clear on that. I just don't think it's perfect. Chrono Trigger on the other hand ;-)
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 am

Agreed on CT and I only first played it in 2011 and already grew a nostalgia hard on for it. Game holds as well today as it ever did. Might possibly be Squares best RPG of that decade.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 am

Ryudo wrote: Hey AG Thief is no troll. Just does not have the same opinion

I know, I was just using that to get my point across that I think what he was saying was madness :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 am

FF VI is the best classic 'JRPG' ever made. Period.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Yama » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am

I love me some FFVI, but it's the new FFVII in regards to over praise. Well, maybe not entirely, both titles after all deserve their respective praise. Though I feel FFV is overlooked and is so incredibly amazing. Always have a soft spot for it.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: OL, Thief
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming