Embarrasing Game Moments

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Embarrasing Game Moments

Postby Tuffty » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Are there any shameful secrets you have when it comes to gaming? I admit that I love RPG's, sink dozens of hours into games, but very rarely complete them.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Embarrasing Game Moments

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:23 pm

I start far more games than I finish. Still have games I put to the side years ago. Only a couple years ago finished Xenogears and FFIX
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Momments? More like my life.
I fuckin Love Sony.
I like all their products. Not just games. I have a Sony DSLR, Sony Headphones, Sony stereo system.
When I move to Japan and need to get a new TV it'll be a Sony. When I get a new smartphone it'll probably be the Sony Xperia Z android. And my next laptop will also probably be a Viao.
Dat fanboyism.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Sonikku » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:24 pm

I remember when Sony made the best tv's in the business. They were top tier. The Sony XBR 960 especially was the best damn television you could possibly grace your eyeballs with for the time. (I wanted one so bad back when I was a poor college student. :sad: ) Their Bravia line these days seem ok, but Sony definitely seems to be cutting back on the wow factor in recent years. Then again, maybe it isn't so much that Sony's tv's don't push the envelope anymore so much as it's just a lot of the other brands are quickly catching up and refining their craft. Formerly junk brands like Vizo are closing the gap for a fraction of the price in the last couple of years.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Ya alot of the other brands these days have been getting better which is why I got a Toshiba last year. Saved about $300 vs the comparable Sony. Although still imo if you spend enough money I think Sony has the best TV's with Samsung a close second. I had a Vizio for 1 month before it went out with various issues. Dont reccomend them or westinghouse personally. Parents went through 3 different models of those before I shut that down. Sometimes spending the extra $100-200 for a brands quality is really worth it imo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby redline » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 am

Tuffty wrote: Are there any shameful secrets you have when it comes to gaming? I admit that I love RPG's, sink dozens of hours into games, but very rarely complete them.

when i use to play battlefield 2 on the pc, i always enjoyed killing the enemy or even my own team members just before they could get into a jet or helicopter. in a sense, messing up other peoples online gaming experience. :twisted:
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby redline » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 am

Tuffty wrote: Are there any shameful secrets you have

talking about shameful secrets, i put your sig image into google, are you a member of http://forum.jphip.com/ :lol:
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:25 am

I used to only buy Sony electronics. Now it ust depends. Got a Samsung TV as they are bitch slapping Sony these days. I stil have my Sony 27 inch Trinitron and that is an awesome CRT. Did buy a Sony Stereo last year I really like. Just the radio won't work in my front room. Reception issue I believe. Gave my Sony DVD player to my mom because I use my PS3 or 360. Computer use a Asus G75 and HP speakers and Monitor. Logitech mouse. Tho been buying more Samsung as my tablet it y TV is and bought my mom a samsung TV. I used to be Sony everything but not as much anymore. Sony seems to be falling in quality IMO and now can get better quality at better prices else ware. That said I still prefer my Vita over my 3DS despite less to play.

Now my most embarrassing moment when I used to praise and love nintendo and neglect myself from other systems and franchises. Now I spread the love to all consoles ever made and so many games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 am

Anything involving hostesses in Yakuza. Some things are for my eyes only..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 am

redline wrote:
Tuffty wrote: Are there any shameful secrets you have

talking about shameful secrets, i put your sig image into google, are you a member of http://forum.jphip.com/ :lol:

Hater Detected

Being a fan of Hello!Project is noble. Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

I have an account there too

Rakim has received a thanks from: Tuffty
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:48 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Anything involving hostesses in Yakuza. Some things are for my eyes only..

I just got a mental image of Ryan on a couch with a tub of lotion and a red dress on.

and no Tekken 6 artbook :P
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:15 am

I got stuck on the first level of Tomb Raider 4 for about three years. Never noticed it was a hopskotch puzzle.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby lavrentis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03 am

I don't like Assassins Creed or Mass Effect.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:35 pm

I don't know if I have anything embarrassing to say, but I will put something out there that I don't usually say very often (since it seems there are so many here that disagree very strongly, and I just don't care to argue about such trivialities anymore):
I fucking love the Tales series.
I love the generally "side-scrolling" battle systems, I love the bright, colorful style and personality that all of them have, I love the music, and I love the cheesy-ass, cliche anime characters (barring the obligatory "whiny little girl" that almost every one of them has; they're always my least-favorite characters).
I really don't care if some of the quests or story points result in inane backtracking; if I'm having fun, I'm not going to notice. I'll usually get a lot of much-needed grinding done along the way, so I barely notice if the story is dragging its feet.
And I really don't care if the stories usually tread the same cliche "chosen one" setup. Revenge stories continue to get away with the "loved one dies, hero wreaks vengeance" formula; how is it any different here? I'm really not bothered by it.
So yeah, I fucking love this series. The only ones I've actually finished are Symphonia and Abyss, but I've enjoyed the hell out of all the others I've tried (played a good chunk of Destiny, Phantasia, Vesperia, and Legendia) and plan to eventually finish them all. Even thinking of getting Graces today if I head out to the store.
Really looking forward to Xillia; easily among my most anticipated at the moment.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Return to General Gaming