Realistically, do you think Shenmue 3 will happen?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Realistically, do you think Shenmue 3 will happen?

Postby GKDAIR » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm about to experience Shenmue 1 for the first time ever, and later on in a few months, Shemue 2.

I know every now and then we get rumors or speculation, or even teased by Sega. But in all honesty, do you ever think we will see Shenmue 3.
GKDAIR
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ZombiU, Shemue

Re: Realistically, do you think Shenmue 3 will happen?

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Most likely no.

There is always hope however. Look at Drakengard. Just got announce it will get a 3rd game. With the team that made the first two despite being dissolved a couple years ago. So stories like that give hope.

It's more likely Shenmue III never happens but there is always a chance. Stranger things have happened.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 am

It will happen eventually. Just not anytime soon. I have faith that most companies dont just throw away a useful IP. At the very least it'll be sold off to whoever wants it (hopefully Yu Suzuki before he turns 90)
Perhaps a new studio that wants instant recognition by fans and the media will give it a shot.
First however, comes Shenmue 1&2 HD or even a complete reboot. Without that we have niche game nobody but older gamers would buy.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Schiff » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:31 am

yes, it will, but not so soon....
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm

I have hope for the series. It is known to Sega that more people want Shenmue 3 than any other sega title. I want Shenmue 3 more than games like half life 3. I think if the internet culture for shenmue keeps growing like it is now, we may have a huge chance.

I dont want to give up hope on the series.

Realistically, I side with my thoughts. Even if it is not a game, we will get "shenmue 3"
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Sukumayudiku » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 am

It will happen. I don't think Suzuki would be able to live with himself if he doesn't make it. This being said, it will take a long time. Suzuki was born in 1958. in Japan, the average life expectancy is around 83 years. I could see Suzuki going above that, considering that he looks rather young for his age. Thus, he could be in his eighties when he makes S3. Not unrealistic, if you consider that Akira Kurosawa made his movie Madadayo when he was over 80. So, to be optimistic, let's say Suzuki finishes S3 right as he turns 80 (instead of in his mid-eighties). That means we'll get to enjoy the game around the year 2038. The good news is that many of us will still be alive by then. Well, maybe I won't, but I will look down from heaven and smile.
Sukumayudiku
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Well, if I won that lottery back in December, I would have used that money to make it happen. But anyway, the concept exists, the idea exists, we just need that to become a reality. I think it will. My life is not complete until Shenmue is.
RyoHazuki84
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Steenkoud » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 am

I think too much time has passed since the release of S2.
Also the gaming market has changed, so did the economy.

but i will never give up praying [-X
Steenkoud
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:43 pm

I think it will only happen if I win the lottery I am willing to give Yu Suzuki 100 million if I ever win that amount. I play Mega million and Powerball every week hoping to win.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Yama » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Realistically, I'm not sure though I haven't given up hope. I think that's the majority of our members.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Somewhere between "in your dreams" and "not a chance in hell".
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm

It'll definitely happen.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Yama
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mrandyk » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Shenmue 2 was over a decade ago. It's not going to come out, and if it does the game will be a horrible disappointment because no care will be put into it.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Nankeiro » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Yeah... I still... believe.
Nankeiro

Postby blackcar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello,

i never blog in fact this is my first ever time, some would say a blogging virgin.

As for the above question will it happen?

Every month or so for the past 10 years I have been asking the same question, like millions of others across the globe. The thing is I believe it can but for it to happen we need to up our game!! This game means so much to me, it was beautiful a stroke of genius some would say. It sucked me into a world i never thought was possible and i have never forgotten. I have been fortunate to have many games consoles and many games over the years but nothing has come close to this series, nothing have i yearned for more than to play the 3rd.

To get Shenmue 3 in development i feel we have to take some steps and take the fight to sega. Firstly if it has not been done already we need an online petition. We need to get millions to sign it that way we could justify to Sega that making the game could be profitable. By doing this we could use the power of facebook. Then each and every Shenmue fan could sign it also we could get non shenmue fans to sign it (play dirty). Everyone who is a fan to send a message to each and everyone of their friends asking if they could also sign it. We could also post the petition on you tube.

Then when we have reached a certain amount of people signed we would go to japan and hand it over to Sega in person. Whilst demonstrating outside with banners and plaques, with a slogan like "what do we want ?" "Shenmue 3" "When do we want it NOW" i know it sounds a little crazy to go all the way to Japan to demand this game, but i would do it. i would buy the ticket and fly all the way from the UK to be there, i know thousands would also join me. We deserve this game people like us made Sega and lets not forget we owe this to Ryo.

I think that Sega has forgotten that someones father died here? We need an explanation, I want to get my hands on that Lan Di and give that Bas***d what for. i also want to drive another fork lift.

So lets get this game rolling lets quit all this will it happen? Wont it happen business and get down to business our selves. We need hand written letters by every fan to be sent to Sega Japan. WE NEED FLYERS, COMMERCIALS, TV SLOTS, WE NEED MONEY!!!

Whos with me to get this show on the road? And to take the fight to sega? if we get enough people like i said i will fly to Japan.

WE CAN DO THIS!!! DONT LOSE THE FAITH!! THIS IS NOT GAMEOVER!! IT IS THE MERE BEGINNING!!

p.s i miss Fuku San.

blackcar has received a thanks from: nskachu
blackcar
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue III