Maybe it's a generational thing, but I'm worred about gaming

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Maybe it's a generational thing, but I'm worred about ga

Postby GKDAIR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 pm

I should say I'm 21, but I feel so disconnected with the gaming market, I feel like the gaming market is not aimed at people my age, and I'm only 21!!

I read reviews and they are like "THE GRAFKIS SUK" and I'm like "Ok, but hows the gameplay?" They then say "THE MOOSIK SUKS TOO" "OK....but how is the GAMEPLAY" "There's no online functions at all either" "OKAY!! BUT HOW IS THE GAMEPLAY"

It also has to do with the gaming media putting emphasis on things more than others, like graphics. Now, if we don't have games running in 1080p and 60 FPS, the game is a flop and shouldn't exist. Sites like IGN are just like Fox News, they use fear tactics to attract viewers and jump the gun on everything. It's created a generation of troll bait and pathetic individuals who have mental issues if someone likes a game they don't.

It makes me physically happy that my purchase of Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has angered forum goers.
GKDAIR
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ZombiU, Shemue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:23 am

Mainstream gaming sites is why I turn to Youtube with more personal views and not tainted. Usually much more honest and give things a chance. Been gaming since the mid 80's and only took me til a couple years ago to not trust mainstream reviews and choose on my own. Not because a number says so.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby CodingGenesis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 am

I quickly learned to trust my own preferences instead of some random number in a gaming magazine. That's the best thing everyone can do, since there are as many gaming preferences as there are gamers in the world. It's highly subjective what a good or a bad game is. Always hated it in school, for instance, when I told folks like "Hey, I got this game XYZ and just love it." and they would go like hating and flaming. Instead of just saying "Okay, this is not my kind of game, but good it works out for you." they were just flaming that it would be such a bad game, as if it were a matter of fact.

CodingGenesis has received a thanks from: Bluecast
CodingGenesis
Rockman X
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: CodingGenesis
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Changes on a daily basis.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am

You're all so wrong you don't actually deserve the truth on account of your collective ignorance.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Thief, ThyDarkAngel
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Don't be. The games will come. I'll agree with you on games journalists though, for the most part, they are pricks. I just ignore them anyway and play what I want to play.

Henry Spencer has received 4 thanks from: CodingGenesis, mrslig100, mue 26, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to General Gaming