Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Tales Series

Postby Raithos » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Yeah I like how they don't punish you when they story removes someone from the party. They get current equipment and all XP they would have gotten as if they were just collecting bench xp the whole time. Slenderman lol I thought the same thing. They seem to randomly appear in certain areas, just like the weird rotating block things.

I'm at the end, trying to finish up some sub events first. Did you get the Devils Beasts sub event from one of the Sea Havens earlier in the game? There was one of the creatures in the cave area with the Slendermen outside of Xian Du.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 am

I probably got it, I have been doing this guide to the T, and im doing everything there is to do in the game, like all the side quests and sub events and aifried treasures and regular treasure, I pick up every sack and every blinking light I see, im 32 hours into the game and im like level 27-30. And I didnt go all the way into that cave, just far enough to do the side quest which was right in the first area, im about to do the tournament at the coliseum.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh ok. I'm sitting at 82 completed sub events it looks like, most likely missed a few. bout to finish the last few I have in the list. I quit following guides a long time ago, mostly to get some trophies for certain games. Nothing against it, it just ends up zapping all the fun out of games for me, especially RPGs that require exploration like this. I just visit each town after every major plot point, and search every area with a fine tooth comb lol.

As soon as you get 400 jet black feathers turn them into the guy in Sharilton. He will give you Milla's "classy" costume. It's a black and white school girls outfit :heart:
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Stocke » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Just hit level 80, found all the mystical jewels and about to beat the secret dungeons final boss tomorrow.

Brilliant game, had a blast with it. Very excited for Xillia 2 now, shame it's so far away.

*spoiler about final boss*
Played through the whole game on moderate, and fought the final boss at around level 60-65 or so. Fought them for a good hour, and could not take out Muzet. Her healing is insane, stopping me from killing her or Gauis. I reluctantly turned it down to normal, and it became incredibly easy. Hardest Tales Of final boss to date. Gonna give it another shot once i take the golden knight down.

Hope you guys enjoyed the game as much as me.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 pm

phpBB [video]

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Not that I wasn't going to buy it day one to begin with, but fighting on a train, to that music and I am completely sold!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Oh shit, english VA already? Didn't know they'd be that far along already.
Awesome.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. Also find it kind of strange they were showing off an english trailer for game already released in japan, at TGS. Odd, but good to know everything is moving right along.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:26 pm

^^For some reason the Japanese sometimes like having English VA in their own games. I think the Final Fantasy international editions had English voice acting over there, didn't they? It might be a selling point for them.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:31 pm

^I guess they like dual audio as we do sometimes, heh.

It seems like they're announcing English localizations AT TGS this year, which is similarly odd. Like Tecmo Koei announced the new PS3/Vita Deception game is getting released in EU and the US and Namco seem to be showing off both Tales of Xillia 2 and Tale of Symphonia HD Collection in English trailers. Weird. Guess they know that fans of these niche games are watching TGS news anyway?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:41 pm

OL wrote: ^^For some reason the Japanese sometimes like having English VA in their own games. I think the Final Fantasy international editions had English voice acting over there, didn't they? It might be a selling point for them.

Yeah those version do have the english voice acting and I believe an english text option too. And speaking of the FF Internationals/directors cuts, I said in another post that I instantly pre-ordered the FFX/X-2 HD remasters cause I found out they were bringing over the International versions, right? I got to thinking about that, if they ever decide to remaster FFXII, I'd wager we might just get the FFXII International Zodiac Job System version of that also. Which yet again *instant pre-order*

Yeah, let that marinate for a bit OL. \:D/

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: OL
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Hell yes, I'd be all over an FFXII HD/International. The only reason I haven't replayed FFXII yet is because it doesn't have a new game+ option. Give me a version that has that (which the International edition did), and we'll be in business. [-o<

Henry Spencer wrote:^I guess they like dual audio as we do sometimes, heh.

It seems like they're announcing English localizations AT TGS this year, which is similarly odd. Like Tecmo Koei announced the new PS3/Vita Deception game is getting released in EU and the US and Namco seem to be showing off both Tales of Xillia 2 and Tale of Symphonia HD Collection in English trailers. Weird. Guess they know that fans of these niche games are watching TGS news anyway?

TecmoKoei seems to be pretty good about that in general. They did the same thing with Ken's Rage 2 the other year. English trailer at TGS, because they were planning to localize before it was even released.
Yeah, I'm glad niche stuff is getting some love nowadays too.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Kitase has pretty much said that XII was next after X/X-2, so I wouldn't worry about it. God I can't wait for it. Already salivating at the idea of playing it on both the PS3 and Vita...

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:06 pm

http://gematsu.com/2013/09/tales-of-zes ... emarked-us
September 20, 2013 / 08:18 PM EDT / Sal Romano (@salromano)

[Tales of Xillia 2]

Following Japan and Europe, Namco Bandai has trademarked “Tales of Zestiria” in the United States.

A game called Tales of Zestiria has yet to be announced, though it’s believed to be the next mainline Tales entry following Tales of Xillia 2.

It’s possible we’ll hear about a new game at Namco Bandai’s “Yappari! Tales of Special Stage” at the Tokyo Game Show this Sunday. Stay tuned.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Vesperia, Zestiria... hmmm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming