GIVE TEEPO™ A FAIR CHANCE?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

GIVE TEEPO™ A FAIR CHANCE?

Postby TEEPOPE™ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 am

Dear Dojo...

I would like to take you back to the time when the forum first split and nearly everyone went to 'Ryo's Place'. Aside from Hellraiser, the only veteran members who remained with the Dojo was me, St. Elmo's Fire, Khien and a few others. Everyone who went to 'Ryo's Place' said the Dojo was finished, dead and that Ryo's Place would be the future. And for a time it looked like it might be true. There was very few posts per day in here, even less than you get now. Many of the RP members reviled and ridiculed us for staying, and even more so if we defended the Dojo. In fact some of them were trolling this forum to try to finish this place off once and for all. At its very lowest point, on the brink of death, we stayed loyal and kept this forum alive...

A year later everyone came back to the Dojo and Ryo's Place no longer exists.

Today one of those three has disappeared, the other rarely posts and now you want to exile the third one--me.

8 years I've been away from here. 5 posts, banned in less than 24 hours. I was banned because of an 8 year old reputation. Disinformation, half-truths and lies are what fuels it. A reputation that one person in particular continues to perpetuate. To that person I say this: you may have gotten territorial over this forum by now but the forum is meant to be shared by everyone. This isn't your personal livejournal page. No matter how much you 'scent' every topic, this forum will never be yours alone. You have to accept that people you don't like will be posting here.

And if that reputation was warranted, then at any time during those 8 years I could have came back whenever I wanted to and wreaked havoc. Why would I want to do that if I was one of the few who initially kept this place alive?

If one of those 5 posts offended someone so greatly, then all it would have taken was one word to let me know. One warning if you wanted. 30 seconds of your time to tell me. All I got was "fu ban". Even Whiteshadow always let me know first when he didn't like something I posted.

Don't judge me based on 5 posts. Don't judge me based on what others have said. All it would take is for you to talk to me to see the real me. And maybe then you might find you actually like who you're talking to once you get to know me.

If I done it once before I can do it again... Grant me a fair chance and I'll help keep this forum alive again.

Love,
TEEPO™
TEEPOPE™
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: GIVE TEEPO™ A FAIR CHANCE?

Postby Thief » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:26 am

Damn, I was hoping for TEE-POULTRY™ this time.

To enter back into the dojo you must show your worth! We shall select one of our own and you must battle him in a fight to the death. Only through victory will you be allowed to return!

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Rakim, TEEPOPE™
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:53 am

I personally don't think its fair to just ban someone for past offenses unless of course they were beyond terrible?

And the last few posts he has made have been attacked for no real reason. But its best to email the mods rather than keep making new accounts.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: TEEPOPE™
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:44 am

This is just getting pathetic and redundant now... ](*,)

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: TEEPOPE™, Yama
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:But its best to email the mods rather than keep making new accounts.

This.

If the mods give you "a chance" and you end up getting banned again, you're clearly just going to keep making new accounts to argue the toss. So it's not "a chance" you're after, it's as many chances as you see fit for yourself, regardless of whatever decision the mods collectively make.

I have no previous opinion of you, I wasn't a Dojo member during your apparent heyday. My perception is only based on your actions over the past few days, and already I'm rolling my eyes each time I see another attempt to demonstrate your respect for the rules by openly flouting your numerous bans with another topic about yourself...

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: TEEPOPE™
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 am

He has had what 3 or 4 accounts banned this week? and keeps making more? that pisses off the staff more than anything, hes fucked.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

How much irreversable damage is he capable of?

How many years have passed?

How much have you matured in that timeframe?

If everyone asks themselves those questions, then the fairest outcome should become abundantly clear. A second chance is deserved. Especially considering Ryudo was allowed to stay following all the shit he caused (which, may I remind you, was over an extended period of time) Now, I ain't attemptin to kick up a shit storm, but what he did has damaged the place a hell of a lot more as a community than TEEPO ever did, much more recently, and at the age of an actual adult as opposed to an adolescent teenager.

I just have one request to each and every one of you: use a little common sense, please.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: TEEPOPE™, Yokosuka Martian
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:04 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:But its best to email the mods rather than keep making new accounts.

This.

If the mods give you "a chance" and you end up getting banned again, you're clearly just going to keep making new accounts to argue the toss. So it's not "a chance" you're after, it's as many chances as you see fit for yourself, regardless of whatever decision the mods collectively make.

I have no previous opinion of you, I wasn't a Dojo member during your apparent heyday. My perception is only based on your actions over the past few days, and already I'm rolling my eyes each time I see another attempt to demonstrate your respect for the rules by openly flouting your numerous bans with another topic about yourself...

Been there, done that, doesn't work.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby TEEPOPE™ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:12 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

This.

If they would stop banning my accounts and locking my topics then I would only need the one topic.

People here have been talking shit about me for the past 8 years and I haven't taken the chance to tell my side of the story until now. The mods are banning me because of that reputation. The forum as whole has to know the truth. Telling one individual out of the entire group isn't going to get everyone to the truth. What good will that do if everyone else is still in the dark. One mod isn't going to change his mind about me if everyone else here still thinks I'm the devil.

Besides, I don't even know who's banning me so I can't PM anyone even if I wanted to.
TEEPOPE™
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Sailors? » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 am

No, fuck off.

Sailors? has received a thanks from: TEEPOPE™
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Yama » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

I don't think the staff banned you because of that, after all we gave a one strike new chance to every single member who was on the ban list. That was my call by the way and a way to show fairness and a fresh start for the site when I took over. A great amount of those people came back and it worked out quite well. I could look it up, but you were banned for a significant reason. Further violating the TOS by creating countless accounts doesn't help your case, a simple e-mail to the staff would have sufficed versus this public spectacle.

Yama has received a thanks from: Axm
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby mue 26 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote:

This.

Been there, done that, doesn't work.

Kind of agree, as I've heard from many members in the past that were banned for quite ridiculous reasons by Ryudo when he was out of balance, that the admins on the site would completely ignore their e mails, without so much as a reply. Not that I'm really arguing for anything either way at this point, just stating an observation.

I also think that making an argument for yourself as some kind of forum "saviour" helping to keep it alive, is a little silly, Teepo.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 pm

One person won't bring back the people who have left. There are more reasons than a lack of your presence for the low activity. I think this place needs some kind of overhaul. More updates on the front pages, some kind of new interesting topic, i dunno. People need an incentive to come here.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Yama » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote: One person won't bring back the people who have left. There are more reasons than a lack of your presence for the low activity. I think this place needs some kind of overhaul. More updates on the front pages, some kind of new interesting topic, i dunno. People need an incentive to come here.

We have about as much incentive and activity as a decade old dead series is going to have. If you'd like for me to post the site activity, it is up 800% from when I took over. We're far from in trouble, instead we are steadily growing. Forum activity is another thing and at times, topics run dry. There is nothing to do with the site outside of it's shell overhaul except overhaul the actual information inserts which are direct rips from the older site. The only other thing would be some easier categorization. To be honest however, that serves no purpose other than wasting time. It is not worth it nor will it do anything for the site at this moment. What a Shenmue site needs is a Shenmue announcement, then our servers would explode... twice. Most sites based on series as such have little to no activity, we're above the curve and then some. It's actually quite astonishing. This facade of a lack in activity is just a hot topic because there are no topics of interest to discuss. If you want more activity, don't push away new members like a bunch of elitist pricks (most of the people who used to do this have left, thankfully) and contribute actual conversation, not gifs and stupidity (I'm not talking about creative and hilarious images such as your sig either, I'm talking conversation breaking stupidity).
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Yokosuka Martian wrote: One person won't bring back the people who have left. There are more reasons than a lack of your presence for the low activity. I think this place needs some kind of overhaul. More updates on the front pages, some kind of new interesting topic, i dunno. People need an incentive to come here.

With what? Still no Shenmue III updates?

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Yama
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Next

Return to Off Topic