Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Peter, the same sorts of things ring true for me and I'm doing things to try and improve my life; joining some clubs (just being more social in general), changing jobs, training myself up in my chosen career path, changing my diet dramatically and just spending more time with my family. I've had similar depression bouts on and off for a couple of years and just decided that it was time to change. Those same principles can help you too, just think about what it is that you want to do and plan out a way to do what you want and where you want to be. Also join some social clubs, whether they be meetup groups in your local area or active groups like martial arts, sports or recreational activities like drama/acting or musician groups or even something as obscure as learning archery. Maybe trying something new and thinking outside the box will help you to do something you would never had imagined you would enjoy. It's time that you made some new friends. I also quit Facebook a couple of years ago and it was definitely for the best. I find that the more you sit around and think about these things such as "what have I been doing with my life?" the more depressed you will be about it, so try and get out and do these things asap.

There's more people that have been in your position than you may realise (such as myself) and as shown by people on here, we're here for you through these difficult times. You can chat with me anytime via PM.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, Peter
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks bud. Yea I joined Extras NI today, a company who handles all the extras on TV shows that are filmed here, including Game of Thrones and also Dracula Untold. I also bought the huge box set of all the Game of Thrones books so that will keep me occupied for quite a while. I also have started going to church again on a Thursday night.
I would like to do other activities, for example learn to play the drums, or even learn a new language, but the big issue with that is finances. Its not cheap anymore to do those things, because the demand for it isn't there anymore. There's no public part time courses for learning German for example here in Belfast. It costs money, and one of my problems, my debts sort of prevents that. I know maybe a second job may be on the cards, but I can't go back to those days of working 15 hour days and constant!y walking around like a zombie.

My mood comes and goes, I have also been feeling down since I took 4 days break off work. Most people live days off, I don't. Sit and do nothing on my own. It drives me stir crazy. My family are OK, but I have always been independent from them, and we don't have that lovey dovey family relationship.

Also to honest, deep, deep down I know having a girlfriend would be the last thing I need right now. Until I get so far out of debt, I couldn't afford to be in one, and even having kids or a family would be a financial nightmare, no matter how much I'd love one.

Its kind of just how life pans out. Some guys have brothers, some have a great set of childhood friends. I unfortunately have had neither. I have one best friend, and thats it. No one else. Now he lives with a girlfriend, which means you never see him, and when I do, he's changed. One of the many reasons I left Facebook. In fact, some people from here I would be closer to a lot of people I know offline. Was even talking to James last week on Facebook too. Now I don't know what's going to happen. Its just living day by day.

Peter has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Beedle "sir jamesalot" James, or a different James? By gum, don't talk to Beeds when your down, he'll push you over the edge!

Seriously though, I agree everything with what Henry has said. Just get out there and start living, keep meeting new people and doing new things. You're only young sexy and Irish once so make the most of it! And I'm not saying this because my shit is so together, trust me, I'm going through much of the same shit as you myself. But yeah defo get off the Book, my life got 80% better when I got off that shit.

phpBB [video]

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Peter
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Yea. I'd be burned alive for this, but I'm hoping to stay off alcohol. But living in Ireland and being Irish, that is practically an impossibility.

I think back to how I was when travelling. Just a true me. Happy, friendly, lots of friends. Now back to where I was. Its hard living here in the North of Ireland too. People are a specific way. In a setvway, defined by where you grow up and with the past always defining who people are.

I need to think about viable options, but also having the balls to make any serious decisions that may need to be made.

Peter has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 am

Sure, I know comedy sequels usually suck. They usually just repeat the same old gags from the first movie with little in the way of new content.
But man, I'd be totally lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this.

phpBB [video]

And not a single reused gag in the trailer.
I probably enjoyed the first Horrible Bosses more than I should have, but whatever, I absolutely loved it. The casting was damn near perfect all around, and it made the whole movie even better than it would have been otherwise. It's not often that I bother going to the theater for anything less than an action movie, but I may have to for this.

OL has received a thanks from: Kenny
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm

phpBB [video]

BATMAN!
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Peter, it sounds like you're on the right track for investing yourself in new activities to keep you busy.

First thing I'd say is keep yourself healthy. Stick with good eating, sleeping and exercise habits. It doesn't cost anything to go for a run or do some sit ups. Moderate your alcohol intake. Living well like this gives you confidence to take on just about any task.

Second thing, don't shut yourself out of a relationship opportunity just because you feel you're not in the right place for it. The right person will want to know the real you, and to support you and watch you grow. It's through the support of others that you will truly start elevating your game. You will want to be a better man for yourself and for her.

And don't worry about family. That's down the road and will happen naturally when you find the right person. It's not on a predetermined timetable.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Axm
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:43 am

Fuck me, I'm tired.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:30 am

Fucking'll just make you even more tired.
Silly.

OL has received a thanks from: Kenny
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:40 am

I must tired or something because I'm laughing at this way more than is sane.

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:33 am

:sad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:18 pm

phpBB [video]

Holy shit.

The reaction to that terrible joke made me lose my shit. I was laughing so hard. I really honestly hope that she meant to troll the audience with anti-humor.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Love how I have to log in twice just to make one post. Once before I make my post and once after I am done typing it... I hit submit and it tells me I need to log in, then deletes what I had originally typed up, luckily a hit of the back page button and hitting resend script a couple times makes my original post submit anyway, it gets really annoying though. Anyone know how long it takes for your account to time out and log itself out after logging in? For me it seems to be about 3-5 minutes, which is insane.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:08 am

I found something even funnier:

phpBB [video]

Oh my god. Ahahahahahahaha!!

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:05 pm

I have to watch that fucking advert every day. Made some serious news. Check out other ones made by the DOE (department of the environment) here in Northern Ireland . They have always been seriously harsh here with drink driving adverts.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic