Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby mue 26 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Yeah, that's just what the world needs more of; the US playing world police, and forcing independent countries to do what it determines to be the "right" thing. Clearly that's the correct way to handle conflicts between two parties with deep-seated cultural hate toward one-another. Nothing could go wrong by telling a country like Israel -- who in the past 70 years has successfully deflected invasive attacks from every country surrounding it, requires every citizen to join the army for a few years at the age of 18, and who has a well-known history of assassination -- to do what we say or face the consequences.

That's kind of the point, the US never does actually act as the world's police, it just pretends to while only ever doing anything that furthers it's own interests. But yes, I do think American could and should force Israel to stop their campaign of violence. Why? Because it's the only way the violence will end. Israel will not stop of it's own accord, surely we must all realize this by now, and if things keep going like this, we will see the genocide of an entire people and then it will be too late. Why do you seem to think that divestment is such a bad idea? It's the same thing that worked with the South African apartheid government, they could not carry on as they were without international investment and nor can Israel. Is it the only way they will ever stop. Instead we are currently just seeing the US supply Israel with more arms.

It's not true that the Palestinians or Hamas don't want to settle things or negotiate with Israel. In June, the unity government between Fatah and Hamas was finally formed, and this is something that scared Israel as they clearly don't want to settle things under international law. The Unity government was recognized by the UN (including the US) who were willing to deal with them, however Israel was the only one who still refused to co-operate. Why is the Unity gov good enough for the whole UN, but not Israel? And when this latest incursion into Gaza occurred so soon after this, it's not hard to see what Israel's true motivations are.

So yes, I think the US and the rest of world should pull their investment from Israel. Or else Israel will get their way and we will see a one state solution, as there will be no Palestinians left!

Also Russell brand da gawd murdering Sean Hannity:

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Sorry mate, didn't realize you deleted your post before I replied.

Anyway, Idris Muhammad died the other day :( If you like Jazz then you know what a loss that is. We seem to be losing so many of the greats recently.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Screw all that noise. I got real problems. Mr Softee is taking his good old time coming down my street and I'm too lazy to walk up to Dairy Queen. Was is a man with an ice cream-tooth to do. :sad:
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Rakim wrote: Screw all that noise. I got real problems. Mr Softee is taking his good old time coming down my street and I'm too lazy to walk up to Dairy Queen. Was is a man with an ice cream-tooth to do. :sad:

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:16 am

Conservatives unearth the darkest secret in the White House today. :shock:

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby beedle » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm

bring back qwerty
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Aimless Gamer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 pm

I just realized my disability will probably kill me before I get to play Shenmue 3...
and now a funny (NSFW)
phpBB [video]
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:32 am

A friend of mine told me he's sitting next to Gary Oldman at a bar. I told him to tell Oldman that he's a badass for that Playboy interview. He refused to say that.

Fucking pussy.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Axm, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 am

What the fuck?
Tell your friend I think he's a pussy too.

OL has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Kenny
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 am

Did you guys read Oldman's reply to the "outrage" that came after? Talk about a hilarious troll.

Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:

I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print—I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler’s superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.

I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God’s voice, and surely are the chosen people.

I would like to sign off with “Shalom Aleichem”—but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace–Gary Oldman.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/gary-ol ... t-context/

:lol:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby lavrentis » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 pm

beedle wrote: bring back qwerty

He fed off Ryudo
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

OL wrote: What the fuck?
Tell your friend I think he's a pussy too.

He just got free tickets to Comikaze, i'll tell him once I get them.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:12 am

I just found out someone I barely knew in high school lost her brother a couple of weeks ago, he was part of the Israeli army.

Just had that moment of "oh shit, I'm an adult now. People are losing people they know already."
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Is that some kind of shit joke?

EDIT: New low point, quite sure I got rejected tonight without even making the proposition of a shag or a date, and the guy running the closest (and best) takeaway in East Manchester has sold up. Depressing night indeed. This better not be indicative of Sunday...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Wat? No.

It's an observation. You get older, more people you know start dying off.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic