Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:26 pm

good luck peter, chin up mate! Just put that shit to the side and try to focus on what to do next, some doors will open up eventually.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Maybe some sort of therapy might be worth a go Peter. Loads of us, even on this forum here no doubt, have gone through, or are still going through similar things, so you're not alone. I also think trying to change even small things, like diet for example, can drastically alter your mood/outlook. I hope things improve for you soon!

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Axm
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Peter my door is open if you ever wanna come to Japan and experience something new. I know financially it may be difficult but if you can ever manage it then id show you around properly. Trains, buses and bikes are very efficient and I also just bought a car so it opens things up even more. Give it some serious thought. It's a beautiful country. I find alot of peace here and also alot of fun. Whatever it is you're looking for in life, motivation or whatever it may be, you might just find it here and you can go back home with a new outlook in life. Take a chance and see.
If anything its just something different. Alot of people out there just arent the type to be settled in one place so dont feel alone about that. I've moved 12 times in my life. I couldnt imagine living in the same town for more then 5 years. When others find solace in that, I find stagnation. You might be no different.

Edit:
Too good.
phpBB [video]
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Today was definitely one of the hardest days of my life. Looking forward to tomorrow so it'll all be over.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Rakim » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear that Henry. Hope everything smooths out for ya.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Time really does pass so fast. I can't believe how much has happened in life since I first came to this dojo. Already going on 5 and a half years. I had just turned 24 when I came here. I was also at a big crossroads with a lot of drama going on with girls. I was newly enrolled in Berklee Music School and dreaming of making my jazz demo cd to get into the Manhattan Music School. I was just finishing my semi-pro football playing career. This is just 3 months before Michael Jackson's death and I considered playing football again. I was working midnights and thinking about leaving the country for good. So much was ahead of me. wow
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 am

I haven't forgotten you much less abandoned the place.
I am still a nomad, still trying to find out who I am and still trying to reclaim my life.
That is all there is to it.
I am always peeking behind the looking glass, as much as my limited net access allows me.
Cheers, everyone.

ThyDarkAngel has received 3 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ, Sonikku
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote: I haven't forgotten you much less abandoned the place.
I am still a nomad, still trying to find out who I am and still trying to reclaim my life.
That is all there is to it.
I am always peeking behind the looking glass, as much as my limited net access allows me.
Cheers, everyone.

Nice to hear from you.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Today was definitely one of the hardest days of my life. Looking forward to tomorrow so it'll all be over.

I hope it all works out ok for you. Hang in there bud.

*sonikku huggles*
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 am

So.. I got the PS4 Camera. Played around with the games for it, but got it mostly to record myself playing games. Especially scary ones like the P.T demo, Silent Hill in the future, Outlast and super hard mode runs of games like The Last of Us.
But also for the second time today through PS4's UStream I did a Q&A about living in Japan. First time around I was thinking it would be a couple people while I played a game, but then it turned into an average of 300 viewers with 8,000 total views..Yama even tuned in. Overall they asked a fair amount of standard questions and no real major racists trolly type stuff. Pretty cool experience as I never did that kind of thing. Lasted a solid 2 hours and I had a good experience.

Second time around today after a few days later, I decided to do it again. First couple hours went great lots of good questions and plenty of nice people. Third hour turned though and it seems like all the trolls were let loose at once. Saying stuff like im Anti-American etc. Most just trying to rile me up after explaining how gun violence is obviously much worse in America then Japan when I was asked about it. Then other kinds of stupid stuff, you name it. Mostly because I found alot to like about Japan even though I expressed numerous times how I missed home and certain things about home you just cant get in Japan. Again hundreds of viewers and stuff mostly a good time up until the trolls gates were let loose. Kinda turned it into a bummer and it wasnt fun after that.

I was fairly calm though and dealt with it well enough I think. Honestly dont think ill do it again though or atleast for awhile. Seems like the internet is just too crazy sometimes. Theirs alot of hate out there.
What do you all think about putting yourself out there and all? Should I be doing this kind of thing? Mostly I'm doing it to just vent out my thoughts in an easy manner right from my PS4 at the push of a button. To me YouTube is alittle too high profile sometimes and I dont really want a record of me rambling or having people start comment wars in my video, so thats why I choose UStream. I dont know, what are your thoughts on this?
Maybe I've just answered my own question though. It just seems so fun when it's good and such a drag when it's bad. Dont know how anyone can deflect bad people out of a stream. If their was a kick or block button feature in Ustream it would be easier I guess.

Axm has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:17 am

That sounds real cool man. Especially if you and the people acting right are enjoying it. Trolls will be there, I'm actually surprised you didn't encounter them the first time. Seems odd there isn't a block button or a way to filter whos in it. Might be something they add later idk.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Just ban them then ban yourself. Worked for you in the past haha! Nah, but c'mon, surely you've learned by now that people go on the internet to take the piss n wind people up. I speak from personal experience when I say it's just for a buzz n actually gets the creative juices flowing and flexes the intelligence.

You gotta think, there's a lot of smart people out there with no outlet for shit like that, and if they grew up the same kinda way I did, there aren't many people who appreciate that coz they're essentially to stupid to digest it. Funnily enough, as fondly as I look back on some of my moments, I do kinda cringe at a few things, but it's still funny.

I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to personal entertainment when you're too bored to find it anywhere else. I remember spending all day on a forum once when I was younger just debating the shit out of everyone, shooting down everyone's opinion, and essentially ripping them to shreds. I didn't feel too strongly about most of the subjects, I just did it because I could. And I have a ridiculously huge ego (well, I did, I feel a lot less arrogant n more humble nowadays)

However, if it's just a case of straight-faced "if you don't like America, you can giiit out" (ironic as that is), then you've succumb to the worse thing that happened to the internet... everyone getting access. It used to be a very fun and knowledgable place until normal middle-aged people got involved. E-drama was fine when we were kids, but this new wave of internet users take it to a whole other level.

Either way, my advice to you is to just rip em all to shreds. Although you might wanna be less nice n actually practice bein a nob ed. Seriously, you do seem way too nice most of the time. You're not a Mormon are you?

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Aimless Gamer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Axm wrote: So.. I got the PS4 Camera. Played around with the games for it, but got it mostly to record myself playing games. Especially scary ones like the P.T demo, Silent Hill in the future, Outlast and super hard mode runs of games like The Last of Us.
But also for the second time today through PS4's UStream I did a Q&A about living in Japan. First time around I was thinking it would be a couple people while I played a game, but then it turned into an average of 300 viewers with 8,000 total views..Yama even tuned in. Overall they asked a fair amount of standard questions and no real major racists trolly type stuff. Pretty cool experience as I never did that kind of thing. Lasted a solid 2 hours and I had a good experience.

Second time around today after a few days later, I decided to do it again. First couple hours went great lots of good questions and plenty of nice people. Third hour turned though and it seems like all the trolls were let loose at once. Saying stuff like im Anti-American etc. Most just trying to rile me up after explaining how gun violence is obviously much worse in America then Japan when I was asked about it. Then other kinds of stupid stuff, you name it. Mostly because I found alot to like about Japan even though I expressed numerous times how I missed home and certain things about home you just cant get in Japan. Again hundreds of viewers and stuff mostly a good time up until the trolls gates were let loose. Kinda turned it into a bummer and it wasnt fun after that.

I was fairly calm though and dealt with it well enough I think. Honestly dont think ill do it again though or atleast for awhile. Seems like the internet is just too crazy sometimes. Theirs alot of hate out there.
What do you all think about putting yourself out there and all? Should I be doing this kind of thing? Mostly I'm doing it to just vent out my thoughts in an easy manner right from my PS4 at the push of a button. To me YouTube is alittle too high profile sometimes and I dont really want a record of me rambling or having people start comment wars in my video, so thats why I choose UStream. I dont know, what are your thoughts on this?
Maybe I've just answered my own question though. It just seems so fun when it's good and such a drag when it's bad. Dont know how anyone can deflect bad people out of a stream. If their was a kick or block button feature in Ustream it would be easier I guess.

I wish I had a PS4 I would have loved to join.

Aimless Gamer has received a thanks from: Axm
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby Aimless Gamer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Shenmue fans are Yoshi and Sega is Mario.
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Heading to Hakone Springs tomorrow for vacation. :P
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx