Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Thief » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:25 pm

^ it really is a great bond theme. My personal favorite is "Nobody does it Better" from The Spy Who Loved Me.

phpBB [video]

Runner up being...

phpBB [video]

Thief has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:37 pm

^ Great choices! Though most of these movies feel pretty dated for me to re-watch, the themes are always timeless.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Thief » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Yeah, some of them I don't particularly enjoy, but there are still quite a few that are true classics. I tend to like the Roger Moore ones a bit more than the rest, to be honest.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:39 am

53 years young, and Doctor Who is still making shit bricks every Saturday nights. What an absolute show
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:33 am

On Her Majesty's Secret Service theme is the one for me. Just has that sense of foreboding and nails the "Bond sound". They really should just do an instrumental again...

phpBB [video]

Had to use that one 'cos every other one for this tune was blocked on copyright grounds...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Cyberman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:04 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Hard to believe I once dated this girl.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:42 pm

she must have had one hell of a good personality and a absolute banshee in bed.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:07 am

Writing scripts for comic books is quite fun.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:44 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34387471

There aren't enough :roll: s or belm noises in the world to describe how I feel about this. Sue the car maker, 'cos it's the next best thing since the dead DRIVER, DROVE IT BADLY enough to hit a streetlight at about 90mph. Why can nobody just accept responsibility, or accept that someone close to them is responsible, these days?? :roll: :roll:

Bet she is being given opportunistic advice by either gold digging friends or maybe lawyers who have seen VW/Audi get in trouble in the USA recently so feel it's worth a punt trying to take aim at Porsche, who are related to VW/Audi. All of them are utter bellends either way!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:47 pm

phpBB [video]
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:39 pm

So with all this down time while I am recovering from c-diff infection and my nasty Ulcerative Colitis flare up I have basically been putting all my time into movies and anime, and im about to start getting through some games I think now. I really feel more connected with my inner nerd here lately, kind like I was 10-13 years ago when I was basically at my peak of nerdom. I go back and watch old movies or shows or anime or game and now that im older i have an deeper understanding of everything than I did when I originally saw them, or I can appreciate the new stuff I have watched a little more and pay more attention to detail, its great observing these works in this manner and I highly enjoy pointing out certain aspects and critiquing those aspects and forming my opinion, guess I have I always kind of been like that, but its kind of like now more than ever.

Im having a pretty good time doing this and its really a therapy while I recover from the hardest part of my life by far over the past 3 months or so. I have battled fatigued, passing out, accepting all I can do is just lay here too weak to do anything but try to just listen to my doctors, it felt as if my life force is slowly draining out of me and losing 30 pounds, already being very under weight for my height and my slender build, closest thing I have ever felt to like I was dying, not having many friends to support me outside my family. Its been a tough tough time and I think its interesting my usual fall back material is there for me again like it always has been, my games and anime and movies and shows always seem to come through to make me feel better, and im not sure if thats really a good or "healthy" thing or not but it gets the job done.

I feel like AnimeGamer again for the first time in a long time, but im afraid it wont last for ever. I have alot to do once im better and this whole situation has ruffled my feathers enough to see I need to make some major changes in my life if I am going to live with this disease, I had no idea this thing could be so devistating and last this long, but I did have a hunch that with my bodys slender build and super fast metabolism that in combination with this disease it could make things more difficult and I was definitely right. I just no idea the severity of the pain, and taking 20-25 diareha shits in one day, almost passing out from pain, feeling I may actually die if I dont do anything about this, it puts alot of thoughts into your head many you have to over come. I am just glad to be recovering if its at a slow pace and I am greatful to at least have some kind of enjoyment to fall back on in the mean time. As bad as it has been I feel blessed all the same, this has put certain things into perspective and im glad to be alive.

AnimeGamer183 has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, Sonikku, south carmain, Thief
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend, man. All the best.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby shredingskin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:29 am

AnimeGamer do you like to write stories ? Looks like you have really good stuff to say.

Best for you.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby south carmain » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:35 am

I just heard that anita sarkeesian and zoe quinn spoke in front of the UN. It's like the UN will discuss anything as long as it's not important.

Still though it's hilarious that they unironically complained about virtual women being killed and people being mean them on the internet in front of states like saudi arabia, sudan, india, indonesia, egypt etc.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire, Thief
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:43 am

Yeah, you'd think they have more important stuff to do like sort out this mess that Russia is now involved in (though even though I'm not a Russia or Putin fan, I think he did talk a lot of sense the other day when he gave his thoughts on that situation. I also think their presence will probably aid stability in that region a lot more than the UK and the US, we always try to be too damned clever and it backfires, every time, which is the opposite of clever when it's already happened so many times with events that even us public know about)...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: south carmain
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic