Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Axm » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 pm

dbl post lol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Crimson Ryan has received 4 thanks from: Cave Johnson, OL, Thief, wude
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm going to be unavailable for the next couple of days..

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, wude
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Well, just gotten back from Manchester Play Expo near the Trafford Centre (another fine year of retro games and Dark Souls II, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds & Assassin's Creed on PS4 were all playable too!) Whilst I was there, I bought some fine gems (immediately bought any From Software & Cavia games that I could see). I spoiled maybe a little too much, spoilers everywhere:

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: mue 26, OL, Stocke
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby mue 26 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:31 pm

You got some gems there. I had SNK vs Capcom 2 on both PS2 and Cube, bloody love that game, still think it's one the finest fighters ever made. I also had both GITS and Otogi 2 upon their releases, but never really managed to get into either of them (Otogi 2 in particular was surprising to me as I loved the first so much) and got rid of them both fairly quickly, but later regretted it as I now wish I had given both games a little more of a chance, Otogi 2 in particular, as I'm sure it's really a stellar game.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Stocke » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Well, just gotten back from Manchester Play Expo near the Trafford Centre (another fine year of retro games and Dark Souls II, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds & Assassin's Creed on PS4 were all playable too!) Whilst I was there, I bought some fine gems (immediately bought any From Software & Cavia games that I could see). I spoiled maybe a little too much, spoilers everywhere:

I just got back from there too! Was a really great expo, I'll probably be going back next year. Wish i had more money on hand, there was so many great things on sale.

Saw a Japanese copy of Shenmue being sold while i was there. I've got a strong feeling it was one of you guys that brought it. :D

Brought the American copy that was next to it for £15 on the Sunday too. Good way to finish my weekend there.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:17 pm

^Yeah, I saw those. Those three cabinets always have some gems inside them for sale. I've already gotten the Japanese version of Shenmue I, so, it wasn't me. :P
I hope that one year inside one of those cabinets they contain Panzer Dragoon Saga and Snatcher so I can pick those up (even at a high price).

Did you manage to get on anything at the Nintendo, Ubisoft or Namco stands? The queues were ridiculous and they weren't moving people along very quickly...

My only complaint about the convention was the noisy guy shouting down the microphone about the fighting game tournaments, but aside from that, like you say, it was a really good time. They're back in Blackpool next year, just so you know. I'm guessing that will be as well as the Manchester event. I think the Blackpool event is catering more towards the indie & retro crowds, whereas the Manchester one tries to cater to all.

On another note:

This arrived today with the artbook in tow (Vita version):

Gonna start it tonight.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:07 pm

^ I did manage to jump on the oculus rift. Was worth the wait, though it was a bit blurry. If i had spent the time to adjust it properly it probably would of been fine. Definitely gonna get it some day
Also gave a link to two worlds a try. Bit sad the lines for it were so short really. That seemed okay, pretty much what i expected it would be like.
Everything else had too long lines, so i spent the rest of my time on the retro console, arcade and pinball machines with friends.

And yeah that announcer was pretty annoying. From what i saw though the people playing were extremely good.

If you do happen to go next year, drop me a message. It would be cool to meet someone from the dojo, even if briefly. :)
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Will do.

Yeah, never got to go on the Oculus Rift, the queues went on and on, sounds good though.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Been meaning to get this. Found it for a tenner at a used book store.
From Software's first game, if I'm not mistaken.

OL has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:45 pm

For a rare demo that happens to be on it. Might come in handy for a video I'm thinking about making.

OL has received a thanks from: Kenny
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:25 am

On the left we have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix hard cover guide, and on the right we have the Kingdom Hearts 3D guide, which was $10 shipped, so I figured why not get it with that one cause I plan on getting that game later anyway, and I have a pretty nice collection of KH guides now, I have the original guide, and the KH2 special edition guide, now this bad ass hard cover guide to go along with them and 3D. Maybe i'll take a pic of my entire KH collection once I get a few more things in, and possibly after KH 2.5 comes out hopefully they will make another bad ass guide like this one, for that release as well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:54 am

Calshot has received a thanks from: Raithos
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby OL » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:03 pm

This game was a favorite just over a decade ago. I remember buying it as a kid because the box looked awesome (hadn't heard of it otherwise), and lo and behold, the game blew my mind with its seamless blend of on-foot hack-n-slash and aerial dragon combat. This game was really something else.
When I thought of it again recently, I just had to find a copy of the original big box version.
Kind of surprised this isn't on gog.com or something now, but it's no matter; it works perfectly on Windows 7 with a simple patch and a tiny little trick when getting into the game.
Had me ecstatic as hell when I played a bit of it yesterday.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming