Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 pm

While I have to wait to find the last Shenmue Items I need, I am grabbing some old and good titles (US RPG).

DEVILLE_David has received 2 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, Raithos
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:19 pm

I have most of those, great choices, dare i asked how much you paid for them?

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Nice haul! I have all those lol. I was never able to get into Rhapsody though. I tried but just couldn't stick with it. My Suikoden II is disc only though :(
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have most of those, great choices, dare i asked how much you paid for them?

Sure !

Suikoden II : 80 euros
Grandia : 20 euros
Lunar Eternal Blue : 29 euros (because I've traded some games for it)
Legend of Mana : 7 euros (while I was in Japan, no joke...)
FFVIII : 7 euros (same thing, in Japan)
Chrono Cross : 25 euros
FF Anthology : 12 euros (in Japan)
Rhapsody : 50 euros
FF Tactics : 30 euros
FFVII : 40 euros
FF Chronicles : 35 euros

I've managed to save a lot with the cheap ones from Japan. Couldn't believe they were selling a Legend of Mana for 950 yen...

Still a long way to go to grab what I need :

Valkyrie Profile
Lunar Silver Star Story
Suikoden
Persona
Persona II
Xenogears
Dragon Quest VII
Breath of Fire III
Hoshigami
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier II
Vagrant Story
Alundra
Alundra II
Legend of Dragoon
Star Ocean

I have FFIX and Breath of Fire IV coming. Most of these titles are cheap beside Valkyrie Profile and both Tales of. I'll try to get everything within a year or two.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Wish I had never gotten rid of Tales of Destiny I and II for PSX, they are worth so much now and they were in such good condition... ill probably get them again later, hopefully.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Yeah, few years ago you could still find them for a fair price, now It's above 100 euros each title... But I'll try to pick up the expensive ones first because I don't feel like their price is going to drop anytime soon :roll:
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:26 pm

DEVILLE_David wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: I have most of those, great choices, dare i asked how much you paid for them?

Sure !

Suikoden II : 80 euros
Grandia : 20 euros
Lunar Eternal Blue : 29 euros (because I've traded some games for it)
Legend of Mana : 7 euros (while I was in Japan, no joke...)
FFVIII : 7 euros (same thing, in Japan)
Chrono Cross : 25 euros
FF Anthology : 12 euros (in Japan)
Rhapsody : 50 euros
FF Tactics : 30 euros
FFVII : 40 euros
FF Chronicles : 35 euros

I've managed to save a lot with the cheap ones from Japan. Couldn't believe they were selling a Legend of Mana for 950 yen...

Still a long way to go to grab what I need :

Valkyrie Profile
Lunar Silver Star Story
Suikoden
Persona
Persona II
Xenogears
Dragon Quest VII
Breath of Fire III
Hoshigami
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier II
Vagrant Story
Alundra
Alundra II
Legend of Dragoon
Star Ocean

I have FFIX and Breath of Fire IV coming. Most of these titles are cheap beside Valkyrie Profile and both Tales of. I'll try to get everything within a year or two.

I probably should have sold my copy of FF Tactics when I had the chance. For a while it was going for over $100, but back then I always held onto my games. Then the greatest hits version came out years later and it completely obliterated its value. Inversely, I never picked up SOTN. Unfortunately for me, that title never lost it's value. As expensive as a brand new game in most cases. :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:13 pm

PS2 awesomeness. Got Suikoden 3 off PSN since it was on sale. We never got 3 over here, for some reason, but hey, it's on UK PSN now at a good price.

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: AnimeGamer183, DEVILLE_David, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Oh man Henry, you are in for some very good experiences indeed with that line up of games. I would say start with Suikoden 3, it was the first PS2 Suikoden and it still has some of that PS1 Suikoden charm to it because its an early PS2 game, I think that was the first JRPG I broke 85 hours playing (mind you, i got the 108 Stars of Destiny and did a lot of the side content, got the perfect ending) and loved every minute of it. its right behind Suikoden II as my second favorite Suikoden game. V is a great game too, but i never completed it. As for Star Ocean 3, I would play it next after Suikoden 3, that game is just hack em up fun with the ability to switch control of characters on the fly in battle, deep customization system and item crafting with a pretty clever story line. A great series of games to go through you got there.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:28 am

I didn't play Minecraft, but I'm a total sucker for Telltale games. And The Swapper was only €3,75 on the PS Store, had to get it.
One thing I found really weird is that they're offering the single Minecraft: Story Mode episode for €5,99 and the season pass for €29,99. In the season pass description it says "save money by getting the season pass", but €5,99 times 5 makes €29,94, so you'd actually lose 5 cents by buying the pass. Doesn't make the least bit of sense unless they plan to sell all upcoming episodes for €6,99 or something. Wtf.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Already had it for PS3 (and made it to about 95% completion), but always wanted to see it on PS4. It's undoubtedly a helluva lot prettier. Problem with this graphics engine on previous consoles was always that the shadows would look all pixelated and ugly, but here they're smooth and beautiful. Of course there are other changes, but the bottom line is, it's a pretty game made even prettier. Me likes. Now I really am wishing that they'd port Rogue to the PS4.

Next game I'll get will likely be Syndicate.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:35 pm

OL wrote: Image

Already had it for PS3 (and made it to about 95% completion), but always wanted to see it on PS4. It's undoubtedly a helluva lot prettier. Problem with this graphics engine on previous consoles was always that the shadows would look all pixelated and ugly, but here they're smooth and beautiful. Of course there are other changes, but the bottom line is, it's a pretty game made even prettier. Me likes. Now I really am wishing that they'd port Rogue to the PS4.

Next game I'll get will likely be Syndicate.

How is this game? I've played them all up to 3 and just got tired of them. Is this that much better?
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:47 am

The sailing adds a ton of appeal to it. It has the same basic parkour and melee combat as AC3, but it's made fresh by putting it in smaller areas dotting a huge Caribbean map. And sailing from place to place, hunting down worthwhile ships to attack, finding buried treasure, exploring sunken wrecks, etc etc etc... to me, it makes it just about the best pirate game ever made, not to mention that Edward is probably one of the best protagonists in AC history, and the story is really great. I never entirely got that tired of the AC series (it's just my thing; I buy into it every year, and I've played every game barring Unity at least twice), but ACIV really did mark a huge departure and refreshing change for it. It's better than AC3 by a very, very wide margin. And if you happen to like it, Rogue is set up very much like it, but with some cool twists since you become a Templar instead of an Assassin (and even though it's a good deal shorter, the story of Rogue is one of the better arcs in the whole series).

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby fittersau » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:12 am

OL wrote: The sailing adds a ton of appeal to it. It has the same basic parkour and melee combat as AC3, but it's made fresh by putting it in smaller areas dotting a huge Caribbean map. And sailing from place to place, hunting down worthwhile ships to attack, finding buried treasure, exploring sunken wrecks, etc etc etc... to me, it makes it just about the best pirate game ever made, not to mention that Edward is probably one of the best protagonists in AC history, and the story is really great. I never entirely got that tired of the AC series (it's just my thing; I buy into it every year, and I've played every game barring Unity at least twice), but ACIV really did mark a huge departure and refreshing change for it. It's better than AC3 by a very, very wide margin. And if you happen to like it, Rogue is set up very much like it, but with some cool twists since you become a Templar instead of an Assassin (and even though it's a good deal shorter, the story of Rogue is one of the better arcs in the whole series).

Yeah I picked up AC: Unity because friends wanted to do coop, but I think AC:BF is probably better due to the pirate ship aspect.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Raithos » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 am

I know I'm in the minority, but I had enough of AC by the time III came out and never even picked it up. I picked up Black Flag last year when I got my PS4 though and loved every second of it. It just felt really fresh, and Edward was awesome. Wasn't interested in Unity. But I tell you what, I saw an add for Syndicate during Walking Dead last night and I might pick it up after I finish Zestiria. For sure if its on sale during Black Friday. It was the first thing I've seen on it, I skip past pretty much every AC article nowadays. Right add at the right time I guess, because it definitely looks interesting.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming