Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:30 am

@Raithos might be a black friday purchase for later this year or something, when its even cheaper than that. I already have GR and Y4 to barrel though, I am skipping Zestiria for now (what were your final thoughts on Zestiria btw, did you ever beat it? Also XBCX, which I have personally lost most interest in playing sadly) and maybe Cold Steel after those 2 if I can. All I know is that I need to take a little break from JRPGs (although I guess technically some people believe Yakuza to be a JRPG, but you get what I mean)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 am

Man there were just way too many games that came out back to back. I was playing the hell out of Zesteria and liked it a lot, the transformations in battle was super cool,then Fallout 4 took over my life lol never finished Zesteria. I put 100+ hrs into Fallout then started XBCX. I absolutely loved the game. Beat it and did some missions online with people and in a lot of ways it supassed XBC imho. When you do play it, you'll see its not as easy to compare them as you might think. And make sure to do the infinity missions. I got Cold Steel to play though as well, but won't touch it anytime soon. I should be getting Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS FORCE in the mail by the time I'm done with Cyber Sleuth so no more Rpgs for awhile lol. I really need to go back and finish Zesteria though.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:23 pm

^ Play Trails in the Sky Second Chapter when you are REALLY in the mood for some good ole JRPG fun. Trails in the Sky SC is a great game though, I am glad I prioritized it because I dont think I would have enjoyed any of these other games that came out as much as I enjoyed this one. But yeah its basically a 70 hours minimum of a game, I spent 100 hours playing it, give it a whirl when the time is right.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:33 am

Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 pm

I just got super lucky. Found this at Best Buy when I went to get a copy of Conquest. Preorders sold out shortly after they went live. It has Conquest, Birthright and Revelation all on one cart. This is the only way to get a physical copy of Revelation. Otherwise its download only. With GCU it was only $64 plus tax! A guy was sitting this down on the shelf literally the moment I turned onto the isle. Someone must have canceled or not picked up their order.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Wow, you did get lucky, my friends on some other forums are all losing their minds trying to hunt down a copy of this, I have never played a Fire Emblem so im not really in the know about the series, but I think Nintendo is considering releasing more copies of this particular version, but knowing them i doubt it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS FORCE on Vita! In English no less! I thought it would never happen. Here's a link to buy if anyone else is interested. http://www.play-asia.com/mobile-suit-gu ... /13/7097jl

Raithos has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:33 pm

To my utter astonishment, I found about a dozen PC Engine games when I checked Half Price Books today. There were a couple I already had, and a few that didn't look interesting or playable with my limited Japanese, so I "only" walked out with 9. After sales tax the whole lot cost me just under $60.

What I don't get is why the weirdo who previously owned these threw out the jewel cases, but kept the plastic sleeves and manuals.

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Monkei » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:46 am

€10 :D
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Just.. YES!

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Raithos
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Sonikku » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Raithos wrote: Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS FORCE on Vita! In English no less! I thought it would never happen. Here's a link to buy if anyone else is interested. http://www.play-asia.com/mobile-suit-gu ... /13/7097jl

Always amazes me how they're able to make that cheesy 70's robot look so fucking badass with modern art stylizing.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Hell yeah! I mean they really have to try hard to mess up giant robots. Some manage to do it, but others just make it look so easy. Sunrise is the best.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:50 pm

I could of sworn Thief posted a picture of a Pokemon 3DS lol "waiting for pink face plates" it said.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:29 pm

I saw it as well, and a Charizard pokemon 3DS.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:12 pm

I returned it because I couldn't justify the purchase right now, so I deleted the photo. Sorry :(
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming