Breaking Bad

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Breaking Bad

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Okay, so everything else seems to have its own topic, why not Breaking Bad, too? A show where meth can lead people to kill, hate, lie, cheat, steal, drain people, backstab, argue a lot (really, the characters never stop arguing), cry (there's plenty of crying), go crazy, say "BITCH!", lie some more, hell, lie a whole lot. Meth makes people do some crazy shit, Mr. White. Love this show.

Season 5 Part 1 ended on quite the cliffhanger, what do people think is going to happen next? Spoiler tag everything, bitches!

Hank will accidentally reveal to Marie that Walter is Heisenberg, which will then force Hank to stop himself jumping the gun and try to arrest Walt. Or would Walt get so desperate to get away that he'd threaten Marie's life? Is he that far gone?

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Kenny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm waiting for the season premiere. Very curious to see how it all ends.

Walt has become such a bastard and drunk on power that at this point anything goes. It hard for me to see the ending for that reason and it's pretty cool.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm wondering if Jesse will see the light at the end of the tunnel, or he will also suffer the consequences of Walt's actions. Poor guy has been through a lot. I'm cheering for Jesse, hope he makes it out of his messy lifestyle. Walt on the other hand, is a dick and deserves punishment. Capital punishment.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Everyone keeps thinking that Hank is going to go gung-ho on Walt. Don't think it will play out that way. First, Walt is still family to Hank. He's not just going to be able to wipe his ass and then slap the handcuffs on him. We've seen what happens when his family breaks the law (Marie's kleptomania), he covers it up. You also have to remember that his medical bills are being payed by Walt's meth money. That alone makes Hank an accomplice.

I think Hank is going to start following Walt off duty and confront him directly, but I'm not sure there will be a showdown.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Best show ever made.

My speculation for the next 8 episodes:

Hank won't go straight after Walt and just play it cool. He'll probably follow him round and bug him like he did with Gus but since Walt isn't as sly he has no idea. Walt's pretty much out now so Hank has nothing for ages until something comes back to bite him like Jessie needs something or that guy who now cooks it that shot the kid turns up for some reason. Hank sees this and Walt somehow becomes aware that his being watched. Then we have Walt on the run like at the start of Season 5.

To be honest though it could go so many ways.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Show is entertaining but not the best show on now and far from the best ever. Still enjoyable and walt is a great character who is a disgusting human being I want to see get caught not by hank. I want him to get it. I will watch when it premiers.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Best show ever made.

My speculation for the next 8 episodes:

Hank won't go straight after Walt and just play it cool. He'll probably follow him round and bug him like he did with Gus but since Walt isn't as sly he has no idea. Walt's pretty much out now so Hank has nothing for ages until something comes back to bite him like Jessie needs something or that guy who now cooks it that shot the kid turns up for some reason. Hank sees this and Walt somehow becomes aware that his being watched. Then we have Walt on the run like at the start of Season 5.

To be honest though it could go so many ways.

I'm not buying that Walter is just completely done now. If he is, I think the dealers that are employing him will get to him before Hank does.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:33 pm

Ryudo wrote: Show is entertaining but not the best show on now and far from the best ever.

Come on...It's at least close to the best.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sailors? » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Absolutely amazing show, definitely up there with my favourites.

Anybody know when the rest of season 5 airs? Shame there's only 8 episodes left really.

As for the ending of season 5 part 1, you've gotta remember how pissed of Hank actually is. His career has been focused on the Heisenberg case for so long, it'll take everything he's got from simply shooting Walt in the face in blind rage. It's what got him shot really, it's everything bad that has gone on in Hanks life in the last few years.

But yeah it'd be unwise for him to do anything rash but rage can make you do mad things. It's not something that can be predicted really, I just hope that the last 8 episodes are some of the best writing in television history, the show deserves that.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:39 pm

My actual theory:

Walt talks to Saul's guy who can make him disappear, and Walt gets set up with a whole new family somewhere in generic suburban America. Walt gets a new wife with 4 children, 2 who are adopted and the youngest two who are biological. The second youngest goes on to test at genius levels, a gift obviously passed down from his father's genes. This son goes on to take over the family business when he gets old enough.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:27 am

Another show Ive never seen. Who shows it in the UK?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 am

First series was on FX and then the second series got bought by Channel 5 who stuck it on their USA channel at about midnight. It never picked up and audience and has since only been seen over here on Netflix and DVD.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sailors? » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:16 am

And streaming sites, watch a series on those and then just buy them on DVD if you really enjoy em.

Sailors? has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am

I'm tired of waiting.

That is all.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tuffty » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:12 am

Without a doubt one of the best shows ever made.

Like everyone else I just wonder what leads to the point in the S5 episode 1, with fully bearded Walt whipping out a machine gun out of the trunk of a car. With his coughing it would hint that his cancer retuned and whatever he's about to do is a last gasp blaze of glory type thing. But is it an act of good or is he that far gone that he's gonna do something truly criminal? Who can say at this point? The show's always been unpredictable and I love it for that.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Next

Return to Off Topic