Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby mue 26 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:09 pm

I swear I've got the magic touch with consoles, I've had a whole bunch consoles over the years, and never, not even once, have I had a hardware malfuntion. I had a 60 gig fat PS3 from day one until 2011 when I sold it, never an issue, I've had two 360's over the years (due to me selling the first one, which was bought near launch) and never had an issue. I also had pretty much every other mainstream console you can think of since the PS/n64 era and no issues. I've had my Dreamcast since launch, and that baby still purrs like kitten and works fine.

I really hope I haven't jinxed myself now.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Yeah. You have.

Welcome to our red ringed HELL! :devillaugh:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 pm

mue 26 wrote: I swear I've got the magic touch with consoles, I've had a whole bunch consoles over the years, and never, not even once, have I had a hardware malfuntion. I had a 60 gig fat PS3 from day one until 2011 when I sold it, never an issue, I've had two 360's over the years (due to me selling the first one, which was bought near launch) and never had an issue. I also had pretty much every other mainstream console you can think of since the PS/n64 era and no issues. I've had my Dreamcast since launch, and that baby still purrs like kitten and works fine.

I want to see you with a 3D0 and a Jaguar CD to prove this. Only then will I believe it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Mr.Din » Thu May 09, 2013 1:17 am

Just realized, all these pitched Streets of Rage games, I doubt a single one of them paid attention to things like team attacks, bike stages, the cop call etc. meh
Mr.Din
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: DinSidd
XBL: DinSidd
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:04 am

I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix on amazon and im getting an art book with it. :) and guess what guys?
its only $40

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-1- ... 5+HD+remix

Finally, we will have english Final Mix. Also, I have not yet played 358/2 days, its weird that they ported over that DS game to PS3 though.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Rakim
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu May 09, 2013 7:50 am

So jealous. I want that. Although I must warn you that 358/2 Days isn't an actual port of the game just a PS3 rendering of the cut scenes from the game.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:30 am

Rakim wrote: So jealous. I want that.

Then pre-order it?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Thu May 09, 2013 10:03 am

I would but I'm in the midst of a self imposed hiatus from buying and playing video games. Don't worry I'll return to being active eventually.

Please don't tell the other nerds. They'll revoke my otaku license and then I'll have to pay full price to see Sin City 2.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu May 09, 2013 11:35 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Also, I have not yet played 358/2 days, its weird that they ported over that DS game to PS3 though.

They probably included it because it recycles levels from the original game (it does, right?); technically, it'd be a lot less work to include that one, since they're already upscaling elements of it into HD anyway.

But yeah, saw this yesterday, and I am kind of tempted by it. It's far enough off that I might preorder it at some point, but I'm trying to cut back on spending at this immediate time.
Awesome boxart for it though.
I wonder if they're planning on upscaling any more of the series after this though? Kingdom Hearts 2 was excellence; would look amazing in HD. And I kept meaning to grab the PSP game at some point. It'd be nice if they did something with that as well...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Thu May 09, 2013 11:50 am

mue 26 wrote: I swear I've got the magic touch with consoles, I've had a whole bunch consoles over the years, and never, not even once, have I had a hardware malfuntion. I had a 60 gig fat PS3 from day one until 2011 when I sold it, never an issue, I've had two 360's over the years (due to me selling the first one, which was bought near launch) and never had an issue. I also had pretty much every other mainstream console you can think of since the PS/n64 era and no issues. I've had my Dreamcast since launch, and that baby still purrs like kitten and works fine.

I suppose that's life's way of recompense, eh?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

I've also been blessed with an average sized (and beautiful) penis. I'm happy.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Thu May 09, 2013 9:13 pm

OL wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Also, I have not yet played 358/2 days, its weird that they ported over that DS game to PS3 though.

They probably included it because it recycles levels from the original game (it does, right?); technically, it'd be a lot less work to include that one, since they're already upscaling elements of it into HD anyway.

But yeah, saw this yesterday, and I am kind of tempted by it. It's far enough off that I might preorder it at some point, but I'm trying to cut back on spending at this immediate time.
Awesome boxart for it though.
I wonder if they're planning on upscaling any more of the series after this though? Kingdom Hearts 2 was excellence; would look amazing in HD. And I kept meaning to grab the PSP game at some point. It'd be nice if they did something with that as well...

The DS game is only the cutscenes and not the actual game. I imagine they left it out as it would take a lot of work compared to the PS2 games.

Nomura has pretty much said in interviews that he plans to make HD versions of KH2 and Birth By Sleep the PSP game. It will be nice to have the entire series on consoles rather then spread out all over the place as long as they can get the 3D game over.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 10, 2013 5:01 am

Yep more reason why i will never buy a fighting game at launch now and simply wait for the full retail version.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/09/dead- ... this-fall/

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is officially heading to Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall as a retail and digital game. This version of Dead or Alive 5 is so Ultimate because it includes modes from the Vita's Dead or Alive 5 Plus, new stages, new fighters and cameos from Ninja Gaiden – including levels such as Sky City Tokyo and the character Momiji, as was rumored earlier this week.

"The largest lineup in DOA history includes the first ever appearance of Ninja Gaiden's Momiji, who utilizes the Hayabusa-style Aikijutsu taught to her by the master himself, Ryu Hayabusa," the Ultimate press release reads. Said lineup also appears to include the return of Leon, a fighter who debuted in Dead or Alive 2.

And in about a years time ill be able to buy the full game of Injustice: Gods Among Us ;-)
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 pm

I wish I grew up with a Master System instead of NES.

NES has the most classics and all but I only own like 5 games for it and quite a few for SMS. Just find it a cooler system to me for some reason.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah, Master System's without doubt my favourite pre-3D era console. Used to save up my Christmas n birthday money every year to buy a shitloada games from Grey Mare Lane Market. Just a shame I sold it a few years back.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Giorgio
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming