Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Giorgio » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 pm

I suspect that M$ will give a *load* of money to get exclusives, so as to save the console.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Still waiting OL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Giorgio wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog tried with Sonic Adventure and failed.

...in your incorrect opinion.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Bluecast, lavrentis
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Giorgio wrote: Sonic the Hedgehog tried with Sonic Adventure and failed, but Sega/Sonic Team did not learn their lesson, and they keep going with crappy Sonic games (except maybe Sonic Lost World [...but consider that this is cooperated with ...Nintendo)].

Wrong,Factually incorrect. Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations are fantastic games. Sonic Adventure is flawed but still fun.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 pm

As good as Generations was, I'll always have a special place in my nostalgic heart for Adventure. I like Adventure 2 as well, but 1 just feels special to me, spent so much time on that game. I honestly feel just as nostalgic for Adventure 1 as I do for Mario 64, even though it was rather flawed.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Anyone else think PS3 and 360 will be kept alive longer due to possible ports or multiplatform titles that would come out on Wii U? Granted the Wii U is a powerful enough machine but it cant touch PS4 and XBO. Me thinks PS3 and 360 will have software continuing to come out at a snails pace for a long time. Maybe PS3 will see even a ~13 year life span due to this.

Axm has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Axm wrote: Anyone else think PS3 and 360 will be kept alive longer due to possible ports or multiplatform titles that would come out on Wii U? Granted the Wii U is a powerful enough machine but it cant touch PS4 and XBO. Me thinks PS3 and 360 will have software continuing to come out at a snails pace for a long time. Maybe PS3 will see even a 13-15 year life span due to this.

Honestly PS3 won't live much past next year. Sure get Madden and token releases but by the end of 2014 major releases are all but gone. 360 is much the same way. Sure still be sold for a couple more years but bundled and cheap for budget gamers. Wii U for now will get tacked on ports from those consoles but as for the power. It's GPU is custom. It was once assumed it was based on something existing when it's not. Some devs like here say how the GPU is generations ahead of PS3,360 http://gengame.net/2013/05/shinen-wii-u ... rrent-gen/
No won't be PS4 or XBO but don't think the gap is nearly as wide as Wii to PS3 was. New Mario kart and X and Bayonetta 2 show early on it's fairly impressive. Still devs are lazy and after PS3/360 are fizzled out 3rd party for Wii U may even be worse. Even if the gap is closer I don't see many devs downscaling for Wii U. Some for good reason and others out of being lazy. Many devs were lazy on Wii and the ones who did try, showed the system could do a lot more than expected.

Side note personally in time I will snag PS4 and Wii U. Just at least a year off and PS4 be a couple years off til a price drop.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:57 pm

I dont know man, really depending on how PS4/XBO sales go during the next few years, we will either see devs going all next gen or continuing to make games multi-generation releases ie. Watch Dogs. The install base will determine sales potential so we'll just have to wait and see how well these new systems will really sell when the time comes. We have to remember these are companies that often put profit above anything else and if more development time is needed to port up or down titles I think they would take that time to keep a title more profitable.
Hopefully these next gen consoles do sell a ton cause it will mean not just better graphics but better overall games ie. ease of development due to x86, Frame rate and online features.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Giorgio » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:10 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog tried with Sonic Adventure and failed.

...in your incorrect opinion.

Do you mean Sonic Adventure was better than Sonic the Hedgehog games on SMD? Commercially was not a failure, but as a game, I can not dare to say that Sonic Adventure was as good as Sonic's games on SMD.

Ryudo wrote:
Giorgio wrote: Sonic the Hedgehog tried with Sonic Adventure and failed, but Sega/Sonic Team did not learn their lesson, and they keep going with crappy Sonic games (except maybe Sonic Lost World [...but consider that this is cooperated with ...Nintendo)].

Wrong,Factually incorrect. Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations are fantastic games. Sonic Adventure is flawed but still fun.

Yes, I have not play these games [and I can say (because of classic Sonic and 2D levels) that Sonic Generations would be good], so I were not really objective on this. My apologies for that.

Henry Spencer wrote:As good as Generations was, I'll always have a special place in my nostalgic heart for Adventure. I like Adventure 2 as well, but 1 just feels special to me, spent so much time on that game. I honestly feel just as nostalgic for Adventure 1 as I do for Mario 64, even though it was rather flawed.

The same is valid for me, too: that is I have spent many hours playing Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on my Dreamcast, I had fun with it and I feel nostalgia when I recall it in my mind.

But I had in my mind the 2D games of Sonic when I were talking about the transition from 2D to 3D, so that is why I said that they failed to bring the same quality level on Sonic Adventure as they did with Sonic games on MSD.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:26 pm

@Giorgio: Sonic Aventure's my favourite Sonic game full stop. Always felt that, as fun as they were, the Mega Drive games were overrated. Much preferred the Master System versions. I said in another topic somewhere that SA was like Resident Evil 4 in many respects. Great game, changed up the style of the series, but ultimately sent it down the wrong route with the games that followed. Sonic Adventure 2 is when things started to go horribly wrong...

...in my always 100% factually correct coz I said so opinion.

But yeah, as it served as the catalyst for ruining the Sonic franchise I can understand why you'd dislike it as the milestone it was. If it was a one-off though, no doubt fans would be cryin out for a sequel. It was that good. Still prefer it to Shenmue II tbh.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

Yes, I have not play these games [and I can say (because of classic Sonic and 2D levels) that Sonic Generations would be good], so I were not really objective on this. My apologies for that.

There is no objectivity when it comes to whether or not a Sonic game is fun.

As far as CONSENSUS goes, Generations and Colors had better reception. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were praised initially but also faced some harsh criticism when they were re-released.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Giorgio » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:46 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Much preferred the Master System versions.

I agree with that. Actually, that is what I have been playing back in the days.

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Metal Gear Solid 5 looks beautiful and considering in getting into EA's Mirror's Edge.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 am

Cool the Club Nintendo gifts I sent Yama and Segata got there. Am sorta curious what a giant AR card really looks like.
:)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:27 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: @Giorgio: Sonic Aventure's my favourite Sonic game full stop. Always felt that, as fun as they were, the Mega Drive games were overrated. Much preferred the Master System versions. I said in another topic somewhere that SA was like Resident Evil 4 in many respects. Great game, changed up the style of the series, but ultimately sent it down the wrong route with the games that followed. Sonic Adventure 2 is when things started to go horribly wrong...

...in my always 100% factually correct coz I said so opinion.

But yeah, as it served as the catalyst for ruining the Sonic franchise I can understand why you'd dislike it as the milestone it was. If it was a one-off though, no doubt fans would be cryin out for a sequel. It was that good. Still prefer it to Shenmue II tbh.

You are wrong.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming