Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Axm » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:36 pm

^Cerny is definitely heavy on that Japanese juice.

@WRC Sony is better. GDDR5 all day son. Suck on my RAM's.

Where is my fanboy award? I want it NOW.

You know what.. F it, I'm bringing back Jack Tizzile and the boys in Piano Black™

With your Sony Fanboy powers combined I am Captain Axm!
GOOOOOOOoooooo SONY!

Captain Kaz Hirai
He's our CEO
Gonna take the MS and Nintendo down to ZERO

I would do more lyrics to the Captain Planet theme song but you can imagine what I could come up with here..

phpBB [video]
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Dat Xenoblade... more than enough reason to own a Wii.

Raithos has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:35 pm

I was gonna say, the Operation Rainfall games alone are worth the purchase.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Xenoblade just gets tedious after a while, but it's good while it lasts. The story's cliche'd as hell too, but the voice acting's not half bad. Not the best, but they made a lotta good choices.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby south carmain » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:46 pm

you know what I would like to play? a city hunter game (not the K-drama bullshit the 80s anime). well to be honest not a direct adaptation of the story but something set in the same universe, I think the atmosphere and setting could really give something good.

south carmain has received a thanks from: wude
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Who ever made that comic, was trying a little bit too hard. Although I like the point.

To be honest I think they nailed it. The gaming community on many sites really need to step back and look at the drivel they are posting and I don't like Adam Sessler but the shit he is getting just for complaining about how Sony are letting them review PS4 games is beyond a joke.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:55 am

Seven months after he spoke out online over the public response to Xbox One's "always online" policy, Adam Orth, then a creative director director at Microsoft, has finally adressed the storm of internet rage that followed.

Orth gained instant notoriety after defending Microsoft's old Xbox One online policies via Twitter, at a time when the company was still advocating the device as requiring a 24-hour online check-in.

Less than a week later he had resigned his position and left the company.

"Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an 'always on' console," Orth had written. "Every device now is 'always on.' That's the world we live in. #dealwithit

"Sorry for expressing my personal opinion about what I want from the electronic devices that I pay for on Twitter," Orth later replied, after the internet backlash had begun. "Jesus."

Orth spoke publicly about the matter for the first time last night during a speech at GDC Next, attended by Polygon. He now knew that expressing the opinion publicly had been a mistake, he admitted, although he stood by his right to speak freely over the subject.

"I exercised incredibly poor judgment expressing my personal opinion in a public forum about a volatile and divisive topic in the gaming community," he explained. "I made it even worse by continuing that conversation sarcastically with a close friend. While the tone was natural and normal for us, the rest of the world heard and read something very different. It's easy now for me to see the anger, outrage and how controversial it was based on my professional position and the tone in which I delivered my opinion.

"While I stand behind that opinion as well as the right to have and express it, how I said it and how I conducted myself was wrong. This was a conversation I should have had with my colleagues over a beer rather than on Twitter. I absolutely deserved any and all rational criticism and discussion based on my opinion. Unfortunately, that's not what happened."

Orth also went into detail about the impact his opinions had on him - including the repercussions for his family, who also faced harassment over the issue. Orth was personally subjected to abusive emails and phone calls as well as a constant stream of threatening messages via social media.

"Were any of these threats credible? Unlikely, but I wasn't going to put myself and my family at risk," he concluded. "Ultimately we had to leave town to feel safe. We had to completely rebuild our life and fortify our digital life as well as all of our financial accounts in order to protect ourselves and our assets."

Since the drama, Orth has moved to Santa Monica and founded a new games development company which is working on its first game. The event changed him "forever", he said, but he had emerged "stronger".

This is just depressing. The fact people haeassed his family is just sad and troubling. People who take video games this serious need to get a reality check.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Kenny
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah read that. Some people just go too far over a video game.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Thats pretty sad. At the time I thought his comments were funny at best. People who take a personal offense to company policies need to realize theirs usually always another option. ie. Sony and they're infinite wisdom.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Well atleast hes not at MS anymore. Maybe he can make some kind of positive come back with this new game. TBH though, gamers are brutal about these sorts of issues, and sadly his name and reputation is probably tarnished forever, they are so brutal to the point where Orth may want to look into a different industry all together (if thats even possible for him). All that said, Rikus post.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:02 pm

David Vanderhaar also got death threats and promises of violence against his family after 3 fucking weapons were patched in black ops 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... th-threats
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:13 pm

He didn't deserve the death threats and harassment, but he should've been more professional since he was representing a company. I would've fired his ass on spot if I found out he was talking shit to my current or prospecting clients.

He said he should've talked about this on private.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Wow, my xbox won't let me play through even 1 stage of Ninja Blade without freezing.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Jokatech19 wrote:Wow, my xbox won't let me play through even 1 stage of Ninja Blade without freezing.

#dealwithit
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:11 pm

PS4 has no launch games I care for. The only announced PS4 exclusives I'm intrested in are InFamous and Octodad. Although Flower will be cool to see at 1080p and 60FPS.

Xbox I'm going Crimson Dragon and Dead Rising 3 at launch and I'll most likely get AC:IV as long as it doesn't turn out to be a shitty port.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming