Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Axm wrote: Yayyy! Everyone buy an Xperia :)

My Galaxy S4 has been having a mysterious sim card error that continued even after using a new sim card. And after doing alot of research about it, I wanna get an Xperia Z2, but right now I cant find a source that even says its confirmed coming out in the US... I dont know whether to hold out, or to replace my S4 (all I have to do is restart the phone and its good for days or more, but my warranty ends soon on it, but i can also apparently upgrade as well and may be able to get a XZ2 with my carrier at&t). im not sure what to do about it right now, i see my s4 possibly having this problem more frequently if I dont do something about it soon.

Sony's phones take a while to launch in the US after other regions. For some reason, they just can't get carrier support.
They're also having trouble with component shortages for the Z2 which is equalling delays all over the world. If you want a big phone, look into the original Z or Z1. The Z1 especially has much improved specs and is almost identical to the Z2.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby SaM_4000 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 am

I have just purchased part 1 & 2 of the original Space Adventure Cobra series off amazon!

I have waited years for this to be released, I cannot wait until it arrives as this is really the first anime series that really got me into watching anime. I have no idea why it has taken so long to be released in English territories, but I am so glad that it has...

SaM_4000 has received a thanks from: OL
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 am

I've never heard of it before. It looks like Ken decided to pretend he was Megaman scoring chicks in a mad max like wasteland judging by the cover.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: wude
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 pm

I mostly know of it because one of the most annoyingly-expensive Sega CD games out there is based on it.
I wouldn't mind seeing the anime someday though.
And it started as a comic in the 70s, so Megaman and Ken can suck it.

OL has received a thanks from: SaM_4000
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby SaM_4000 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:10 am

Funnily enough I own that Sega Mega CD game which admittedly is quite bad but still is enjoyable because it takes you into the Cobra universe. The game plays like a poor mans Snatcher.

Space Adventure Cobra is loosely based on the short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" by Phillip K. Dick which is the very same short story that Total Recall was based on.
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:47 am

I remember watching cobra as a kid, I remember it having a similar feel to Captain Harlock
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 pm

Finally got around to ordering this. Fantastic series of movies. While things like the Zatoichi or Lone Wolf and Cub series kind of take place in the countryside and backwater areas of Japan, this one is kind of like their "big city" equivalent, taking place in Edo proper. Great series, and it's too bad Raizo Ichikawa died after the twelfth movie. Probably could have stretched it out to near-Zatoichi lengths (Zatoichi has 26 movies to his name) if the guy had lived.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Sony MDR-XB30EX In-Ear Headphones.

Never been a big fan of in-ear headphones, but Sony don't make the same earbuds I need to replace. Got them for £18 when the RRP was £40.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Axm
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 03, 2014 7:09 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Image

Jake Adelstein's second book after the excellent Tokyo Vice. I've been waiting to read this since finishing his first book in 2010. How naive I was to think his next book would be a year or so away. April can't come soon enough!

Had an email from Amazon about this as they've changed the release date from April to 'currently unavailable'. My internet research hasn't really brought up anything major either. The book is listed on some unknown book website with invalid preorder links. But they have a date of January 2015, at least. Hope the book hasn't been cancelled!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mrslig100 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Bloke not far from me moved out.
Now have speakers good enough for my amp!
Pair of kif 55.2's
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 03, 2014 6:32 pm

The DK31 charging dock for my Xperia Z1 Compact. I previously bought the magnetic charge cable separately, but I've found it too flimsy in cases I need to use the phone whilst connected. This dock makes that aspect slightly less functional but much better aesthetically overall. A trade off I think I'll manage somehow ;-)

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Cave Johnson
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby lavrentis » Sat May 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Bought a lot recently...

Things of note are
New Barbour jacket
Ralph Lauren Aftershave
1000x Chlorella tablets (supplement type thing)
Whey protein
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SaM_4000 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 am

Space Adventure Cobra part 1 arrived today, and it features an English pilot! I am very interested to watch it. I am expecting they would had to have cut-out & censor quite a lot of the original to make it appeal to your average viewer at the time...
SaM_4000
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Thu May 08, 2014 12:43 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:Image

The DK31 charging dock for my Xperia Z1 Compact. I previously bought the magnetic charge cable separately, but I've found it too flimsy in cases I need to use the phone whilst connected. This dock makes that aspect slightly less functional but much better aesthetically overall. A trade off I think I'll manage somehow ;-)

Nice. I have it too. In Japan it comes with the phone.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Sat May 10, 2014 3:09 am

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic