Latest Purchases

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Latest Purchases

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Been there with IR ports and UNIX. Nothing. Not a peep.
I found some hex codes a while ago to beam and I know the remote uses a 455mhz carrier signal messed around trying to talk to the telly but nothing.
All I can do now is wait till the knockoff arrives.
And ive been there with amigas and expansions. If it aint DIY it dont exist :P :mrgreen:

mrslig100 has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:17 pm

^do you do this sort of thing for a living? It sounds like you should, you seem to have an amazing knowledge and genuine practical skills of electronics and computers...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:45 pm

:?:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:^do you do this sort of thing for a living? It sounds like you should, you seem to have an amazing knowledge and genuine practical skills of electronics and computers...
(quoted, in silicon)
as much as i would love that, creating expansion boards from scratch, using copyrighted diagrams, or to be accurate, source chips that aren't generic:
1, serious industrial equipment for pcb's on that detail and scale. (cad and robotics knowledge are highly recommended, i'm in baby steps...no i'm not, i'm an egg.)
2, accurate 1/1 parts.
mirror chip clones would work if the layouts were identical.
to build amiga expansion card, FROM SCRATCH is nothing short of matrix like skills, and resources.
yeah!
of course, i's LOVE to see what the next post on this specific subject will be... :mrgreen: :king:
[edit]
a chance with a500 perhaps, and that's really stretching it.
anything higher is from factory grade equipment. (not like the a500 card wasn't anyway.)

amiga1200 has received a thanks from: mrslig100
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:39 pm

No one in the world except someone in silicon valley has a chance of doing ANYTHING of the sort from complete scratch.
At least not today unless they have tonnes of transistors caps resistors and kilowatts of electricity at thier disposal :P

Im more on about repairing/modding knackered components type of DIY.
Make a dreamcast read off of a HDD or SD with a bit of solder and some wire or swap out some memory modules from a board kind of DIY.

If anyone has a complex for manufacturing silicon chips then for the love of god email me!!!

mrslig100 has received a thanks from: amiga1200
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 pm

^^ WILL keep the repairs part in mind, i have a fucked mcu680040 with 32m dimm that could do with fixing.
HOLD THAT THOUGHT, I NEED TO GET SHIT TOGETHER (PENDING ???) AND HIT YOU IN PM's!
(i'm in nw england, about an hour from manchester heading toward cloudy area...to not give away too much)
if you're cool with that?
the card just stopped working, i've identified the problem, a cpu chip relief is fractured at the corner a tool is used to lift chip out, the chip socket.
tried a repair, but no nearer.
anyway, good you put out that dreamcast shit too, holding that in brains. :mrgreen:
i'll be in-touch! :P

amiga1200 has received a thanks from: mrslig100
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm

But where on the internet. Where no use with each others hardware unless...
Oh no...
THE OUTSIDE!
DEAR GOD SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!!

mrslig100 has received a thanks from: amiga1200
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Pltnm06Ghost » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Word 8)

Pltnm06Ghost has received 2 thanks from: amiga1200, OL
Pltnm06Ghost
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Pltnm06Ghost
Nintendo FC: Same as above.
Steam: This too.
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Chrono Phantasma Extend

Postby amiga1200 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:17 pm

^^ FANTASTIC! :mrgreen: (such an epic story.)
looks like ken has his junk out, til a closer inspection. :rotflmao:
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm

phpBB [video]

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Pltnm06Ghost
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby streetwaves » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:36 pm

Had been meaning to pick this up for a while. One of my favorite underrated gems on the Dreamcast.

streetwaves has received a thanks from: myshtuff
streetwaves
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Pltnm06Ghost » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:03 pm

amiga1200 wrote: ^^ FANTASTIC! :mrgreen: (such an epic story.)
looks like ken has his junk out, til a closer inspection. :rotflmao:

Heck yeah it is! I also nabbed the movie and the 3-episode OVA on DVD to go with the collection. Legends of the Dark King (Raoh Gaiden) and DD Fist of the North Star is under heavy consideration to put on my To-Buy List. Which may not happen for a while I'm afraid. The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood / Battle Tendency dubs that came out on DVD this week are next on my hit list : D

(And thanks a lot, I can't get the image out of my head lol)

Sonikku wrote:
phpBB [video]

I'll wait for Weekly Tube Show to come back with a 5th episode, even if it takes me another 14 years!
Pltnm06Ghost

Postby OL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:17 am

Pltnm06Ghost wrote:

Word 8)

Niiiiiice. :mrgreen:
I bought and watched the series for the first time a couple years ago. Instant fanatic. Although when I got it, I had to get it in four separate sets. Is the one you got really all in one? Along with the second series (with grown-up Bat and Rin, and Kaioh)? That's gotta be a pretty hefty collection of DVD's or blurays if it is.

Anyway, I just ordered this:

God I loved this show so much. Been forever since I've been able to properly watch it though, as it doesn't seem to show up as reruns anywhere at the moment. Would love to see Reboot make a comeback in some form eventually. It'd still be relevant and fresh, even now.

EDIT: Fuck... just looked it up of course, and it turns out they are bringing Reboot back... but in "reimagined" form, with a story about four teens who battle a hacker in cyberspace.
Ugh.
Gross.
Sounds like a bunch of new-age Disney Channel shite. And with no Bob, no Enzo, no Dot, and no Mainframe, it may as well be entirely unrelated anyway.
Fuck this shit.
I guess with Tony Jay having passed away, there was never any chance of the series truly coming back and feeling like it once did. Oh well.

OL has received 2 thanks from: myshtuff, Pltnm06Ghost
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Pltnm06Ghost » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 am

OL wrote:
Pltnm06Ghost wrote:

Word 8)

Niiiiiice. :mrgreen:
I bought and watched the series for the first time a couple years ago. Instant fanatic. Although when I got it, I had to get it in four separate sets. Is the one you got really all in one? Along with the second series (with grown-up Bat and Rin, and Kaioh)? That's gotta be a pretty hefty collection of DVD's or blurays if it is.

Anyway, I just ordered this:

God I loved this show so much. Been forever since I've been able to properly watch it though, as it doesn't seem to show up as reruns anywhere at the moment. Would love to see Reboot make a comeback in some form eventually. It'd still be relevant and fresh, even now.

EDIT: Fuck... just looked it up of course, and it turns out they are bringing Reboot back... but in "reimagined" form, with a story about four teens who battle a hacker in cyberspace.
Ugh.
Gross.
Sounds like a bunch of new-age Disney Channel shite. And with no Bob, no Enzo, no Dot, and no Mainframe, it may as well be entirely unrelated anyway.
Fuck this shit.
I guess with Tony Jay having passed away, there was never any chance of the series truly coming back and feeling like it once did. Oh well.

Yeah. It's the entire series, HnK2 included, all bundled into one boxset. The casing is awkward and bulky, but it's fully justified considering it's 21 discs stacked together inside the thing in the first place. It doesn't have a Blu-Ray release. The quality is still great overall despite that.

Anyway, I LOVED ReBoot growing up! I was hyped when the new ReBoot series was announced, but the lack of the original cast killed the appeal for me. May as well pass this one up so I can remember the series for what it was. At least there's the new Swat Kats to look forward to :mrgreen:

Pltnm06Ghost has received a thanks from: OL
Pltnm06Ghost

Postby OL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 am

Oh man, Swat Kats is coming back??
I had to look it up once you said it. Have to say, that's one Kickstarter I'm genuinely tempted to contribute a bit to, even though it's already met its goals. Swat Kats was great. Always thought its run was far too short.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby amiga1200 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:00 am

^^ sorry guys, for being, that guy, but the latest images aren't displaying at all. (SD frontend image again.)
use the
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
board tag wrapper to put links in as well, so we all can see what the insider hippie jokes are all about. :P the reboot image is great.
Code: Select all
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2cxgj9t.jpg
(when amiga was at it's peak, reboot shows up. anybody remember firewall?)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic