Small Tidbit Gaming News

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Small Tidbit Gaming News

Postby Sonikku » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:09 am

Due to recent high emotions and controversy, I've opted to take Yama's advice and make a small news thread. (If I am still in the wrong, please feel free to delete the thread and punish me... Or punish me even if I'm in the right, just because. )
:whip:
Use this thread to post the small tidbits that don't quite warrant their own topic. But be aware if say Nintendo makes a big announcement to get out of the console business or something, that likely warrants it's own thread. :P I'll start.

The Girl Scouts get their own merit badge for video game development!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/girl-scout ... nt-6407275
I wish I could have gotten one of these. :sad:

Last edited by Sonikku on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News Thread

Postby Giorgio » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:29 am

Dreamcast Junkyard to be preserved for future generations
[url]
Great news SEGA Nerds! Fellow fansite, the Dreamcast Junkyard, is to be preserved by the British Library for cultural history.

The announcement came when the British Library revealed a list of just 100 sites ‘Capturing the digital universe’ to be archived for future generations. The list included heavy-hitters, such as eBay, Twitter and Facebook – so for a relatively small fansite for a console that is no longer being made is absolutely fantastic!

Admittedly the list was produced several days ago now, though we only just heard about it. But we would still like to tae the opportunity to say a big congratulations to the Dreamcast Junkyard for this awesome achievement. Nice one guys!

[Source: British Library & BBC News, via RadioSEGA]
Thread?

What is SEGA Spectrum?
[url]
This is a bit of a mystery. An image has appeared on the Internet, which appears to be teasing something new from SEGA.

According to SEGAnews.net, the text loosely translates as: “A new world of Entertainment.

We’re not sure what this means. It could be a new arcade machine/board. Maybe some new game franchise? Or indeed a new game system? But let’s not get excited about that last one.

I actually doubt that it will be a new console, judging by SEGA’s current financial situation (it’s not terrible, but not good enough to release a major piece of hardware) – but I won’t rule it out.

Well whatever it is, it’s going to be announced/released on 12th June 2013 – judging by the date at the bottom. Stay tuned.

[Source: SEGAnews.net]
Thread?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Well, dang. Now I want a 3DS. :mad: That combined with the addition of Link to the past 2 makes me almost want to put that in the purchase queue at some point. I hope to have a job with the state in the near future, if all pans out that pink 3ds is MINE.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Coming 2015. Straight to DVD Heavenly Sword film coming as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDHd-reopY[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 am

Road Rash inspired game heading to Wii U/PC/Mac
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/23/ro ... for-wii-u/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Coming 2015. Straight to DVD Heavenly Sword film coming as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDHd-reopY[/youtube]

That's not small tidbit news! That's huge!
But yeah, it's rare that a bit of movie news will actually make my day, but this one really did that yesterday. I was all smiles after seeing the teaser. Bummer it's still two years away. Hope it actually gets a theatrical release.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/04/phi ... der-nerds/

Phil Fish in the news again after insulting people on steam. yeah won't be playing his games. Fish does not Phil me up. This dude is nutty
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:42 pm

I bet the shit he was getting sent was 10x worse then what he wrote. I'd be surprised if every other message didn't include the word fag or cunt. Then I bet these are the people getting upset that he called them a nerd.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 pm

NIS America Press Release wrote:NIS America is happy to announce that we have partnered with ATLUS, a brand of Index Digital Media, Inc., to publish Shin Megami Tensei®: Devil Summoner®: Soul Hackers in Europe this fall, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™. Developed by ATLUS and originally released for the Sega Saturn in Japan back in 1997, and for the PlayStation in 1999, Soul Hackers will make its European debut with a variety of new gameplay features, enhancements, and a full English localization.

http://nisamerica.com/pressreleases/Sou ... NISA_F.pdf

So we're not only getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, but we are also getting Soul Hackers. I love my 3DS, my god.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Axm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:25 am

"Nintendo of America's performance the past couple years has been a disaster on almost every level. Much of this was due to lack of execution on basic stuff like product marketing," said David Cole of DFC Intelligence. "They forgot Marketing 101 for the Wii U and no product could have done well without basic marketing support. Clearly a change in execution was long overdue. The damage done is enormous but there is the possibility of a turnaround. The fact is that the general public is not really aware the Wii U even exists so it is an opportunity to almost start from scratch."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... -for-wii-u
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Take-Two Interactive, parent company of 2K Games and Rockstar Games, has clarified its E3 status to Joystiq. Take-Two plans to have meeting rooms at the show, but 2K's presence isn't planned. 2K Games announced earlier this week that it would not have a booth on the show floor at E3. That didn't necessarily mean the company wouldn't participate at all, since we've seen publishers in the past not have a booth, but hold meetings in the upstairs concourse.

A representative for the Entertainment Software Association, which organizes the annual conference, tells us, "We can confirm that Take-Two Interactive Software is participating in E3 2013."

"We are going to have a meeting room in the upper concourse level and we'll be doing some business meetings as we usually do," a Take-Two spokesperson tells Joystiq. "2K is not participating."

As for Rockstar, the rebellious child of Take-Two, we're still waiting to hear official word if they plan to participate. Rockstar does not typically attend E3 and hasn't made any announcements.

2K's scheduled projects for this year include The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Civilization V: Brave New World, XCOM: Enemy Unknown for iOS, more Borderlands 2 content, WWE 2K14 and NBA 2K14.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/26/2k-ga ... r-E3-2013/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/29/lo ... 3ds-eshop/

For anyone who liked Liberation Maiden there is a similar type game coming to 3DS in Japan (hopefully the west later)

LM was ZOE Lite and another game would be welcome
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed May 01, 2013 4:12 am

SEGA and Gearbox in trouble

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/30/428738 ... ga-gearbox

Somehow i don't see them ever working together again.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Sonikku » Wed May 01, 2013 10:45 am

I can't really blame Sega for this one. It looks as though they are as dismayed as anyone at what Gearbox did.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Next

Return to General Gaming