Small Tidbit Gaming News

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News Thread

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 17, 2013 3:41 am

Nah that thing made tons of dough and had a lot of really good games. it was in last place by a very slim margin but was the most profitable system of the three.

I'm cool with it being last place or not getting support because I'm going to have all three consoles and a gaming pc anyway. I want the new Fifa and HOPEFULLY a good new NHL or Baseball game but I doubt I'd buy it on WiiU even if it was available. Sure thats just me and I think the EA thing will undoubtedly make a dent in the consoles sales and success but I highly doubt it will kill it. The only case of EA not supporting a console had bigger problems, much bigger problems.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 17, 2013 3:44 am

Curious. Honest question has EA ever played a large role on Nintendo systems? Is there even any Madden games on 3DS or DS? If I recall Madden was ignored on Wii even before they made it a cartoon
Last edited by Bluecast on Fri May 17, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 17, 2013 3:44 am

The problem is the Wii U's sales are dropping more and more each month which was not the case for the PS3 which at least had people buying it for a BD player.

Yes the PS3 lost exclusives but it didn't lose support which is the important thing here. Nintendo made the big song and dance about getting dev support back and less than a year in its already leaving them and more will once the new consoles come out.

I hope the U does pick up but Nintendo themselves need to start with new IP's. Yes Mario and Zelda games will continue to make them shit loads but i want new stuff from them. A new F Zero is also wanted.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 17, 2013 3:59 am

Ryudo wrote: Curious. Honest question has EA ever played a large role on Nintendo systems? Is there even any Madden games on 3DS or DS? If I recall Madden was ignored on Wii even before they made it a cartoon

SNES yea, and it did quite a bit for the 360. EA does have a lot of games that can help, I'm just kind of done with the company myself tho.

Who Really Cares? wrote:The problem is the Wii U's sales are dropping more and more each month which was not the case for the PS3 which at least had people buying it for a BD player.

Yes the PS3 lost exclusives but it didn't lose support which is the important thing here. Nintendo made the big song and dance about getting dev support back and less than a year in its already leaving them and more will once the new consoles come out.

I hope the U does pick up but Nintendo themselves need to start with new IP's. Yes Mario and Zelda games will continue to make them shit loads but i want new stuff from them. A new F Zero is also wanted.

I can agree with that, I Think X will help, and I'm hoping they can make some new IPs that were great. I still just feel like its too early to call. Plus the gamecube was the exact same deal (there was a lot of stuff Nintendo did with that system that its doing now)

I just gotta say again, there really isn't any reason to not put stuff on the console. Companies are afraid to lose money, but after selling millions of copies on current gen consoles they're losing money anyway. With nintendo basically handing out money, cutting the price of their devkit and giving a ton of tool and liscenses for it. If I had money or if I get approached by nintendo the same way I was sony (because this is basically the exact same case for vita and it stinks) I'd absolutely do a wiiu game especially now since I have no competition.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 17, 2013 5:26 am

Seem to remember the N64 getting a lot of EA support as well? Not sure about the Cube?

Edit from looking on Wiki they gave heavy support for that as well.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri May 17, 2013 11:35 am

It seems Sega are really courting the WiiU, or probably more accurately, Nintendo are courting Sega, with there an exclusive Sonic and the Yakuza 1&2 HD ports. It makes me hopeful that maybe Shenmue 1&2 HD might someday come to light on the system. At the same time, I don't think the game would sell very well for WiiU and that PSN, Steam, and XBLA are better distribution outlets.

I mean, if Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Mass Effect 3 (which are relatively new games) sell like shit on the system, what chance has Shenmue, or Yakuza for that matter? (Which are decade old games)
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 pm

Mass Effect got re-released on PC/360/PS3 with more content and did the same numbers. Those games weren't going to do big numbers on any console since they've been released already. Amazon and NewEgg were desperately trying to clear out copies of ME:Trilogy last month.

I agree that Shenmue HD should come out on everything but I'm pretty sure it would do fairly well on WiiU.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri May 17, 2013 12:31 pm

You're correct, it may sell well to those who are already Shenmue fans that already own a WiiU. I just don't think that people who aren't already fans of Shenmue would by a WiiU for the game and I'd think there are some who'd be reluctant to by a WiiU just to play such an old game. It's cheaper to buy the original game, and the original hardware. I think the same can be said about Yukuza. I may be dead wrong, but I dunno. Seems iffy.

In other WiiU news, EA have no games in development for it and even FIFA 14 won't be released either. It reminds me of the relationship between EA and Sega during the Dreamcast... which is essentially "What relationship?"

To clarify, FIFA 13 was even released on PS2... so yeah.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 17, 2013 12:45 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/17/more- ... l-console/

Some new Game Gear games coming to 3DS. Damn I will have to get Shining Force II
Columns
Crystal Warriors
Defenders of Oasis
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
G-LOC: Air Battles
Shining Force II: The Sword of Hajya
Sonic Blast
Sonic Drift 2
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Tails Adventure
Vampire: Master of Darkness
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri May 17, 2013 1:26 pm

I know we have some coders on here, and I know we have some Brits on here. But I don't know how many British coders we have, who also happen to be undergraduate students.

If you fall into that category, then you might be interested in this upcoming workshop with the devs at Sumo Digital:

http://www.steelminions.com/gamesbritannia/?q=node/5

Ryudo wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/17/more-sega-game-gear-titles-coming-to-virtual-console/

Some new Game Gear games coming to 3DS.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

I was surprised by how different the Game Gear version of this was. For such a simple type of game, you'd expect the 8- and 16-bit releases to be the same bar the graphics. But its modes of play actually make the Game Gear version well worth owning even if you have the Genesis/Mega Drive version.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri May 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
I was surprised by how different the Game Gear version of this was. For such a simple type of game, you'd expect the 8- and 16-bit releases to be the same bar the graphics. But its modes of play actually make the Game Gear version well worth owning even if you have the Genesis/Mega Drive version.

If anyone wanted more of the same, they'd get a Nomad. :D
------------------

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559004
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558940

Maybe the points are valid but that's really an unprofessional way to behave, I'd think. Not sure this isn't a troll account though.
Last edited by ShenmueTree on Fri May 17, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Bluecast
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Giorgio » Fri May 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Leaked: Nintendo’s 2013 First Party Release Dates!
http://nintendo-sushi.com/possible-leak ... ase-dates/
This week, we got sent a possible leaked document from the Nintendo of America offices that outlines all of 2013′s software/hardware release dates, including some surprises for the fall that should dull the Wii U haters’ cries. Let’s take a look…

Now, let me preface this by saying that there is a 50-50 chance that this document is a fake. The title of 2013 Super Secret Launch Schedule could go one of two ways. Either, it’s a bad fake with a stupid title, or it’s Nintendo being Nintendo and sticking the word super before everything. Everything that has already been released lines up correctly as well as the up-coming confirmed release dates as well as the story we reported about rechargeable Wiimote battery packs, so there may be some weight to the document. If this is correct, we could be seeing Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and Yarn Yoshi on Wii U before the end of the year. No mention of anything from Retro Studios though, but hopefully we’ll see what they’ve been working on at E3.

The items in red on the photo are recently changed, so as you can see, things are changing all the time. Although The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is not on there, I do think we’ll get to see it for Holiday 2013, but don’t expect to see an original Zelda for Wii U until at least 2015.

This is a Nintendo first-party-only document though, so don’t expect to see any third party release dates or announcements.

Here’s a rundown of what is in the document, but you can view the original image by clicking the thumbnail at the bottom. Click through the tabs to see the different release dates…
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 pm

^ Xenoblade Wii U........man it would suck if X is just a HD release with an added multiplayer.

If that what was hyped I'd be a sad hairless panda
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun May 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Did Sumo Digital Just Tease A Sonic Racing And Mario Kart Crossover?

Check out this tweet from Sumo Digital Executive Producer Steve Lycett:

Steve Lycett @S0LSUM0
Having a beer, thinking of how we'd follow All-Stars Transformed...
5:57 PM - 26 Apr 2013

Steve Lycett @S0LSUM0
@BlazeHedgehog I'm thinking we could finally settle some arguments, Who'd really win a kart race...

Ryan Bloom @BlazeHedgehog
@S0LSUM0 Finally, the Pac-Man World Rally crossover I've been waiting for.

Steve Lycett @S0LSUM0
@BlazeHedgehog I was thinking there are bigger rivals, but I'll bear it in mind

Looks like we have the last of three exclusive Sonic games for Wii-U. For me that's a damn shame because I really enjoyed Transformed..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming