Small Tidbit Gaming News

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News

Postby Raithos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:00 am

I can't wait to just fly around like in the first trailer. This is hands down my most anticipated game, right up there with the Witcher 3.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:09 pm

phpBB [video]

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Yeah, I saw those articles popping up everywhere earlier. It's ridiculous that 1080p isn't the standard, even in 2014 lol. 720p vs 1080p is like night and day. Anyone that owns any game on PC and a 1080 monitor can see that for themselves. I just don't understand how they aren't able to do it with the xbox one, its not a weak console by any means. They need to reevaluate the way that box is using up the resources at its disposal.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 pm

It's curious none of the media ever had an issue with Playstation 3 games running in sub HD resolutions when their Xbox 360 counterparts were running in native 720p. Suddenly it's like the controversy of the decade to not run in the highest resolution possible.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:37 am

It was almost the same last gen as well, FFXIII ran at 1080p on PS3 while it was 720p on 360. I could be wrong, but I thought all 360/PS3 titles were 720p except for a few of Sony's @ 1080p. With the exception being Bayonetta which was up-scaled from 480p on PS3 (it was horrible lol, and it was all in the gaming media). But once Platinum had more experience with the PS3, both Vanquish and MGR ran great on both systems. Like I said I could be wrong on that

When both 360/PS3 launched that was like 8 years ago, people were used to SD resolutions. So 720p was a huge graphical leap for most, and the difference between 720/1080 didn't matter as much. Then after 8 years of xbox and sony fans playing @ 720, they expect a jump in resolution with the new consoles, especially given the power of both. And when only one delivers, it's more obvious than it was before. People expect more nowadays is all, they don't let shit slide! lol
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:17 am

Sonikku wrote:It's curious none of the media ever had an issue with Playstation 3 games running in sub HD resolutions when their Xbox 360 counterparts were running in native 720p. Suddenly it's like the controversy of the decade to not run in the highest resolution possible.

Yes, the Xbox one is basically the ps3 of this gen, but not as good(hardware wise). But it was actually worse, Enchanted arms, Bayonetta, resident evil 5...the ps3 got called out on having generally inferior ports. The turning point was FF13 and me and Yama once had an argument over it (I think I still owe him some Papaya over it since I lost the bet)

So this thing is happening.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nu ... beat-em-up

phpBB [video]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Giorgio, Yama
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:57 am

Oh yeah I forgot RE5 had problems too.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
So this thing is happening.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nu ... beat-em-up

Nice man, backed! Here's to hoping for a Vita/Digital OST tier

Raithos has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 am

I'm basically just going to say the same stuff Shawn said, but its all about support. If we can strike a deal we'll send out surveys so you can get whichever version you want.

Theoretically I've been able to run the game on something like 20MBs of ram (like the whole game) so I could get it running on like anything it all comes down to what people are willing to pay for and what companies are willing to have us. If a ton of people support then we'll be in a better position to tell a console maker "Hey we think this will do great on your hardware" and if it all happens before the kickstarter is over then we can just accommodate the change.

So support us, tell your friends to support us, and tell people who aren't your friends to support us, because it will just make the game better for everyone.

Also if you have any questions about anything related to the game, as always my door is open. I don't think people should guard what they do, so my development process and even parts of source code aren't hidden away just need to ask.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Raithos
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I'm basically just going to say the same stuff Shawn said, but its all about support. If we can strike a deal we'll send out surveys so you can get whichever version you want.

Are you still on PlayStation Mobile?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Yep, I'm finishing that version up, it will be released very soon. It is only the 1st episode though. So you Will be able to play Beatdown City in 2014 (as soon as the start of march if possible) but the full experience will be out next year.

What is on kickstarter now is the full game as one big piece on consoles/pc. The extra hardware power lets me do a lot of new things so it will be upgraded in pretty much every way. We need the extra money to well pay rent and stuff.

Now keep in mind the PSM version is only 1 stage, BUT it clocks in at about 6 hours (and I'm not done adding content and using a one hit kill tool) has 26 unique enemies, 12 music tracks and stuff like cutscenes and sidequests. Its a Brawler with an RPG amount of stuff. So imagine this x5 and you've got the console version of Beatdown.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Sonikku wrote: It's curious none of the media ever had an issue with Playstation 3 games running in sub HD resolutions when their Xbox 360 counterparts were running in native 720p. Suddenly it's like the controversy of the decade to not run in the highest resolution possible.

People only care when it favours their choice. Unless told most people wouldn't know what resolution games were running at.
But yes it was never made this much of a deal last gen.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Yep, I'm finishing that version up, it will be released very soon. It is only the 1st episode though. So you Will be able to play Beatdown City in 2014 (as soon as the start of march if possible) but the full experience will be out next year.

What is on kickstarter now is the full game as one big piece on consoles/pc. The extra hardware power lets me do a lot of new things so it will be upgraded in pretty much every way. We need the extra money to well pay rent and stuff.

Now keep in mind the PSM version is only 1 stage, BUT it clocks in at about 6 hours (and I'm not done adding content and using a one hit kill tool) has 26 unique enemies, 12 music tracks and stuff like cutscenes and sidequests. Its a Brawler with an RPG amount of stuff. So imagine this x5 and you've got the console version of Beatdown.

Sounds good. I'll be excited to play it now I actually own an Xperia.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:48 pm

The funny thing is I just got one (of each) to test on and it runs really well on the Xperia Play and Z.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Axm
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:21 am

^Excited about your game Segata! Love the unique retro theme.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming