XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm

I edited my post the update is on the top of this page

You, the shopper, won't have to pay the activation fee for a used Xbox One game - the shop will. Therefore, the price you see on a second-hand Xbox One game in a shop is the price you'll pay to be able to play it.

That's what a high-ranking UK industry source explained to me this afternoon.

The reason there's all this confusion is because Microsoft hasn't decided what the activation fee will be yet. The £35 figure reported in the story below sounds too high - perhaps it includes the shop's sale price as well.

So in a way its better for us than what we thought as you wont but a game for £10 in store go home and be asked to pay another £35 to unlock the game but at the same time it probably means no used games that cheap and doesn't explain lending games or selling games over ebay or something like that.

But yes i think for now everyone should just wait till MS give the official word[on a lot of things].

From major Nelson

Xbox One and used games

Over the paste few days, we have been reading comments and message boards following the Xbox One announcement. There are a few questions regarding used games. I wanted to clarify and provide this official statement:

The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/24/xbox- ... d-games-2/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:29 pm

so who wants to bet that MS has their own trade in tech, and instead of going to the local store to trade in, you can only go through them, especially if all the xboxes are almost always online, they can track everything, tell the console no it cant play this game cause this disc isnt registered to it, and the only way is if you trade it in with MS and they can clear registration so it can be played on another xbox. Or did they already announce that?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 pm

So it still means MS are controling the right to play the game and the cost of the game no matter what. Meaning a launch game that we would typically see going down to $5 in gamestop would/could be stuck at $20 because its not the store thats controling the price but MS marketplace.
Basically the same thing they've been saying. The price of the game used is the price of the game buying it on the market. Making the disc virtually useless besides faster mandatory install time.

Axm has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Microsoft has explained the names and functionality of those mysterious new buttons on Xbox One’s controller where Start and Back appeared on Xbox 360. According to a Microsoft representative, these buttons are named “Menu” and View.”

“The Menu button (on the right) will bring up context-specific menus which game and app developers can design to enhance the user experience,” Microsoft told IGN. “The Menu button could be used in scenarios such as bringing up in-game menus, showing video playback options, and accessing commands on the console’s user interface.”

The View button, meanwhile, “will change views or provide more information in games and apps. The function of the View button will be driven by developers. Possible uses of the View button include viewing a map during a role playing game, displaying a leaderboard in a first person shooter, and enhancing the navigation of the console’s user interface.”

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/m ... ew-buttons

phpBB [video]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: So the studio that bought us 2 Dead Island games bring us a totally new IP for current and next gen consoles...

Dying Light - an open world first-person survival horror game with Zombies :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... gen-and-pc

Techland boss Paweł Marchewka said: "The next-gen technology allows us to create a truly dynamic open world that features a game-changing day-night cycle.

Hmm. So it allows them to create something that existed on the Dreamcast nearly 15 years ago. Progress~!

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Shenmue ahead of its time 8)

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri May 24, 2013 6:08 pm

So in Japan its being abriviated as X1 or batsu-ichi which is slang for someone who got divorced and kinda means failure.
Ya I dont think its gonna sell well in Japan. They should just skip that whole market there.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: mue 26, Rakim, ShenmueTree
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 24, 2013 6:15 pm

PlayStation 4,Wii U and Dreamcast confirmed as most people's next Gen system. Aside from PC and Hand Helds.

Yama wants me on PSquattro so guess I will be there.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri May 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Image ;)
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 pm

This has to be the actual funniest console reveal I can recall...it's just all so bad. MS have given us almost nothing to be excited for, and yet have given gamers a shitload of stuff to be contemptuous of. And the more they try and "clarify" things, they more they just seem to be confirming all the craziness everyone is worried about. This is a PR disaster.

Will be interesting to see how things will all pan between the big 3 manufacturers a little further down the line.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri May 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Yokosuka Martian has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, mue 26
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 am

^OMFG if that's real, that's legendary.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 1:10 am

So I was looking at this picture of the back connections on the XBone..

First thing you notice is ya, holy crap thats alot of connection ports.

Then I thought about that HDMI IN and OUT there. Now obviously this will be used for the cable box to be pluged IN to the XBone and then back OUT to your TV.
So what does that mean right? How many of you have a cable box that does two separate HDMI out's? Well mine certainly doesnt. So then what can you resort to? A COAX from the wall to the cable box to then the TV? Not if you wanna run more cables and have the audio coming out of your shitty flat screen's speakers you wont. So then you wanna get some L&R AV cables and run that shitty audio quality through your speakers?
Or maybe you have an expensive receiver to then route the HDMI cables from here to there and back again?
How many people are actually going to have a high quality receiver with a shit ton of inputs rather then a sound bar system or 2.1 channel HDMI run stereo system?

Bottom line is imo this seems abit complicated at this point to have both the option of choosing to switch between your XBone for TV or from a strait traditional connection between your cable box and TV via HDMI like most people do so these days. Maybe you plug that into your limited input switch sound bar receiver for better sound like I do.
In the end what im trying to say is, I think ALOT of people out there will be in the boat of choosing
"Do I plug my cable box into my XBone and back to TV and leave it there 24/7? Or do I constantly plug and unplug from the back of the console and cable box to run a strait connection free of MS control?"
Now again, trust me I realize theirs ways around it, like I described above, but I think maybe 80%-90% of people out there wont be so forward thinking or have the financial ability to have a sound receiver capable of routing multiple inputs at will.
So this leaves alot of people, casuals/mainstream gamers constantly getting TV from and only from the XBone once it's setup.
Then your XBone has to have connected to the internet once every 24 hours. Obviously for DRM purposes but also so they can track what we've been watching for market research, adverts and the like.
Microsoft just cashed into the bank with this one.
#dealwithit

I mean it's really crazy when you think about it. They can monitor all our TV viewing habits and because this is a computer thats always online we are using to get TV, they can cater to your TV viewing preferences with likes and dislikes determining multiple factors.
'Did he change the channel during that commercial"
"Did he turn the volume down?"
"Did he look/walk away from the TV/Kinect when the adverts came on?"
"Did he laugh at an advert?"
"Did he laugh at a show?"

The possibilities are endless with this always online skynet terminator beast DRM controlling camera watching monster.

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 25, 2013 6:58 am

Kenny wrote: ^OMFG if that's real, that's legendary.

Could be, you know. It's very similar to the first ad.. The amount of trolling Sony has been doing since February, it wouldn't surprise me if this were legit.

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming