XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Next gen XBox reveal May 21st

Postby Sonikku » Sat May 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Whether or not Microsoft considers the matter "finalized" internally, I'm not convinced they're going to go through with it and not back down from the stance for the whole generation without ever reconsidering or re-evaluating their position. This reveal may have in part been an effort to test the waters in advance of E3 or release itself. They want to see what will fly before they pull the trigger. While I can appreciate the notion of not automatically assuming the worst, one does hope the public blowback could result in Microsoft easing their grasp on the drm front in the coming months.

Personally I think it's madness to push something that can only dissuade gamers from wanting a gaming console in a time when consoles are having to scrap harder than ever for an increasingly packed entertainment industry and an increasingly smaller pie, though it is common for an empire in decline to make reckless, foolhardy decisions that accelerate it's downward spiral. This might just be a lesson Microsoft has the learn the hard way.

The more Microsoft tightens it's grip, the more gamers will slip through it's fingers.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Axm
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby hiro94 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Im glad Adam Orth got fired what a prick.Image
hiro94
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Songokumi
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat May 25, 2013 3:29 pm

The PS4 is coming to Europe this year.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat May 25, 2013 3:30 pm

If nothing's been finalized and confirmed, then that's all the more reason to kick up a stink now, as it could influence Microsoft's final decision on all of these things. How awful would it be if Microsoft were waiting to see how people would react to these ideas, and everyone kept quiet because it wasn't official yet, leading MS to interpret their restraint as validation to go ahead and do their worst? So nothing's confirmed? Good, then kick and scream now so you won't have to later.

Edit: Basically what Sonikku said while I was typing.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, mue 26, ShenmueTree, Yama
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby hiro94 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Image ROFL =D>

hiro94 has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
hiro94
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: Songokumi

Postby Riku Rose » Sat May 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: If nothing's been finalized and confirmed, then that's all the more reason to kick up a stink now, as it could influence Microsoft's final decision on all of these things. How awful would it be if Microsoft were waiting to see how people would react to these ideas, and everyone kept quiet because it wasn't official yet, leading MS to interpret their restraint as validation to go ahead and do their worst? So nothing's confirmed? Good, then kick and scream now so you won't have to later.

Edit: Basically what Sonikku said while I was typing.

You're right. But you should be writing to people like Major Nelson in a polite matter and explain your reasons in a clear and polite way. I doubt people will be sitting in the Microsoft boardroom and be talking about what people said in the Next gen Xbox topic at the Shenmue Dojo.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Axm wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:See this is why I'm sure most people on the net don't read. MS have said you can play games offline. Phil Harrison was asked a question about online and said he believed you need to be online once every 24 hours but MS soon dismissed that.
I also find it funny that the ones moaning about an online console are....People always online :lol:

Too many people are also assuming too much rather than simply waiting for MS/Sony to confirm stuff.

Bro im pretty sure the record has been set strait by MS about it already with the multiple confirmations by many different people that the used games will have DRM in which MS gets paid no matter when you buy your full price fee included used games at retail or sell/give a game to a friend to play on his profile. And that the console does have to be online every 24 hours to work.
These are restrictions. They are reasons to moan and as consumers we need to care, voicing our opinions in the dojo and with MS when we can.
You already get this though. You're just too into Xbox to pull yourself together in thinking, hey maybe MS is a company and does desire profits over my wants.
And if Sony was doing the same thing you're damn right id be critical of them too.
Funny thing is ive been warning everyone here that this was going to happen eventually and everyone would always tell me "waaa they would never do that it would kill them" Well it happened and I can tell everyone I told you so. I just always thought it would be Sony first but aparently not, they are leaving that up to the publishers. While sony's first party games have been confirmed by themselves that they would not introduce DRM. So in that situation we can only blame the 3rd party publishers when they do it.
imo Id rather not support MS enforcing DRM while Sony makes it optional, and to what degree we dont know. But again, atleast Sony is being honest and rightous to the consumer here, they have obligations to their partners requests but they arent taking part in it.
Something tells me 3rd party publishers are taking a big part in pushing MS and Sony to inact these policies. Only one 1st party is taking part in it themselves too.

Did i say they don't have a system that would now see them and publishers getting a cut of used game sales? No because if you look i posted the article saying it and i have no problem with the publisher getting a cut.

Of course the system fails if it means we cant just lend games or sell them our selves.

The 24 Hr thing has [again] been debunked by MS several times as they have not made a final decision.

Sony [and MS] have been coy on the whole thing with both dodging the question now and then but again its pretty clear they have something in place because EA have scrapped online passes which they would not do if only 1 company offered something that got them money off used sales.

And don't Sony already have online passes for a few of their First party games on PS3? You remember those online passes made to ''combat'' used sales.

Both have said gamers will be able to play used games on their new systems but both have stopped from giving the full story to the point it feels like they are waiting for the other to go first and take the main heat.

Its funny i get called a MS fan boy for pointing out that both MS and Sony will have the same sort of program in but apparently acting like Sony are knights in shining armor and MS are evil is being unbiased :lol:

But hey I'm no longer talking about used games until we have official details on it. No point getting worked up over something we don't have the details on.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Seems Xbox/Microsoft disabled comments on their Youtube Page, which is weird to say the least because Youtube comments are always BS so any negativity there would be regardless of if people liked the XBone or not.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 4:06 pm

:lol: now that is sad. If you don't want people to post a negative/thumb down then don't upload the video.

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, ShenmueTree
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 4:20 pm

lol this thread has been going nowhere for pages now. Why bother anymore. Ive read what ive read and can understand it well enough to know whats going on. I dont need to convince anyone of whats already been said. I guess when E3 or launch time comes around we will see where the cards fall or have already fallen. They have alot of time to back track and play that game with us so we truely will see.
And WRC, I dont intend to treat Sony like gods, only as a company thats deserving of what they get. Because they've already said the dont want to restrict used games as a first party, leaving it to 3rd party publishers if they so choose and feel its anti-consumer I can take it that their stance has been finalized and they will hopefully lead by example come next gen. If not and they back peddle on what they've said I will give them just as much shit as ive given MS. Trust me, ive been calling it on them for years. Id hate it if they did it too.

Axm has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Suck at a game? Keep getting killed by a boss? Well a friend might be able to take over via Skype and help you.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/rumor ... mote-play/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Sounds familiar.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 pm

That's the sort of thing that would be pretty cool on next gen consoles.

I dare say everyone has that one thing in a game that no matter what they could just never do?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: That's the sort of thing that would be pretty cool on next gen consoles.

I dare say everyone has that one thing in a game that no matter what they could just never do?

Yes, lose.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat May 25, 2013 4:52 pm

:lol:
Who Really Cares?