XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: XBox One

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Seems like good news if Microsoft will be at Tokyo Game Show. Maybe they're trying to repair Japanese relations with the Xbox brand.

I suspect that they'll mostly be showcasing 360 related stuff as Japan wasn't even on the initial launch list for the Xbox One coupled with the fact that it is supposed to be delayed until late 2014 in Asia.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 pm

So, apparently Bone games are still going to be sold at full price http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/14/443172 ... -for-59-99

The prospect of games being sold at a reduced price as offset by all the lack of trading and used games and stuff, was pretty much xbones only saving grace. :(
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:12 am

Its up to the publishers but games can be traded in anyways.

Some are only telling half the tweet so to get it out the way you can re sell a console if you decide you don't want it.

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:39 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Its up to the publishers but games can be traded in anyways.

Some are only telling half the tweet so to get it out the way you can re sell a console if you decide you don't want it.

The Xbox One FAQ that Microsoft released states that games can be resold at designated retailers only, and it's up to publishers to block used games or charge a fee. People should learn to read, the FAQ is clear on that subject. Used games are restricted, there's no other way to see it. It seems like Ryan was talking about the console and honestly, I have no idea how'd one would block the sale of that unless they made a partition of the HDD read only and it keeps all your delicate account info.

Other news...

If you're banned from XBL, you're banned from games. Period.

No "offline" games, no single player games, no XBLA games, no physical games. No games.
Looks like that source was correct, after all. The DRM is worse than we thought.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:12 am

See the full tweet, Talking about 360 digital content ;-)

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status ... 8636542976
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:19 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: See the full tweet, Talking about 360 digital content ;-)

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status ... 8636542976

Microsoft have said that XBL would mostly be the same on XB1 as on XB360. You have to have internet to play games on XBL, and it's already the precedent to ban your games on the 360. All signs point to it being the same on XB1, due to the very nature of the DRM and your games being tied to your account. Yes, even physical copies (almost useless physical copies, I might add) are tied to your account. Again you have to authenticate them, or else no play.

I think Xbox Support is just trying to backpedal, it doesn't make sense for them to change it. We'll see. Also, how is it being the case for 360 any better? That's worse, it just means Microsoft already screws over the customer.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:58 am

I wonder what MS are going to unveil at the TGS.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:59 am

I wonder what MS are going to unveil at the TGS.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:25 am

Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2 if they have sense :mrgreen:

And Shenmue as exclusive for the LOL's
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:37 am

^ Wishful Dreaming
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:41 am

If MS annouced Shenmue 3 as a xbone exclusive, that would be the greatest turn around and come back in console history. I am convinced that if MS announce Shenmue 3 they will win the generation, and garner parades of adoring and forgiving fans lining the streets to embrace the launch of xbone. If sacrificing every right and piece of self respect I have is the price I have to pay for Shenmue, I will gladly kiss MS's feet. But Blue Dragon 2 I can live without.

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:42 am

It's a shame when the console with the highest potential is also the most restrictive.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:46 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: It's a shame when the console with the highest potential is also the most restrictive.

How is it the console with the most potential? If you're talking about always online, there's nothing stopping the PS4 from always being online, it has the same background downloading and other unique features as the Xbox One. It just has the option of allowing you to not be online...
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm talking SmartGlass, the Cloud, Kinect 2.0, the whole "two people playing one purchased game at the same time" thing, practically converting a HDTV into a SmartTV, etc.

Yes, everyone's looking at the negative points of MS moving towards an "all-in-one entertainment system" as opposed to a straight-up games console, but remember that utilising each and every one of these aspects is up to the developer. Sky's the limit now (well, a stable broadband connection, but still...)

Hell, we might even see cross-compatibility with Windows 8, allowing XBL players to compete against GFWL players.

I know you're desperate for everyone to be against MS, I'm not happy at all about some of their decisions either, but I fail to see the productivity behind ignoring all the good points. You can deny it all you want, but there is no doubt that, while MS may not be supporting developers in the way Sony are doing with the whole "we'll fund your release" angle, they're providing a huge opportunity. Sure, it may take a few years for studios to start scratching the surface (talking figuratively, not the tablet/laptop hybrid), but I'm betting it'll be worth the wait.

Microsoft's baffling policies simply do not take anything away from the fact that the Xbox One is an exciting new platform from a technical standpoint.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:25 pm

If you get a 1 at some point you can be one of my 10 ;-)

But yes too many are just looking at the DRM over and over and ignoring the many good things and its a bit silly to moan at XBox being an all in 1 when Sony are doing that with the PS4 as well.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming