XBox One[80]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: XBox One

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:48 pm

PS4 also has smart glass like integration, it will have Gaikai, meaning the potential for cross device multiplayer. Imagine playing PS3/4 games on PC/Vita/PS4/Android/ios much like Onlive, it has remote play. I'm not saying everything is bad about the Xbox One, I'm saying that the PS4 has just as much potential, without having to adopt new restrictions.

Honestly, I expect bigger publishers will probably support the Xbox One a bit more due to these restrictions, meaning a lot of cool games and exclusives. The difference is I'm not willing to sacrifice the status quo up until now for the best games. Not even for Shenmue 3.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:12 pm

phpBB [video]

Banned = lose access to games you have purchased? Absolutely not just banned from MP.

Don't like that he completely failed to answer why people cant just play offline with the disc in the console.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Not buying the console is your choice, but the belief that boycotting the Xbox One will make any difference in the industry is misguided at best. And, if it has anything to do with morality then it truly worries me that matters as trivial as entertainment are what our generation stands up for when there are far greater evils out there to oppose.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:31 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Not buying the console is your choice, but the belief that boycotting the Xbox One will make any difference in the industry is misguided at best. And, if it has anything to do with morality then it truly worries me that matters as trivial as entertainment are what our generation stands up for when there are far greater evils out there to oppose.

So you're saying it's not possible to oppose the far greater evils as well as the minor ones? Okay...
Also I just stated that I think the industry will move closer towards the Xbox One, so I don't understand your comment about making a difference. If more people buy Xbox One than PS4, then what happens happens. That doesn't mean I actively or will actively support it once/when/if it does or that others will support it also.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
As for Major Nelson, he is a nice guy. He still dodged all the important questions though.
Last edited by ShenmueTree on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:34 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Not buying the console is your choice, but the belief that boycotting the Xbox One will make any difference in the industry is misguided at best.

One person "boycotting" Xbox One (or in other words, voting with their wallet for another console they prefer) won't change the industry. But if enough people make that individual choice, then of course it will change the industry. What's the point in trying to maintain publisher relations and impose tighter restrictions on users if it's losing you customers? There comes a point where the trade-off isn't worth it. Will we reach that point? It remains to be seen. But to say it can't make any difference is a depressingly defeatist attitude to take, not just in something "as trivial as entertainment" but in any aspect of life.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: Giorgio, mue 26, ShenmueTree
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 pm

The way i see it, this is a smaller evil that should be fought, however its part of a greater evil. I don't approve og people like Anonymous but we do need to protect ourselves when it comes to information and theres a certain amount of freedom that needs to be maintained.

Its kind of like the "occupy wall street" rally that kept happening. A good chunk of people in those rallies were screaming down with evil corporations while sporting a new iphone, ipad, ogio bag and expensive cloths. They fucking miss the point.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Kenny
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:52 pm

I don't like what MS is doing and feel it hurts the industry and also what many big AAA guys are doing hurts.I just choose not to support them. I try and support not just what games I like but also studios and devs I feel deserve it. To me a studio has to earn the money not just give it to them because they made another Crash Boom Theft Auto Warfare 3d land Fantasy Kart fighter 19. It's not brand of a game that sells me. I know may sound a bit up my own fat ass but still I feel they work for us. We have the money. They want out money/ So I say earn it. I won't give it just because you made another. I also like to support smaller devs as they get overshadowed and often putting more hard work with less to work with and can still create something amazing. That's why I chose The Last Story over Final Fantasy XIII. Darksiders II over God of War. Of course always the indie scene and many games I could mention. They need the love more than anyone...if they earn it. Fez did not earn it because of one loudmouth. Don't to insult the customer. Mighty Switch force 2 did.

Sorry rambling at this point but MS to me is acting like they have a Monopoly when they don't. Sony was the same way in 2006 and Nintendo in 1995.(difference is they actually did have a monopoly) It cost them big time. I'm afraid MS will have to learn the hard way and when they have and like Sony and Nintendo did try and learn from it and recant much of this idiocy and arrogance I will buy a system of theirs no problem.

I am not going to march in a picket line. Just not buy it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:54 pm

phpBB [video]

Apologizes for their horrible PR

Yokosuka Martian has received 3 thanks from: Brothaman, Let's Get Sweaty, ShenmueTree
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:56 pm

LGS, it won't make a blind bit of difference whether you buy an Xbox One or not. Somewhere down the line, around 90% of these high and mighty bedroom & basement dwellers on the internet claiming they won't buy it because it's harmful to the industry will buy it. There are only a handful of people who genuinely would've bought the Xbox One, but will refuse to on the grounds of opposing Microsoft's policies. My attitude isn't that of a defeatist, it's of a realist. Besides, if it's possible to play offline for up to 24 hours, it's possible to play offline all the time. Sure, it will need to be modded, and the people will have to wait for some genius to actually find a way of doing so, but it's not even a case of it being a possibility, it's a certainty. I get that people want to fight this thing, but you're choosing the wrong method of doing so.

@Segata: Exactly. Yes, it should be fought. To a degree. The thing is though, the majority of us on the internet who are demonising MS aren't going to be affected too much at all, we're essentially doing it for those that will be, the number of which is greater than Microsoft realise. Something which they will do eventually, and the necessary changes will be made. They're ignorant, yes, but when they see the astronomical expenditure for a venture that require profit margins next to impossible to attain for such a bold, idiotic move, then they will back down. No doubt.

And ShenmueTree, I know I'm gonna get the whole "how would you even know because you don't?" shit from you, but I guarantee that some regular arse company that you pay for services from, whether it's an insurer, manufacturer, ISP, etc., will encroach on your morals in some form or another, and you'll have heard of it, but actually done nothing about it. In this day and age, it takes an extremely stubborn person to take a stand against each and every company who does something they don't agree with.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:09 pm

MS isn't foreclosing my house or shipping my job overseas. So I have no reason to boycott them.

But as stated, I have every reason to not support them by not buying their hardware unless they make major changes to some of their policies. I'm not completely opposed to buying an XBOX One, I would like to have one. But they need to make changes first otherwise I can live just fine with a PS4. There aren't enough exclusives to justify me putting up with its nonsense.

Wii-U can come too. Once it's cheaper. And has more to offer than just Smash Bros...and possibly Sonic Lost World (once it's cheaper, for sure).
Last edited by Kenny on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Voting with your wallet in a capitalism system seems like as good a way as any to effect what the market will bear as near as I can tell. If competition like Sony offers a perfectly viable alternative to gamers wanting their gaming fix sans the DRM overload, I can actually see Microsoft losing some market share here. I've been squarely in microsofts camp for the past 8 years. I have often been critical of Sony, to which I would assume is well known by now. But trust me when I say I highly doubt I'll be buying a next box until Microsoft re-evaluates their stance and at least limits themselves to the extent Sony has done. If that doesn't happen I think I can rule out getting the one at all at this point. For that matter, I think I may go Sony anyway for the superior hardware and lower price point. If not for "taking the higher moral ground" then for simply getting a comparable product with fewer shenanigans. Let us pray for Microsoft's sake that my current buying mentality is the exception and not the rule to the rest of their fan base.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 pm

MiTT3NZ, I'm a pretty pessimistic person when all is said and done. I expect people will bend over for Microsoft, doesn't change anything though so we'll just have to agree to disagree because we're coming from two very different view points that I feel are just as legitimate as the other.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm going to make my decision after the TGS.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:48 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:LGS, it won't make a blind bit of difference whether you buy an Xbox One or not.

Are you reading a different thread? I started my post with the very words: One person "boycotting" Xbox One... won't change the industry. Jesus Christ.

MiTT3NZ wrote:My attitude isn't that of a defeatist, it's of a realist.

I knew you were going to say that. Person in "thinks he's right" shocker.

MiTT3NZ wrote:Besides, if it's possible to play offline for up to 24 hours, it's possible to play offline all the time. Sure, it will need to be modded, and the people will have to wait for some genius to actually find a way of doing so, but it's not even a case of it being a possibility, it's a certainty.

Oh, that makes it OK then. And everyone's going to know about it too, right?

MiTT3NZ wrote:I get that people want to fight this thing, but you're choosing the wrong method of doing so.

Really? Then what, pray tell, is the right method of showing a company you don't want its product? To buy it?

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Looking at that video of MN so you can connect the 360 to the X1 and jump back and forth between the 2. Suppose that's the closest it will get to BC even if Phil Spencer said they are looking at a way to bring XBLA over to X1.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming