What are your greatest achievments in life?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

What are your greatest achievments in life?

Postby QWERTY » Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 pm

What have you done in life that you are most proud of? Moving away from home? Education? Marriage? Children?

Post it up here!
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Re: What are your greatest achievments in life?

Postby south carmain » Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 pm

I once managed to chuck a piece of paper across my classroom in to the bin, was pretty proud of that.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Thief » Thu May 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Let me preface this by saying I suck at basketball. A friend of mine was trying to make this really hard shot once. He kept trying over and over again and kept failing, it was great. I told him, "Psch, dude you suck! I can do that first try!". Of course I had no confidence in my abilities but it's important to play everything up for that one moment when the planets align and talent reigns through your fingers. I sunk the shot, threw my hands up, turned around and drove away. Greatest achievement of my life, I doubt I'll ever do better.

Thief has received a thanks from: Axm
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu May 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, since I feel like I'm in a boastful mood right now...Winning some medals in Judo. Those competitions were a killer. Fixing a computer when I was training up in IT? That was pretty cool for me too, even if the problem was only a small one. Done a lot of charity work in my short lifespan so far, always feels fulfilling to me. Winning an award for "most improved" in my drama class was also really neat.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby beedle » Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm

in a week I will have handed my dissertation in, so I think that might be it (when it happens)

beedle has received a thanks from: mue 26
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mue 26 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm

^Congrats! If your even down in the great wen and can get over the embarrassment of been seen with a hideous old man like me, I'll buy you a drink. What do people your age drink, Capri Sun or some shit?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Father put us through quite a lot. Won't get into heavy details but it was very abusive in all 3 phases to me and my mother. Verbally,Physically,Sexually. While he was also an alcoholic there was a lot more to it. I know now the problems he really had now as I'm in the process of fixing my own. Well many kids when they go through these kind of things never forgive and always be angry. While it took me a few years before emotionally it no longer affected me. Just a few months after the divorce I decided to not hold a grudge and reconcile. Later in 2003 when I moved out of the house and mom moved to California. The man was broken and pitiful but trying to turn around. I became friends with him the last 8 months of his life. We got to be pretty close. I knew his time was short but I did not know how short. I long ago got over the anger or any real emotion anymore. Just was able to forgive and move on pretty quickly.

I did manage after his passing to repair the bridges he burned with the family where now I am fully accepted again. Proud of that.

Not just my father either. My last place of work the man who helped nearly kill me. The man who contributed to my bad heart and severe anxiety. My last boss. I actually think it took me a little longer to get over this than it did my dad. Now when I got out of the hospital I was told to sue this guy. At the time however I just wanted to heal and get better and felt I rather not focus any more time on him and move on. Also not long after I got out he was fired along with the rest of the Managers from that store. My former workers said they were so much happier they were gone. I like to think I helped. Smiths I know was scared as they were very aware of my situation and no doubt scared I would bring a lawsuit.
I did get some revenge on the guy as about a year ago I saw him and he kept trying to avoid me. I caught up to him acted nice gave some chit chat showed him my then fresh stitches and all pacemaker scar lol. Freaked him out. I am sitting here now and while I am disabled and every so often need a trip to the ER. My only feelings towards him is gratitude. Life has never been better and done more things I wanted to do and love since then. It may seem I do nothing but sit but am now studying Japanese, Collecting, Making content on YouTube saving a trip to Japan. Getting the best mental and physical health care. Made some new friends. Top it off developing a PC game myself! :D

I know it's not a piece of paper and not a measurable way of an achievement. Just I feel I have achieved ultimate forgiveness and a path towards being truly happy.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Sonikku, ys
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby beedle » Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 pm

mue 26 wrote: ^Congrats! If your even down in the great wen and can get over the embarrassment of been seen with a hideous old man like me, I'll buy you a drink. What do people your age drink, Capri Sun or some shit?

I'd say I'll have whatever you're having, but I presume at your age everything you eat is liquidated.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Fri May 03, 2013 5:49 pm

beedle wrote:
mue 26 wrote: ^Congrats! If your even down in the great wen and can get over the embarrassment of been seen with a hideous old man like me, I'll buy you a drink. What do people your age drink, Capri Sun or some shit?

I'd say I'll have whatever you're having, but I presume at your age everything you eat is liquidated.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Oh... so not in xbox live...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat May 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Greatest achievement in life for anyone has to be not being killed in some way yet. Just think about all the things in life that could have killed you from simply eating bad food to driving a car 80mph everyday surrounded by other cars going the same speed.

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Perfect_Chaos, ys
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed May 08, 2013 9:17 am

To keep on iving.
For sure.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby R3N » Fri May 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Well as a Shenmue fan my greatest achievement was when I went to Yokosuka.
As for my life when I quitted my crappy job years ago that was my beginning to become economically independent and learned the value of self- education. I learned way more than what you learn in college and all my life in school.
Right now I am working to more achievements I want to live in Asia and go to Hong Kong.

R3N has received 2 thanks from: ThyDarkAngel, ys
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr. Frozen » Fri May 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I went 6 months without masturbating.

That was cool, I guess.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sat May 11, 2013 11:56 am

over coming my stupidity and finally joining the dojo. for YEARS i would try to sign up and the capcha said it was "case sensitive" so if it said 85G7hjKLh i would type 85G7hjKLh. NEVER WORKED! took me years to realize it had to be ALL CAPS even if the letter was lower case. best moment of my life. fuck my kids, my woman, my job...I JOINED THE FUCKIN DOJO!!!

#-o
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Next

Return to Off Topic