Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 pm

The sound is very crappy but I liked this playthrough a lot. The guy made a 9 hours video (!!!!) of Shenmue 2 last part and never played the franchise before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXEOdU0lzJQ

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Shibiryo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:59 am

phpBB [video]

Hands down, this is one of the best tracks from Shenmue. It is beyond the limits of relaxation. Thank you Shenmue Dojo for uploading this extended version.

Shibiryo has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, Mr357
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Mr357 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Shibiryo wrote:
phpBB [video]

Hands down, this is one of the best tracks from Shenmue. It is beyond the limits of relaxation. Thank you Shenmue Dojo for uploading this extended version.

Agreed. It's without a doubt my favorite FREE track.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:17 am

phpBB [video]

Beautiful!

Shibiryo has received a thanks from: Mr357
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:45 am

Am I the only one who has been wondering how Ina is able to live with Ryo's father dead, and Ryo in China?
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 am

Zoltor wrote: Am I the only one who has been wondering how Ina is able to live with Ryo's father dead, and Ryo in China?

Ina? Are you referring to Ine-san?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:24 am

ShenGCH wrote:
Zoltor wrote: Am I the only one who has been wondering how Ina is able to live with Ryo's father dead, and Ryo in China?

Ina? Are you referring to Ine-san?

Yes, that I am.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:02 pm

That's why you can phone her in Shenmue 3. ;-)
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Shibiryo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Ine's fine. She has Fuku-Sun to have banter with and the kitchen to eat healthily.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Yokosuka wrote: That's why you can phone her in Shenmue 3. ;-)

Yea I know, I can't wait to phone her :)

To Shibiryo: Do you really think his part time job is enough to support both of them? I don't know, in general I never thought of Fuku as being the reliable sort, infact while I don't think Nozomi would ever be a good match for Ryo, I think she would be a perfect fit for Fuku(infact I would go as far to say, they're downright meant for each other).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Zoltor wrote:

To Shibiryo: Do you really think his part time job is enough to support both of them? I don't know, in general I never thought of Fuku as being the reliable sort, infact while I don't think Nozomi would ever be a good match for Ryo, I think she would be a perfect fit for Fuku(infact I would go as far to say, they're downright meant for each other).

Though it's never mentioned in the game (at least as far as I know), I think it's safe to assume Iwao gave martial arts lessons to students other than Ryo and Fuku-san, so that's probably how they made their living, and a pretty good living, too, by the looks of things. Furthermore, remember when Jimmy phones the house and Fuku-san answers with, "Hello - Hazuki Dojo?" Certainly sounds more official and business-like than a simple hello, so this lends credit to the Hazuki Dojo being a school where students paid for lessons.

I'm sure they're fine as far as money is concerned :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:00 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Though it's never mentioned in the game (at least as far as I know), I think it's safe to assume Iwao gave martial arts lessons to students other than Ryo and Fuku-san, so that's probably how they made their living, and a pretty good living, too, by the looks of things. Furthermore, remember when Jimmy phones the house and Fuku-san answers with, "Hello - Hazuki Dojo?" Certainly sounds more official and business-like than a simple hello, so this lends credit to the Hazuki Dojo being a school where students paid for lessons.

You know I have always wondered that myself, Fuku maybe the only live in student, but I always had the feeling Iwoa took on more students then just Ryo, and Fuku(damn ingrates don't even pay their respects to their dead sensei).

However yea that could be the case, although I must say, I'm worried if Fuku is the one teaching them now(he seems even more fragile then Nozomi).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr357 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Zoltor wrote:You know I have always wondered that myself, Fuku maybe the only live in student, but I always had the feeling Iwoa took on more students then just Ryo, and Fuku(damn ingrates don't even pay their respects to their dead sensei).

However yea that could be the case, although I must say, I'm worried if Fuku is the one teaching them now(he seems even more fragile then Nozomi).

Who says they weren't at the funeral? I think they should add that as a flashback in Shenmue 3.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Mr357 wrote:
Zoltor wrote:You know I have always wondered that myself, Fuku maybe the only live in student, but I always had the feeling Iwoa took on more students then just Ryo, and Fuku(damn ingrates don't even pay their respects to their dead sensei).

Who says they weren't at the funeral? I think they should add that as a flashback in Shenmue 3.

True, but It's customary to show up at the shrine made for the departed at the house as well, although true they might've, since the game skips a few days.

That would be awesome, if they added such a flashback in 3. We better get ready to dig/play Shenmue 3 to death, you know how Yu loves to hide such things :)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Zoltor wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

You know I have always wondered that myself, Fuku maybe the only live in student, but I always had the feeling Iwoa took on more students then just Ryo, and Fuku(damn ingrates don't even pay their respects to their dead sensei).

I believe Iwao mentioned in his will that he wished for Ryo to take over the dojo in the event of his death (on the day Ine-san gives Ryo the letter - just before giving it to him, in fact - she says something along the lines of, "Please respect Hazuki sensei's will and look after the dojo."), but the "will" might just be another word for 'wish', as opposed to an actual living will. I sure hope it's the former as Fuku-san is in no way qualified to look after a cactus, let alone train students in martial arts. Dude can't even perform a Pit Blow without slipping a disc :P
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue