Achievement Unlocked: Watched Television

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Achievement Unlocked: Watched Television

Postby Yama » Sat May 25, 2013 4:30 pm

I'll say this, while seemingly more accepting of it all, I highly doubt WRC would support most if not all of this if it actually comes to fruition. He's simply waiting for it to happen (or not) before jumping on what could very well be changed, dropped or entirely untrue come November. It's the same reason I'd like to wait until E-3 to see the games. I think we all agree their stance is putrid and I far from support it, but waiting for facts is something else entirely.

Yama has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, ShenmueTree, Who Really Cares?
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat May 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Yama wrote: I'll say this, while seemingly more accepting of it all, I highly doubt WRC would support most if not all of this if it actually comes to fruition. He's simply waiting for it to happen (or not) before jumping on what could very well be changed, dropped or entirely untrue come November. It's the same reason I'd like to wait until E-3 to see the games. I think we all agree their stance is putrid and I far from support it, but waiting for facts is something else entirely.

While I understand your point, I don't think that voicing concern over the plausible or possible policies is a bad thing. If Microsoft are planning on doing what everyone fears, people not saying anything just gives them more reason to go ahead and do it and if they're not, they can get affirmation that they are indeed doing the correct thing. Either way, it's good to be negative, in this case at least.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Sat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
Yama wrote: I'll say this, while seemingly more accepting of it all, I highly doubt WRC would support most if not all of this if it actually comes to fruition. He's simply waiting for it to happen (or not) before jumping on what could very well be changed, dropped or entirely untrue come November. It's the same reason I'd like to wait until E-3 to see the games. I think we all agree their stance is putrid and I far from support it, but waiting for facts is something else entirely.

While I understand your point, I don't think that voicing concern over the plausible or possible policies is a bad thing. If Microsoft are planning on doing what everyone fears, people not saying anything just gives them more reason to go ahead and do it and if they're not, they can get affirmation that they are indeed doing the correct thing. Either way, it's good to be negative, in this case at least.

I fully agree with this and it's similar to what Let's Get Sweaty said in one of these threads. I too have voiced my opinion and the general consensus is painfully obvious now, I'm sure it's all been noted. If their apparent practice does hold up, the best voice is to not aid sales. Simple as that.

I was simply pointing out that in WRC's case alone, supporting and waiting for concrete information are two entirely different things.

Yama has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to General Gaming