Toshihiro Nagoshi asked about Shenmue?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Toshihiro Nagoshi asked about Shenmue?

Postby Ziming » Mon May 27, 2013 11:51 am

They asked Toshihiro Nagoshi something about Shenmue after the 8 minute mark in this video Q&A. Anyone here translate what was said?

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Re: Toshihiro Nagoshi asked about Shenmue?

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon May 27, 2013 12:02 pm

I don't know what he said, but judging by that screenshot I'm guessing it was along the lines of, "Whatcha gonna do, brotherrrrr?"
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kiyuu » Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Ziming wrote: They asked Toshihiro Nagoshi something about Shenmue after the 8 minute mark in this video Q&A. Anyone here translate what was said?

Nagoshi says he would never produce Shenmue.

Kiyuu has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Giorgio, Ziming
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Giorgio » Mon May 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
Ziming wrote: They asked Toshihiro Nagoshi something about Shenmue after the 8 minute mark in this video Q&A. Anyone here translate what was said?

Nagoshi says HE would never produce Shenmue.

What was the Question to Toshihiro Nagoshi about Shenmue? My previous question is valid only if it can be heard in this video what that question was.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Rakim » Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Its when they go to the comments section to see what games the viewers are talking about. They're saying something about Yakuza on Wii and the host mentions that there's a lot of comments saying to make shenmue.

"What about Shenmue?"

"No...."

"Its almost like a tradition every show you have to say you're not making shenmue teh roflmao!"

Then he elaborates

"If you look back, me personally, I've never produced one of those games so you know there's that....."

According to Famitsu this is a monthly live broadcast on nico nico douga so expect more vague "that's not my game" quotes this time next month!

There is some funny stuff about this on 2ch I guess commenting on what he said about shenmue last broadcast:

椿姫彩菜「PS4で新作は?」
名越「もちろん作ってます」
椿姫彩菜「これは大ニュースだよねー」
名越「シェンムーじゃないヨ」
椿姫彩菜「がっくし・・・」

シェンムー作れよクズ

-------------------------------

Girl: What about a new game for PS4?

Nagoshi: We're working on it right now of course.

Girl: Oooh That's big news!

Nagoshi: Its not Shenmue

Girl: *facepalm*

Make Shenmue you puto!

Rakim has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Ziming
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Shame. Also in this interview he talks about how there is no future of Yakuza on Wii U which begs the question then why do the HD port?

Is there anyone at SEGA truly wanting to work on Shenmue if they were allowed? How many people are left from that team?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue May 28, 2013 12:32 am

Ryudo wrote:Shame. Also in this interview he talks about how there is no future of Yakuza on Wii U which begs the question then why do the HD port?

Guess you can't fault his honesty... :???:

Ryudo wrote:
Is there anyone at SEGA truly wanting to work on Shenmue if they were allowed? How many people are left from that team?

While not actually AT Sega, Sumo Digital have expressed a number of times that they'd love to take on Shenmue III. Obviously they have no influence on that happening though.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 am

Ryudo wrote: Also in this interview he talks about how there is no future of Yakuza on Wii U which begs the question then why do the HD port?

And that brings us back to the graphics issue with Nintendo. The next Yakuza game will obviously appear on the PS4, but is the franchise big enough, and does the budget allow for the development of what would essentially be two different games? It seems like Nintendo will continue to be fed games from the previous generation with a bit of glitter glued on until they decide to start catching up again.

It's not just the graphics anyway, it's the tech as a whole. If you're developing cross-platform, including the Wii-U, then do you come up with one single incarnation that looks, plays, and performs almost the same on every system, thus either risking complete failure with the Wii-U version or failing to harness the PS4 and XBone's (lol) true power (cartoon villain line ftw), or do you develop two completely different games (a la Splinter Cell: Double Agent), risking time, money and resources for a platform that might not make enough to justify it all? Some teams just ain't built for such an undertaking.

The only ever time it would actually make sense is if the market for the game is strong in Japan (as I believe Yakuza probably is), but you're already developing for an Xbox and no deal can be struck with Sony. This is why only Nintendo with their immense in-house support could attempt to pull off such a venture, but for all the doors Nintendo open with their new philosophy of looking at different ways to approach gaming, they seem to slam just as many shut.

As I said though, it'll probably be a case of Yakuza 1-4 being released on the Wii-U, then XY and Z come out on the PS4 only to be ported to the Wii3 when the next next gen peeps round the corner.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Ryudo wrote:Shame. Also in this interview he talks about how there is no future of Yakuza on Wii U which begs the question then why do the HD port?

Guess you can't fault his honesty... :???:

Ryudo wrote:

While not actually AT Sega, Sumo Digital have expressed a number of times that they'd love to take on Shenmue III. Obviously they have no influence on that happening though.

True. Money talks I guess. Same with Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest. They just handed out some cash under the table and suddenly a series that is more common on Sony appears on the Nintendo.

Sumo I love. I also feel bad for them in a way. They are more SEGA than Sega is right now. They are in their hearts old school fans that bleed blue. So must be frustrating they are limited to racing(which is excellent) and Tennis games. They really should be allowed to open up. SEGA should do with Sumo what Nintendo did with Retro. Make them in a premiere 1st party developer and hand them loved franchises.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Return to Shenmue