Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:17 pm

so we get our hand held through the whole game? some aspects i like, some I dont. hopefully there is options to turn some of that stuff off.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Nope, you just described Kojima stealing from shooters. All of that footage at the end of the trailer makes Snake look like an unstoppable menace, looking like The Terminator (all of the enemies running away from Snake). He did say you may be able to turn slow mo and regen health off, but he's unsure yet whether he'll implement it. :/

wow, I've just watched that video :sad: What did I just watch? It was like World War 3 broke out towards the end, and Snake was single-handedly murdering, blowing up, and running over everybody. Not only that, but it really didn't look that impressive or fun...

I know it's "open world" and it's possible to do things sneaky, but that was a really lame demo if you ask me.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm

I think the guy playing the demo made it look worse than it is, no metal gear fan would go on a rampage like that unless it was a second play through lol. Besides the regenerating health (not a fan of this at all, but far from a deal breaker) not a lot of the actual gameplay mechanics have changed, looks like they just built upon and expanded the style of game play from MGS4. You still have the stealth option, or you can go postal on everyone just like before. It looks like the natural evolution I would hope to get from a series of this caliber, not a copy and paste of the same game with a new name. That's one of the things I love of about Kojima's work.

mue 26 wrote:
wow, I've just watched that video :sad: What did I just watch? It was like World War 3 broke out towards the end, and Snake was single-handedly murdering, blowing up, and running over everybody.

That's the only thing Jack Bauer knows how to do!

Raithos has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:57 pm

It still looks okay to me. Then again I accepted MGS4 as the ending to the series and everything after that is supplementary material.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby mue 26 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:29 pm

That's the only thing Jack Bauer knows how to do!

Oh yeah, your right! I totally forgot he now has the voice of Jack Bauer. That footage suddenly seems a lot more appropriate.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:52 am

Ground Zeroes, the prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, will launch for PlayStations 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in spring 2014.

Digital versions will cost £19.99 on current-gen consoles and £29.99 on next-gen. Boxed versions will be released for PS3 and Xbox 360, also priced £29.99.

Ground Zeroes will act as an introduction to the story and gameplay of its bigger brother, The Phantom Pain, which still lacks a release date.

Metal Gear's big boss Hideo Kojima has said that players will be eased into the new open-world gameplay of Phantom Pain in Ground Zeroes, although full details of its plot are scarce.

"There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential.

"As such, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer."

I thought that Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain turned out to be one game. I thought Ground Zeroes was just going to be like the tanker scection in MGS2.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Seems a bit pricey for a glorified demo.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Let the milking begin.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:45 am

Very true. What a way to milk it out of us by releasing the "prologue" ahead of the main game. Might aswell call it pre-launch DLC. It's kind of offensive...

...ok when can I pre-order this and buy the season pass?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am

You know they will eventually release a bundle that will have everything in it prologue/main game/DLC. im not sure if this will be a day one purchase for me now... also I think I may have to wait on reviews for it as well. They did it to themselves...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Looks really good.

phpBB [video]
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Looks great. I'm sure there'll be a lot of bitching and moaning over how it ain't just like the old games, but oh well. The gameplay looks solid as hell, so that's all good. Nice that they actually gave a genuine gameplay presentation, rather than the half-scripted shite you normally get with "gameplay" demonstrations.
The visuals are still bland as shit, though. So boring and uninspired. Feels strange seeing that in an MGS game.
And I still can't get over the switch to Keifer Sutherland. Still a bummer.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

I think taking the linearity out of MGS with the whole open world style is really gonna benefit this game, and give everyone a bit more options on how they wanna play the game and complete the missions. Even though that sounds awesome im still cautiously hopeful since it all is such a big change for this series, but I think kojima productions can pull it off.

I also think im gonna stop watching these long videos for this game (i didnt even watch the above one), and just wait for the game itself, I have seen enough to know im interested.

One thing thats kind of bugging me about it is the whole cross gen release. I am gonna have to wait for reviews but I would hope the PS4/XBO versions would be the best versions, and I would even say the PS4 is probably the best between those 2, or atleast it should be considering MGS history on playstation. (Why are they releasing it on xbox again? Oh right, cause everyone bitched when MGS4 didnt get relased on it lol) just tells me that the xbox version probably wont sell as well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Deta » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 pm

All the sprinting, jumping and other movements looks very solid.
Deta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Deta wrote: All the sprinting, jumping and other movements looks very solid.

pun intended?

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: Axm
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming