Screen Names -- Coming Up With Them & A Reluctance To Change

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Screen Names -- Coming Up With Them & A Reluctance To Change

Postby Thief » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 am

I've had the same screen name for god knows how long, but in a desperate attempt to to disassociate myself with my former internet life, I changed my name. I chose Thief. I've branded myself with a title that described what I hoped not to be. For a while I liked it but even still I'm dissatisfied. I've come up with a new name, with no intention to change but instead for future use.

Ulalame is what I chose. LAMEWAD -- Ulalame. I like Ulalame because it can be associated with two things: The first is Edgar Allan Poe's poem "Ulalume", one I've always... disliked; and the second, Ulala's Swinging Report Show. Either could be the reason "why" and neither need be correct. Both answers seem right.

How do you come with screen names? Do you often find yourself reluctant to change your screen name or do you constantly search for new ones?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Screen Names -- Coming Up With Them & A Reluctance To Ch

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:23 am

Kenny is just short for Kensuke. I had a Sailor Moon fanfic idea back when I was 14 or 13 cause I liked the show alongside DBZ, both were entertaining in their own ways. But I was always dissatisfied on how one sidedly "girly" SM was and came up with a set of Sailor Knights as companions to balance things out. Kensuke::Ninja of Light was the main character of that oh so epic story arc I never wrote down (but I have it all in my head!)

The name Kensuke though was really borrowed from a character in the game 1080 Snowboarding, I think it was Kensuke Kiachi or something like that. Loved the game, loved the name, so I took it and put it on my fanfic. Years later I made it Kensuke NOL cause typing in the full name was a bitch in the login and I was growing tired of it. Then I wanted to drop the whole anime thing, I shortened it to KennyNOL. Then finally just Kenny.

I stuck with that variation if Kensuke for many many years, since 1999 or 2000. Never gonna drop it, its part of my persona forever. On my epitaph ill prolly put it on there somehow to baffle generations to come assuming the internet is obliterated by then. On top of THAT, I always loved Kenny from South Park. Always always and still do. So that I always enjoyed.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:49 am

Ryudo from Grandia II when I first played in 2004 or 2005. Really like the name and just feels right so use it everywhere. Can use your first name. A name from a game or film you love. Just make sure you really really like it. Back in 2003 when I tried to be clever and made up Bluecast. Sure it still fits but I like to have a name that sounds like a name. I hate stuff that describes something of a name like therealgamer or crap with numbers or random shit. ZconXXX678 the worst ones to me is when they combine the two. therapgamedude78 :???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Rakim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 am

Ryudo wrote: Ryudo from Grandia II when I first played in 2004 or 2005. Really like the name and just feels right so use it everywhere. Can use your first name. A name from a game or film you love. Just make sure you really really like it. Back in 2003 when I tried to be clever and made up Bluecast. Sure it still fits but I like to have a name that sounds like a name. I hate stuff that describes something of a name like therealgamer or crap with numbers or random shit. ZconXXX678 the worst ones to me is when they combine the two. therapgamedude78 :???:

So pretty much AnimeGamer183 then?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:02 am

Mue is short for Shenmue and 26 is the day of the month I was born. Just keepin it real baby.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki Legend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 am

Wanted a Shenmue themed name and stuck with it, feel the Baihu pic matches it well. Never wanted or felt the need to change it.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Sailors? » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 am

I promise I don't use this screen name elsewhere...
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Mittens has been my "irl" nickname since I started secondary school, so... yeah. I don't change it unless a former account's been banned (which hasn't happened in a while)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby beedle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:42 pm

named after the fella from wind waker
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Hehe, QWERTY could write a biopic on his various personas over the years.

Originally I went by the name "Kazuo Kiriyama" since in my youth I was a big Battle Royale fan (novel, manga and film). Then I opted for "The Merovingian" since I was a fan of The Matrix Reloaded and thought it sounded cool, at the time.

Then I went for the final name change which was simply "Henry Spencer". Being the big fan of film director David Lynch that I was (and that I still am) I felt the name of the main character from Eraserhead fit in well among so many anime/game related names, I decided upon an obscure, weird, cult movie name as a way of standing out. I feel the name still fits since I think that I just simply have weird tastes [and are a little weird IRL]...and Eraserhead is a very weird movie. Plus it just rolls off the keyboard. I did consider taking the route of Kensuke NOL and Orange Lightning and shortening it to just "Henry" or "Spencer" but I thought it just wouldn't be the same.

Stuck in the past, maybe, I don't know, but I still like it after all these years.

Kenny wrote: Kenny is just short for Kensuke. I had a Sailor Moon fanfic idea back when I was 14 or 13 cause I liked the show alongside DBZ, both were entertaining in their own ways. But I was always dissatisfied on how one sidedly "girly" SM was and came up with a set of Sailor Knights as companions to balance things out. Kensuke::Ninja of Light was the main character of that oh so epic story arc I never wrote down (but I have it all in my head!)

The name Kensuke though was really borrowed from a character in the game 1080 Snowboarding, I think it was Kensuke Kiachi or something like that. Loved the game, loved the name, so I took it and put it on my fanfic. Years later I made it Kensuke NOL cause typing in the full name was a bitch in the login and I was growing tired of it. Then I wanted to drop the whole anime thing, I shortened it to KennyNOL. Then finally just Kenny.

I stuck with that variation if Kensuke for many many years, since 1999 or 2000. Never gonna drop it, its part of my persona forever. On my epitaph ill prolly put it on there somehow to baffle generations to come assuming the internet is obliterated by then. On top of THAT, I always loved Kenny from South Park. Always always and still do. So that I always enjoyed.

I honestly thought your name change was because you started using the South Park character for your avatar at one time.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm

I met this girl called carmain, she was hot as fuck and everyone wanted to get with her but she turned them all down, one night I got tired of watching people constantly getting turned down and decided to show those cunts how it's done, long story short we ended up in the bedroom at this party and someone overheard her telling me to go south. and that's how I became the legend of the guy that went south of carmain which was later shortened to just "south carmain"

south carmain has received 4 thanks from: Kenny, Mitsuzuki, MiTT3NZ, Raithos
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Rakim wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Ryudo from Grandia II when I first played in 2004 or 2005. Really like the name and just feels right so use it everywhere. Can use your first name. A name from a game or film you love. Just make sure you really really like it. Back in 2003 when I tried to be clever and made up Bluecast. Sure it still fits but I like to have a name that sounds like a name. I hate stuff that describes something of a name like therealgamer or crap with numbers or random shit. ZconXXX678 the worst ones to me is when they combine the two. therapgamedude78 :???:

So pretty much AnimeGamer183 then?

There is a lot more wrong with him than that...he'll tell you or make it up.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:55 pm

^it seems nearly half the posts you make these days are jabs at AG, why don't you settle it with him through pm instead of being constantly passive aggressive.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:08 pm

He's been talking shit and pretending to be joking for a long time now, nothing new.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Me and Ryudo have always bumped heads, he basically hated me back in the day, if I came into IRC chat that me ryudo yukio and Chaos used to always go in, he would silence shortly after I came in. I never hated him, and even though he can be a knuckle head some times, I respect him alot as a gamer, and I know there will be great conversation between us at some point in the future. Just know its nothing new, this is probably the best we can/will get along, its a love/hate relationship, it always has been. I am pretty sure we are still pretty close friends though, we just bicker about stupid shit when we irritate each other sometimes, thats all.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Off Topic