Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What Fans

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What Fans

Postby flip » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:29 am

Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What Fans Want #1
In recent years, we’ve seen plenty classic remakes of Sega’s popular titles appear on various consoles. Famitsu began their interview by asking Okunari how he got working on the remakes.

“I started with Dragon Force of the Sega Ages 2500 series that was released on August of 2005,” says Okunari. “This series features remade titles from the past, but Virtua Fighter 2’s faithful remake that was released in 2004, was very well received.”
“For the Virtual Console, the concept was to recreate the games exactly the way they were originally made,” Okunari shares. “Sega Ages Online presented new rules and functions, which brought a fresh new take on the way they’re played. However, the ‘3D Reproduction Project’ required further measures. That’s where we added a remake version exclusive ‘HAYA OH’ boss to 3D Space Harrier.”
“We wanted to go after a stereoscopic vision that was unimaginable,” Okunari explains. “For Sonic from the Sega Genesis, not only did we make it into 3D, but we also added the Spin Dash, which I believe made it easier to play. For 3D Galaxy Force II, the 3D added more depth to the screen, making it less common to get lost on the route. The things staff members wanted to express in the past but couldn’t, are now possible with today’s technology. And we’d like to share that joy. For our next lineup, it will depend on all of your voices, so please continue to support us.”



http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/24/sega-say-future-remakes-re-releases-depend-fans-want/


Shenmue please
User avatar
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: August 2013
Location: NYC
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 am

SHENMUE SEGA. You KNOW for a fact that it's one of the most requested so just fucking do it.
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:25 pm

It depends on what SEGA fans want. We're Shenmue fans, therefore our opinions are invalid.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:You KNOW for a fact that it's one of the most requested

Indeed, they even acknowledged it on camera, 19 months ago.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: January 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby ShenSun » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:21 pm

i was actually gonna post this earlier today. As soon as i read this news, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "FUCK OFF SEGA", literally.

Remakes and re-releases depend on the fans? Really? What have the Shenmue Fans being doing for the past 12 years?????

Not to mention, the twiiter campaign that happens on the 3rd of each month.

Honestly, this company chats the most shit i have ever heard.

Maybe we can get this guys twitter account and include him in the monthly tweet. At the very least, Sega will probably come out and say "Shenmue is the most requested game", and then release sonic 2 the remake for the 7000000000th time. They will then say "see, we do listen to fans". Meanwhile, Shenmue will continue to be ignored.

This Company is a disgrace to their former self and the gaming industry. Keep chasing that call of duty dollar Sega. I'm pretty sure their next big title will be another Sonic or Aliens game.

:(

EDITTT

Awwww fuk, i just read there's a new Aliens game in the works by Creative Assembly. There's also a rumored Sonic game for the next gen consoles. Surprise, surprise SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I really do dislike this company at the moment :twisted:

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Let's Get Sweaty
User avatar
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: December 2011
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby Stocke » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:16 pm

You'd think that tweetathon would be enough to inform Sega of what fans want.

Constantly being ignored is really getting frustrating.
User avatar
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: May 2011

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:02 pm

uchihamadarav wrote: i was actually gonna post this earlier today. As soon as i read this news, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "FUCK OFF SEGA", literally.

Remakes and re-releases depend on the fans? Really? What have the Shenmue Fans being doing for the past 12 years?????

Not to mention, the twiiter campaign that happens on the 3rd of each month.

Honestly, this company chats the most shit i have ever heard.

Maybe we can get this guys twitter account and include him in the monthly tweet. At the very least, Sega will probably come out and say "Shenmue is the most requested game", and then release sonic 2 the remake for the 7000000000th time. They will then say "see, we do listen to fans". Meanwhile, Shenmue will continue to be ignored.

This Company is a disgrace to their former self and the gaming industry. Keep chasing that call of duty dollar Sega. I'm pretty sure their next big title will be another Sonic or Aliens game.

:(

EDITTT

Awwww fuk, i just read there's a new Aliens game in the works by Creative Assembly. There's also a rumored Sonic game for the next gen consoles. Surprise, surprise SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I really do dislike this company at the moment :twisted:
\

I'm STILL pisseed about no Ryo Hazuki for Sonic AllStars Racing Transformed even when he was voted for the MOST and then months later they release even more OBSCURE franchise DLC, WTF?
Image
あなたのコンビニ、トマト・マート!


[email protected]
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: April 2012

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Are you guys not used to Sega's bullshit? Its been going on for years now. I just laugh at them. I even laughed at that dude Ben Harbourne when he was spinning his yarns. Just expect more sonic, and movie flop games from Sega for the next 10 years.

As for the next Dreamcast digital release, I bet you a fiver its Dragons Blood. Its easily the most requested game of all time for re-release. More than Shenmue :lol:
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Sega Say Future Remakes And Re-releases Depend On What F

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
I'm STILL pisseed about no Ryo Hazuki for Sonic AllStars Racing Transformed even when he was voted for the MOST and then months later they release even more OBSCURE franchise DLC, WTF?

I've got a small inkling feeling Ryo will be included in the Transformed iOS game coming later this year. Like the sucker I am, I'd probably buy it for that reason..
You can find me at Tojo Dojo Forums along with Shenmue Dojo regulars!
User avatar
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: UK


Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net