I miss the junk forum

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

I miss the junk forum

Postby Mr. Frozen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Why is it gone, again?
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: I miss the junk forum

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:50 pm

The whole Dojo got together and decided to troll AG.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 am

There were some rough patches when ryudo wasn't well in his state of mind and made some rash uses of his admin privileges when it reached a point where intervention from Yama was required. Yama had had a relatively small profile on the boards before that point but after he was back, he was back in full force. The junk forum was deleted, as were hundreds of threads. Other forums were deleted and merged together in a revamp. It may have only been indirectly a consequence of ryudo's actions at the time, but it's still curious to wonder if the junk forum and all it's threads would still be intact if the incident had never happened. Even if the revamp was part of a bigger plan all along, that seemed to more or less be the catalyst that set everything in motion, if that answers your question.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: The whole Dojo got together and decided to troll AG.

if thats true, yall did a shitty job. *crosses the bridge peacefully*
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: The whole Dojo got together and decided to troll AG.

if thats true, yall did a shitty job. *crosses the bridge peacefully*

o rly?

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I swear I dont know what the fuck you guys are thinking. I am not buying all this fancy talk and strategically worded bullshit to try to sway us into thinking this is ok, it reminds me of a ambitious government thats trying to get the people to buy into their own agenda. Most of all, I am losing respect for some of the people in charge here, and I am disappointed with the drastic changes, I am not gonna rant for page after page about this, but I will definitely call out the fuck ups made in the future. Dick move guys, dick move.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Stop Yama, just stop. I dont want it to be like this, also my post did express graditude in the fact that I mentioned the old members coming back, and I know the staff had alot to do with that, I have been saying that has been good. Everything else I disagree with very much, too much has changed. I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming, and to put back the Junk forum. Its just too much to wade through in General Gaming, and something really seems missing from these forums with the junk forum gone. What were you thinking? I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me, or atleast consider my advice. You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now. There was nothing wrong with the way things were before I dont understand why everyone has been on this gung ho lets change everything trip, I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before. I know I can be the funny guy that loves to goof off but on the opposite side of that I can be very serious as well and I am coming to you being very serious right now. Think about it dude, good luck.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:There is alot of stuff I dont know where to post now. Its part of the yearly mind fuck that comes with being a member of these forums now a days.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:God damn it. Not here too... I really hate when you guys re-organize the forums, with little to no notice, and drastically. Again I'll say it.

i say unlock the old topics, let the people that want to use them, use them. And the people that want to post in the new way, do it that way. And if its something more important to you, instead of dropping it off into one of the general threads, make a new thread altogether for extended discussion. That way, no one is pissed (like I kinda was when I saw some of my favorite topics locked), and we can try this new way as well, plus the combination of both would hit the sweet spot of forum activity.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I feel like I am being forced to conform, whatever. This always happens, the forums get changed, I propose a logical alternative that makes both sides happy, everyone stays ignorant, rinse and repeat. I pity you all for having inferior brains to mine.

AnimeGamer183 wrote:You are really starting to piss me off Yama, but i am sure I will forgive you soon enough, im not the grudge type. I read your PM, then read the post I quoted above, which negated any sympathy I had or was feeling before, for the time being.

Its time for a history lesson, our lesson begins in 2011 when the gaming forums still existed. We had sub-forums, Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Sony, General. Everything had its own place for discussion, it worked well, games had their own topic, game exclusives were in their respective forums and the fan boys of SD had their own special corner to talk about their favorite company. Jump ahead a year to 2012 and the decision was made to do away with that format, so everything was in one place, I was against the idea because I thought it would clutter and scatter the gaming topics and make specific topics harder to find, which naturally it did. But we all got used to it and moved on. Jump ahead again to now, 2013. We have the problem of not enough topics and extended discussion because its all in one place like the original game plan for removing the gaming sub forums originally was set into motion for. See the dilema? We went with the plan from the changes from last year, and now low and behold, we want it to be the other way around. We want More topics, more game/series specific discussion, which the old format provided better than anything.

I really dont know what to say, or how to advise about this any better than I already have. last year we want one thing, now its like we want the old way back but no one even realizes what we want now is essentially what we had before. Its really starting to irritate the crap out of me. Surely everyone realizes this is whats happening? Think about it.

Whats done is done. It would be far too much work to try to bring back the gaming sub-forums, and I wouldnt wish that task to any staff member here. I just want a inch or 2 of recognition that I tried to warn everyone of this and no one would listen, and here we are a year later, and my fears have come true.

I guess at this point having tried both formats, I dont really care which one we use, I can deal with both. But make up your damn mind about it, its annoying as hell having to go through the drastic forum change on a yearly basis, talk of locking topics and merging forums and all that wears down. We dont need to changing the way we talk to each other on here every year, just come up with the best logical idea and stick with it.

This place will pick up more when and if we ever get more shenmue. We cant force a crowd around here, just let things naturally do what they do, we have a dedicated site to a as of now dead franchise/series its gonna be small and niche, our traffic expectations for these forums are a bit higher than whats actually realistic.

I have said my piece about this and I am not arguing about it anymore, if you want me to help come up with a better game plan for this place, cool, I will do my best. But I am not playing into the current ignorance any longer. I'm sorry but thats the truth, as is everything I have said here in this post. I wouldnt make a post this long and detailed if I didnt love this place, I just hope some of you can realize what I am trying to say here, it makes sense.

MiTT3NZ has received 4 thanks from: Bambi, beedle, Rakim, Yama
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:59 pm

:lol:

Kenny has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:26 pm

trololol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Are we all still planning to chase AG on motorbikes to see if he acts like a badass?

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:52 pm

me vs everyone.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

I miss the junk forum

Postby Axm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:30 pm

So much better here without it. No outlet for forum drama. No carry over of spam posts from junk into other forums. The whole place has noticably matured because its gone. Ya it can be fun, but the same fun can be had in the random thoughts thread. Alot of junk forum stuff turned into awkward cringe worth topics about dildos and other BS. Kind of an imbarrising look for the site as a whole imo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Had a few good laughs in that forum for sure but I'm not missing it too much. Didn't it have to go regardless because it broke the Dojo's host's TOS?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 am

Junk forum was dogshit. As Axm said, it was full of crap homoeroticism between Ryudon't and anime "Rape Face" gamer. So so lame.

Axm wrote:imbarrising

You are an awful person.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Return to Off Topic