Hobby Project: Brands of Dobuita

(Modding and other series related projects)

Hobby Project: Brands of Dobuita

Postby nebson » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi All:

I've been a member for a long time now but rarely post. I recently decided that it might be fun to start a creative project based around Shenmue.

My idea is to take brands or products in the game and give them new life by recreating them in high-fidelity images or mockups. My first stab is to tackle the flavors of Bell Woods (see winning can attached).

I'd like to reach out for the community for some assistance. I need the Shenmue I textures for reference. Since MegaUpload (a place where lots of stuff users on this forum uploaded to) got shutdown by the US Dep. of Justice I haven't been able to download them. If someone can share them, I can continue my work and share it right back!

Cheers

nebson has received 8 thanks from: Axm, DreamcastPast, Giorgio, MiTT3NZ, ShenmueTree, Takumi, wude, Ziming
nebson
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Hobby Project: Brands of Dobuita

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:45 pm

I'll try to upload some textures in the coming weeks, I'm also doing something similar to this but it's renovating the store/shop/arcade/ signs. xD.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 pm

shenmue 1 textures
https://mega.co.nz/#!EQNEAJpZ!YexcVRESp ... kmOEJX6ZEA

II can upload the shenmue 2 textures too if needed

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: nebson, ShenmueTree
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby nebson » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Here is an update of the winning can (I took some artistic liberties with the back of the label to add ingredients and nutrition information to make it a little more real feeling - but the the front of the can and the text down the side are copies of the original).

Thanks to those who have offered help with textures, however I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I got the emulator and text ripper working but the UI isn't overlaying over NullDC so I can't see what texture I have selected. I tried spamming the export button but froze NullDC. Also, the Japanese texture pack has Coke - which would not be nearly as fun to reproduce :P.

nebson has received 7 thanks from: Axm, DreamcastPast, Giorgio, MiTT3NZ, RIKENZ, ShenmueTree, Takumi
nebson
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:46 am

Beautiful work.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 pm

This isn't Dobuita. It's from the Tomato Market in the South Carmain QR of Wan Chai.

Sorry that the textures are so small. There's nothing I can really do about it though.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

I've tried to label each item to the best of my ability. I'll do more later.

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Giorgio
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Community Projects