Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:47 pm

Please, before screaming and raging about whatever your personal platform preference is, watch this video I prepared to discuss this.

Hopefully, by the end, you'll agree.

phpBB [video]
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834

AdamKoralik has received 4 thanks from: C.., Giorgio, shengoro86, ShenSun
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm

I've heard your opinion on this a few times now and ya, you're spot on about it. Dare I say overly passionate if that exists when it comes to us Shenmue fans.
But yes the fact is after more than a decade with Sega sitting on their asses they need to be pushed into development and it would only be done by Sony publishing or funding. Wii U has flopped so far, Xbox hardly exists in Japan. etc
Hopefully at GDC in march we get something out of that. However I still see this as only the preliminary of what is to hopefully eventually come. The future these days seems alot brighter despite no actual change occurring yet.
As I usually say, keep up the good work. Would be interesting to speak to you on PSN about things too and have a game of Resogun. Hit me up sometime if you get around to it.
PSN: AxmShenmue
User avatar
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Fukuoka, Japan

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Love Adams videos. Good job :nice!:
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Thanks guys, please make sure to share the video or preach the message, whatever is easier.

This truly is our best chance, we can't let it slip.

Axm, I'll send you a friend request via PSN as soon as I get a chance.
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby ShenSun » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Awesome video. Everything you said regarding the legacy of Shenmue and why PS4 makes the most sense is pretty much what i've always thought.

I find it amazing that some people can't see the same logic.

great work as always

EDIT

That Don Mattrick picture had me in tears LOL
User avatar
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: December 2011
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks for watching dude.

I'm glad you guys get it.
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 pm

- There's been no actual news regarding Shenmue, y'know.

- Tone is hugely bias and condescending.

- You're making a lot of assumptions and trying to pass them off as "fact".

- "Shenmue's future only makes sense on PS4" only makes sense in Scenario B. Not A, C, D, E, F, G, and so on...

- Discussions/debates amongst fans will have so little impact on Shenmue III's release that it's cringe-worthy to suggest otherwise.

- A 36 minute video could've been easily reduced to a minute by saying "The Xbox brand isn't popular in Japan, Wii-U isn't popular full stop, therefore PS4/PSNStore (whatever) is the most logical option in terms of reaching a large audience".

- Shenmue II on the Xbox isn't shit compared to the DC version by any stretch of the imagination.

- $47mil wasn't the budget for Shenmue I. It was the budget for the costs of the entirety of the project/franchise.

- 90% of this video was going off on tangents which touch on things that have already been touched on more times than an altar boy at the Vatican rather than explaining your point.

- 30:26 to 30:28. Point made in two seconds. Video is 36:37...

- You miss several opportunities to make a much more compelling argument. For instance, the Xbox brand is heavily linked to FPS games and online gaming, whereas the PlayStation brand is renowned for "Action-Adventure" games. You could've even furthered the "big in Japan" argument by stating that PlayStation is associated with Japanese-based games too.

- I understand what you're trying to get at in this video, but you haven't made a compelling argument whatsoever. It would've made more sense to analyse each possible scenario that sees Shenmue return, and point out why Sony funding it as a PlayStation exclusive is the most likely.

- Either way you look at this video though, it's poorly titled. "Only Makes Sense" should be changed to "Makes Most Sense".

- Shave.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Himuro, Who Really Cares?
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Well, guess you'd be in group three then as you ignored just about everything said in the video.
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:49 pm

AdamKoralik wrote: Well, guess you'd be in group three then.


MiTT3NZ wrote: - Tone is hugely condescending.


No, I reckon that in the event of SEGA looking for funding in exchange for an exclusivity deal, then Sony makes the most sense, as you say. However, your video tries to make the point that it is the only scenario that makes sense, which is so untrue that your constant use of the word "fact" is an insult to the English language.

I don't take issue with Shenmue being a PS4 exclusive, I take issue with poorly conveyed arguments being praised, whilst the arguer believes he or she has the only possible answer.

And guess what?


phpBB [video]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 pm

I flat out say at the beginning the video will come off as condescending because the goal is to present basic information. So not shit it comes off like that.

I also maintain its the most logical path, I don't claim it's the ONLY path. For all we know Apple might enter videogames tomorrow and want to purchase the rights straight up, we don't know. But that's not likely. The goal has been to present people with the single most likely path if the we want the game made.

It's obvious you don't watch my content, which is totally fine. But to consider me bias towards the Playstation actually made me laugh out loud. I actually dislike the Playstation brand intensely. However, as I said, it's about the game, not about my preferences.

So as I stated already, you apparently are in group three. The group that can not or will not listen.
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:10 am

AdamKoralik wrote: I flat out say at the beginning the video will come off as condescending because the goal is to present basic information. So not shit it comes off like that.


So that makes it fine n dandy? "Willing to learn"? Yeah, way to get off on the right foot there. :nice!:

AdamKoralik wrote:I also maintain its the most logical path, I don't claim it's the ONLY path.


You flat out say that multi-platform is not possible.

AdamKoralik wrote:But that's not likely. The goal has been to present people with the single most likely path if the we want the game made.


It's not the single most likely path. It's one of the most likely paths, but not the single most. At all. It's just the most convenient and easily believable.

AdamKoralik wrote:It's obvious you don't watch my content, which is totally fine.


If you shortened your content I might. You need to make it a little more entertaining too. Do that and I guarantee you'll get more views/likes/whatever.

AdamKoralik wrote:But to consider me bias towards the Playstation actually made me laugh out loud. I actually dislike the Playstation brand intensely.


I don't. I consider the video to be presented in a bias manner, which doesn't really aid you in what you're attempting to accomplish.

AdamKoralik wrote:So as I stated already, you apparently are in group three. The group that can not or will not listen.


Immediately dismissing what I have to say on the basis that I wasn't sucking your dick? Yeah, clear case of watching a 36 minute video with pillows taped to my ears. Nice debating skills, bro!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:13 am

Oy, forget it.

I'm sorry the message was lost on you. Have a good day sir.
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:21 am

AdamKoralik wrote:I'm sorry the message was lost on you. Have a good day sir.


lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby Peter » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:46 am

I think when the day comes, no one will give a shit about what system its on.
Image

User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby AdamKoralik » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:28 am

I don't care what console it's on either. I just think the PS4 makes the most sense.

As stated, I've love it on every console under the sun. PCs included.
Subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamKoralik

Visit:

http://www.figureitoutproductions.com

Become a fan:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FigureItOut-Productions/145760850834
User avatar
AdamKoralik
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Next

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net