Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Why Shenmue's Future Only Makes Sense on PS4.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 pm

That sounds like idiocy to me.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby lavrentis » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 pm

krizzex wrote: This sounds like Sony fanatacism to me. All things only make sense on Sony's hardware to Sony fans even if and when it makes companies go bankrupt from what I've observed over the years.

Logically, it would be best on Nintendo hardware as SEGA themevels have even admitted that their products do better on Nintendo hardware than on any other. It would also be the cheapest option.

Given that main reason their is no Shenmue is do to the series being associated with critical monetary losses for SEGA, putting it on the hardware with the "highest" development cost seems like the least logical idea. Also, Sony's customer base has shown that they don't really buy games that aren't about gun or gore.

It would make more sense to release it on the PS3/360 or even the Wii , or all current gen platforms than the PS4 with all things considered.

Did you even watch his video?
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:20 pm

krizzex wrote: This sounds like Sony fanatacism to me. All things only make sense on Sony's hardware to Sony fans even if and when it makes companies go bankrupt from what I've observed over the years.

Logically, it would be best on Nintendo hardware as SEGA themevels have even admitted that their products do better on Nintendo hardware than on any other. It would also be the cheapest option.

Given that main reason their is no Shenmue is do to the series being associated with critical monetary losses for SEGA, putting it on the hardware with the "highest" development cost seems like the least logical idea. Also, Sony's customer base has shown that they don't really buy games that aren't about gun or gore.

It would make more sense to release it on the PS3/360 or even the Wii , or all current gen platforms than the PS4 with all things considered.

Problem is the Wii U is still pretty much dead same for the Wii.

But yes digital releases on both XBox and PlayStation platforms makes much more sense than launching on one.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Have we discussed this here? I can't seem to find it.

ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:20 pm

I don't think we have, actually. Here's the history behind it, for those who may not know.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yama » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Seeing it on the top five list in general gets the point across, first or fifth it's still an "obscure" Sega game to most readers so it'll be intriguing as to why it's there regardless.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:55 am

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Gangsta Ren » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah I hated Microsoft and peter Moore for stealing Shenmue 2 from Dreamcast. It seemed less like Microsoft believing in the IP and coveting it because it seemed like an IP they would want as a franchise, and more like they wanted to sabotage any chance the Dreamcast had of becoming a successful platform. The First Shenmue sold 1 million in the US , there was no reason to cancel the US port of Shenmue 2. Peter Moore just sold us out to his new masters. I Imported the Japanese Shenmue 2 day one. I Imported the European Shenmue 2 when that came out. Because I love unintentionally funny dialog by bad voice actors, I bought Shenmue 2 on the Xbox as well.
I actually visited this site a lot back when Shenmue 1 was coming to the US. I actually joined after Shenmue 2 came out on Xbox. I remember LAN DC (the most devout, adamant believer in Shenmue 3 I've ever seen), and a poster named Cool C who actually joined after me but somehow became a mod. I remember every E3 or TGS LAN DC would start a thread saying "this is is !! Shenmue 3 will definitely be announced at E3/TGS this year!!" and every time we were dissappointed . This went on up until 2005, and I kind of gave up and quit the site.

However, this year, dudes, it is so going to happen. We had Shenmue World on Mobile phones recently. We had the aborted Shenmue Online. there have been some false starts. I still believe Microsoft are scumbags that only wanted to hurt the Dreamcast by taking Shenmue 2. Look at what they did Buying off Titanfall, just to spite Sony so they cant get it in 6 months. If Microsoft bought Shenmue 2 because they believed in the IP, why was Shenmue 3 never funded by them for Original Xbox, as Kikizo falsely claimed they would. Look at the Playstation 4 Japanese launch commercial: the user name at 25 seconds in is RYO H. As in RYO HAZUKI. They may not announce Shenmue 3 at GDC. What I think they will do is the typical corporate douchbaggery we see too much of lately: They will announce an announcement. Just to be dicks, some people like Hideo Kojima likes to announce a date where he will make an announcement. In January, Warner Bros interactive announced Jan 24 they would make an announcement concerning the future of The Batman Arkham series. Jan 24 came and went , and they made no announcement. It took until last week to announce Arkham Knight. Infuriating. I have full confidence Shenmue 3 will come to PS4. The stars are aligned , and the right people are in power (Mark Cerny).

So at GDC, Mark Cerny will announce a date at which he will make an announcement concerning Shenmue , when he could damn well announce it right then and there March 19.
Last edited by Gangsta Ren on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gangsta Ren
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:14 pm

and more like they wanted to sabotage any chance the Dreamcast had of becoming a successful platform.

Um it was already dead. Killed off by SEGA. :roll:

So much wrong in that post ill just leave it at that.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Gangsta Ren wrote: Yeah I hated Microsoft and peter Moore for stealing Shenmue 2 from Dreamcast. It seemed less like Microsoft believing in the IP and coveting it because it seemed like an IP they would want as a franchise, and more like they wanted to sabotage any chance the Dreamcast had of becoming a successful platform. The First Shenmue sold 1 million in the US , there was no reason to cancel the US port of Shenmue 2.

Business decisions. Best way to sell Xbox and it's software etc.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Gangsta Ren » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:19 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
and more like they wanted to sabotage any chance the Dreamcast had of becoming a successful platform.

Um it was already dead. Killed off by SEGA. :roll:

So much wrong in that post ill just leave it at that.

Please. Look at your Username. All you do is troll. Everything you say here is negative towards Shenmue 1 , 2, or the possibility of 3. Get your facts straight you twit. First Shenmue 2 was cancelled for American Dreamcasts. Months later the Dreamcast was discontinued. BOTH decisions were made by Peter Moore Sega of Japan trusted him, gave him the authority to discontinue the Dreamcast or tough it out, man up and fight for market share. He betrayed that trust, and stabbed them in the back for a job at Microsoft.

If you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, don't post. There really is no excuse for your being so blatantly dense and ignorant, google and wiki are at your disposal. I actually played Shenmue on DC at that time, I remember the course of events vividly. You are some Johny-come-lately fraud who has no life and comes here to troll. I looked at your profile. Playing Xbox One. Retarded Xbot clown , you choose the wrong system. $500 for an underpowered piece of junk. PS4 renders 1152 shaders , Xbone 768. PS4 uses GDDR5 Xbone uses garbage DDR3. You are completely ignorant at fact checking, that's obvious, you failed to check the specs before you wasted $500.

Shenmue 3 will be on PS4. An ass and his money are soon parted.
I'm glad I made an intelligent informed decision buying a PS4. Adam's points regarding PS4 being the best choice echo my reasons for designating the PS3 as the best choice for Shenmue 3 in a Shenmuedojo post 8 years ago regarding the kikizo scandal.
Last edited by Gangsta Ren on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gangsta Ren

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 am

lol

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Gangsta Ren » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:51 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Gangsta Ren wrote: Yeah I hated Microsoft and peter Moore for stealing Shenmue 2 from Dreamcast. It seemed less like Microsoft believing in the IP and coveting it because it seemed like an IP they would want as a franchise, and more like they wanted to sabotage any chance the Dreamcast had of becoming a successful platform. The First Shenmue sold 1 million in the US , there was no reason to cancel the US port of Shenmue 2.

Business decisions. Best way to sell Xbox and it's software etc.

It was a dick move by Moore and Microsoft to sabotage the Dreamcast. If you mean he best way to sell Xboxes is to stop Sega from selling Dreamcasts , you're right. If you think people would wait an extra Year and buy one million copies of Shenmue 2 and an extra 1 million Xboxes, you are an ass. It ruined US Shenmue. Shenmue was designed so the save file from Shenmue 1 could be transferred to Shenmue 2. Asshole Peter Moore destroyed that hope. I at least was able to do it with my Japanese copies of Shenmue 1 and 2, but that's not the point. Shenmue 2 would have been more successful on Dreamcast than it EVER could've been on Xbox. You can't uproot a player base and expect it to stay intact , or GROW, more importantly. It was a MORONIC business decision. If Peter Moore kept the Dreamcast going a few more years, we would have gotten Shenmue 3 on Dreamcast in 2003, and not sitting here hoping Sony bails us out. Fuck Peter Moore and Fuck Microsoft and Bill Gates. May they both rot in Hell.
Gangsta Ren

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 am

Calm down, G, he didn't rape your mam. That was me.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:00 am

Mitz summed it up best but.......

Yeah I hated Microsoft and peter Moore for stealing Shenmue 2 from Dreamcast. It seemed less like Microsoft believing in the IP and coveting it because it seemed like an IP they would want as a franchise, and more like they wanted to sabotage any chance the Dreamcast had of becoming a successful platform.

Dreamcast was already dead. SEGA had no money and couldn't compete with the PS2 so they started selling IPs to you know make money.

The First Shenmue sold 1 million in the US

1.2 million world wide so are you seriously trying to say it sold that little outside the US? If so then that's funny seeing as people here say Japan is the reason it should be on PlayStation.

there was no reason to cancel the US port of Shenmue 2

Apart from MS money unless you think Moore was just able to give MS all these games for free? You know he still had bosses at SEGA who would have been the ones to pull the plug on the console and started the IP fire sale.

We had Shenmue World on Mobile phones recently

And it died a quick death.

We had the aborted Shenmue Online

Years ago and yeah aborted. SEGA didn't even come out and announce it. They just killed it quietly hoping no one would notice.

I still believe Microsoft are scumbags that only wanted to hurt the Dreamcast by taking Shenmue 2

Again how can you hurt what is already dead? Also a console that was using MS Windows CE.

You know MS wanted to buy SEGA right? And at one point the XBox was going to be fully compatible with Dreamcast games.

Look at what they did Buying off Titanfall, just to spite Sony so they cant get it in 6 months.

Sony wont be getting this Titanfall in any months and its not like Sony don't buy exclusives. Its a business thing.

why was Shenmue 3 never funded by them for Original Xbox

http://uk.xbox.ign.com/articles/384/384250p1.html

the user name at 25 seconds in is RYO H.

Thank god its not a common name in Japan..

Everything you say here is negative towards Shenmue 1 , 2, or the possibility of 3

Nope still love the games but getting a little sad now seeing some people taking nothing and trying to turn it into something. Shenmue is getting a post mortem. That's not a good thing IMO.

BOTH decisions were made by Peter Moore Sega of Japan trusted him, gave him the authority to discontinue the Dreamcast or tough it out, man up and fight for market share. He betrayed that trust, and stabbed them in the back for a job at Microsoft.

Money. SEGA didn't have it and that's down to them not MS, Sony or Nintendo.

First Shenmue 2 was cancelled for American Dreamcasts. Months later the Dreamcast was discontinued

Oddly enough being a Shenmue fan I already know this as does everyone else on the forum. Oh but the Dreamcast was killed off in January 2001 and the US version of Shenmue II was cancelled several months later.

Its because of Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragon and others that I got the XBox.

You are some Johny-come-lately fraud who has no life and comes here to troll.

Check my join date dumbass and I've was a member of the original Dojo just under a different name. Had a different name on here for a long time so what was that about people not knowing what the fuck they are talking about?

You last posted on Sun Aug 05 just for the record.

Shenmue was designed so the save file from Shenmue 1 could be transferred to Shenmue 2

A feature that turned out to be pointless going by my Dreamcast games as hardly anything carried over. This isn't like Mass Effect with choices having an impact on later games.
The only thing that really came into effect was the date and some moves.

Money didn't matter as you lose it all in the first 5 minutes. Tapes? Not available in II. Toys? The game gives you some but really I doubt many got upset about losing them.

The annoying thing about the XBox version is you have to rush if you want to do the birthday side quest.
Would have been better if they had ported both games over.

Shenmue 2 would have been more successful on Dreamcast than it EVER could've been on Xbox.

Maybe but the console was already dead.

And yes I have a Xbox One and I'm happy with it. Will get a PS4 when it has some games I want for it so yeah.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III