Final Fantasy X-3 A Possbility??!!

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Final Fantasy X-3 A Possbility??!!

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 am

WARNING SPOILERS:

So the HD remake of X and X2 was released in Japan. I imported the game.

This happened:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/28/report-final-fantasy-writer-wants-to-see-a-final-fantasy-x-3/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final- ... 61277.html

What I think:
I LOVED X and X2, they are among my most favorite games. I am REALLY excited to hear that they might consider continuing the series.

Also, in the X and X2 hd remake we find out that Yuna and Tidus are no longer together, but no real answer was given as to why.

Maybe something new is happening between them?

I honestly would love to see FFX2 Internation tie into this new story arch.

What are your thoughts?

/james
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: Final Fantasy X-3 A Possbility??!!

Postby Rakim » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:46 am

As long as its another girl power fan service extravaganza like X-2 I'm all for it.

Rakim has received a thanks from: shengoro86
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:10 pm

I thought Final Fantasy X was a beautiful game -- with a beautiful ending. X-2 kind of ruined that with its incessant need for happiness and it ultimately shit all over any real emotions. If the game is fun, sure why not, but blargh why can't they just leave a good thing alone...

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, shengoro86
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 pm

^^Yeah, when I found out that the ending of X-2 has
Tidus reappearing

it kind of ruined it for me. X ended on a sort of bittersweet note, and I liked it that way.
It's sort of like how I always interpreted the ending of FFVII to mean that the world, in a melancholy act of self-preservation, chose to wipe out human life... but then, as much as I really do love Advent Children, it came along and completely negated that notion.

Either way, I do have to say that Spira is a very appealing world/environment, and even though I never played through X-2, I wouldn't mind seeing that world again.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Please just leave it alone now square... you have done enough with X-2 and its shittyness. I would much prefer X as a stand alone title, but why have the cow and not milk it?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Am I the only person that liked X-2??

ugh.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby OL » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I never bothered with it because of the exploitative poppiness of it all. Everything I ever saw of it just felt kind of... disrespectful, in a way, toward the previous game. Not that FFX was high art or anything, but continuing its genuinely good fantasy story with J-pop concerts, daisy duke shorts, trendy (at the time) dual-pistol-wielding, and a Charlie's Angels facade to it was just too much. They easily could have made a "search for Tidus" story without all of that nonsense, doing something closer in style to the preceding game, and I'd have no problem with it at all. But they didn't go that route, so y'know... bleh.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:48 pm

I thought that X-2 was ok but that's about it. It's not like the Back To The Future series where after watching the first one you feel the need to watch the next one right away. X for me ended really well and the mystery at the end was really fitting which as some has said X-2 took away but I still judge it on it's own merits. X-2 kinda felt like a straight to DVD movie compared to the original and the story didn't feel anywhere near as epic. I honestly don't know what they would do in X-3 that would feel worthy of a sequel since the world is meant to be at peace.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Better than another continuation of XIII if you ask me.

Kenny has received a thanks from: shengoro86
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:34 pm

I played the first few hours of X-2, its battle system was fine its good fun, but the story and characters were just... changed from the first game, Yuna seemed a bit different, her purpose and resolve seemed out of whack compared to the first game, and it felt strange. Then all the things OL said. The game was just awkward and taken into a completely other direction from the first title. We could tear apart the plot elements, and other things regarding X-2 and how it kind of dis-respects the first game but eh, I would rather not even think about it. Just play the magnificent first game and forget about the other one.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Radar » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 pm

I think they should have stopped after the first game :P
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:48 pm

bleh couldn't care less
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:40 pm

im not against having sequels or prequels to the FF games. I mean Crisis Core was magnificent, there are a few others that were good as well. Just X-2 was crap, they failed to make a serious follow up to the original serious game. I didnt like XIII so I cant really comment about any of its sequels, but I think the general opinion is that it was not the same quality as previous installments. But I think the sequels to XIII were better received than X-2?

I would like to see square make a AAA FF game again, and make a AAA sequel or prequel to that game that I can get into. OR just make stand alone games like they used to and leave each work alone and let it be its own single piece of art. idc just as long as the quality is high, I want story, i want characters, I want a beauiful world and art direction, I want addicting combat and character leveling progression and character customization. Seems after FFX the standard FF quality we have all come to expect only dabbles in the certain areas i mentioned, and not all areas like before. 1-10 will always be the best in the series to me, I hope they can turn it around and change my mind on that, but it will be difficult. Square has to come out of this slump some how, maybe FF15 will do that. X-3 would be a a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:26 pm

I'd rather they just release FFXV already, but that's just me. Never really liked FFX myself, so...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Imagine97832 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 am

X was definitely pretty bueno. X-2 was alright, but didn't really like the tone of it. X-3? Just don't butcher it, and I'm down.
Imagine97832
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to General Gaming