do you walk or run through this game?

(Chapters 3-6)

do you walk or run through this game?

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:26 pm

I used to always run but since 2 years I onky walk now. so much better. also I noticed scenes never seen before by me, by walking people start conversations with you. this game is so realistic :D
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: do you walk or run through this game?

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 pm

I run like Sonic, lol.

phpBB [video]

Fenix has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RunDontWalk

Walking just takes way too long. In games you always go full speed as much as you can. Even Shenmue follows that rule despite all it's beautifl detailed scenery, expect for the walks with Shenhua.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:02 pm

so you guys where never asked if you were japanese by the sushi guy in grene market? or the girls in abderdeen who are stunned by your beauty? :P

drunkensailor has received a thanks from: nskachu
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:08 pm

drunkensailor wrote: so you guys where never asked if you were japanese by the sushi guy in grene market? or the girls in abderdeen who are stunned by your beauty? :P

Yes. I got it \:D/

But in Shenmue 2 there's a lot of secret sequences. Like the frying pan in Man Mo Bistro. I've been thinking the QTE was exclusive for Xbox and I got it in DC the other week.

Try to walk close to Fang Mei. She'll start interesting conversations.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 pm

fangmei is incredible. it's almost like a small piece of sakura taisen dating sim inside shenmue 2. by walking near her she starts all sorts of conversations and your answers dictate her mood and follow up questions and eventually if she will call you ryo-san. I never ever got her to call me ryo-san yet :D
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Sure, I was asked by those girls. Sometimes you do have to walk if you look around or try to steer Ryo with more precission. But that sushi guy is inside of a restaurant, isn't he? You can only walk there and since you've went in there, he of course notices you.

And Fangmei is of course well known. Still amazing how much dialouge she has. Eileen also initiates the conversaiton when you first meet her in Pigeon Park.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:19 pm

drunkensailor wrote: fangmei is incredible. it's almost like a small piece of sakura taisen dating sim inside shenmue 2. by walking near her she starts all sorts of conversations and your answers dictate her mood and follow up questions and eventually if she will call you ryo-san. I never ever got her to call me ryo-san yet :D

You don't get it because you are maybe giving wrong answers to her. You need at least 2 days to be "Ryo-san". Fang Mei only make 4 questions per day. I think they are 8 or 9.

The other method is when you're doing the Chawan sign. Try it at Man Mo Bistro and somebody will give you a paper saying "meet you at Come Over Guest House", go there and wait, you'll receive a call of a man saying "go to Man Mo Park". Go there and lose the fight. And the next is a spoiler so discover it by yourself :mrgreen:
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:27 pm

BlueMue wrote: Sure, I was asked by those girls. Sometimes you do have to walk if you look around or try to steer Ryo with more precission. But that sushi guy is inside of a restaurant, isn't he? You can only walk there and since you've went in there, he of course notices you.

And Fangmei is of course well known. Still amazing how much dialouge she has. Eileen also initiates the conversaiton when you first meet her in Pigeon Park.

no he is standing outside his restaurant and he only talks to you if you walk I think
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Fenix wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: fangmei is incredible. it's almost like a small piece of sakura taisen dating sim inside shenmue 2. by walking near her she starts all sorts of conversations and your answers dictate her mood and follow up questions and eventually if she will call you ryo-san. I never ever got her to call me ryo-san yet :D

You don't get it because you are maybe giving wrong answers to her. You need at least 2 days to be "Ryo-san". Fang Mei only make 4 questions per day. I think they are 8 or 9.

The other method is when you're doing the Chawan sign. Try it at Man Mo Bistro and somebody will give you a paper saying "meet you at Come Over Guest House", go there and wait, you'll receive a call of a man saying "go to Man Mo Park". Go there and lose the fight. And the next is a spoiler so discover it by yourself :mrgreen:

I know about losing the fight but I could never purposely lose a fight :mrgreen:
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:35 pm

drunkensailor wrote: no he is standing outside his restaurant and he only talks to you if you walk I think

Really? I guess I have to look out for him then sometime.

drunkensailor wrote: I know about losing the fight but I could never purposely lose a fight :mrgreen:

You should, it's fun! Shenmue II has a LOT of extra scenes and different routes when you lose fights.
Like I already said in another thread some time ago, just do a "Failzuki" from time to time. :mrgreen:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 pm

The japanese guy of the restaurant only ask you if you are japanese when you go to Come over guest house for 1st time. He's waiting outside.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:49 pm

I always believed I got every scene possible in shenmue 2 except fangmei birthday but I guess not. I also just read about fraying pan incident which I'm sure I've never seen. also I never got a golden medal in shenmue 2. so I never won the duck race with my own duck but I have a save file specifically for that to accomplish that sometime.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:58 pm

It's easy to win. Do not push the R button at max. Run a very lo speed on corners, push at middle in straight ways and when you pass the barrels, wait 3-5 seconds and then, max speed.

Make some tries and you'll finally win the race.

Did you tried the Chawan Sign in Blue Sky and White Dinasty? There are more extra sequences there.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Both. Yeah, yeah... cop out answer, but seriously it's both. I too love to walk and enjoy the atmosphere, locals and various hidden details. Though having been down the street a few times and having more pressing matters, sometimes you need to turn on the after burner.

Yama has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue II